D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Verys Arkon

First Post
DandD said:
We now know the official hitpoint progression table from the Tiers Excerpt preview on the official Wizards of the Coast-site.

Class Hit Points
Cleric (level × 5) + 7 + Constitution score
Fighter (level × 6) + 9 + Constitution score
Paladin (level × 6) + 9 + Constitution score
Ranger (level × 5) + 7 + Constitution score
Rogue (level × 5) + 7 + Constitution score
Warlock (level × 5) + 7 + Constitution score
Warlord (level × 5) + 7 + Constitution score
Wizard (level × 4) + 6 + Constitution score

Thanks - I'll remove the "Alternate Method 'B' now.

Version 2.0 is being edited now by community members and will be finalized within a few days.

It will include the information from the 4e Tiers article from WotC posted today, as well.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Version 2.0 Released

Version 2.0 is ready to download now.​

Thanks to the editors that had a look over the draft!

With the increased flow of information from WotC, expect more frequent updates. Keep this in mind if you plan on printing it out.

Updated in 2.0
• Added Dragonborn to races section, racial ability score modifiers, racial skill modifiers (Kwalish Kid)
• Added Warlord (still MANY unknowns), to classes section – including powers known, all appropriate tables. (TheLordWinter, Deathdonut).
• Added enough fan-generated powers to create a level 1 Warlord and a level 1 Rogue (Deathdonut, TheLordWinter, VBMEW-01, author of the pre-gens Varis Darkstrider and Fidder Rivers).
• Added Power progression table from preview article “4th edition Tiers” http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ex/20080416a
• Removed the Alternate HP Method “B” table, and verified HP Method “A” as correct http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ex/20080416a (DandD)
• Added Wizard powers Dispell Magic. Added known Wizard powers revealed at DDXP. Added high level Paladin smites.
• Added Tactical Assault and Burning Blizzard feats (eiglos).
• Added Ranger bonus feat (Sadrik, bganon)
• Added illustrations for Bursts and Blasts.
• Added Line of Sight and Line of Effect rules from DDM2.
• Clarified Healing Surges, after Chris Sims (WotC Designer) post.
• Clarified what happens on a natural 20 during a death saving throw (activate Second Wind, if available) (FitzTheRuke)
• Clarified Warlock’s curse and Ranger’s Quarry to indicate the additional damage only applies to successful attacks. It is not ‘auto-damage’.
• Paladin’s Shielding Smite adds + Wis AC, instead of +Cha (if Shielding Smite is the renamed Safeguard Smite) (FireLance).
• Paladin’s Holy Strike does 1[W] + Str damage (bganon)
• Added additional text to Critical Hits to clarify extra damage (from High Crit weapons, for instance) is rolled, and all other damage die are maximized (Xorn).
• Added initiative calculation.
• Removed bonus language from the half-elf (Tira’s extra language is likely related to intelligence, not race?) (FitzTheRuke)
• Reduced Wizard’s trained skills by 1.
• Updated Neceros’ character sheets to Beta F.
• Added known class skills to class descriptions
• Changed references to base ability modifiers to be more consistent.
• Reverted calculations for defenses to a previous version to specifically include +1/2 character level (since ½ level is not added to ability modifiers).
• Added colors to powers (Dave Noonan's Blog 3.25.2008)
• Reorganized Actions, Movement, Injury, and Combat sections to more closely follow 3.5 PHB organization.
• Formatting: Changed font to Mentor (used in the PHB), narrowed margins, improved pagination for double-sided printing.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Green Knight said:
Why'd you change Healing Word to Channel Divinity: Healing Word? That's not what it says on the DDXP Character Sheet.

Cut-paste error, I will fix asap.
Thanks

Edit: Changed now. Since it was such a quick edit I didn't change the version number.

Last edited:

Bayonet_Chris

First Post
A few things

Cascade of Light (Cleric Daily) Attack: +4 vs. Will; This should be Wis vs. Will
Cascade of Light (Cleric Daily) Hit: "3[W] + Wis radiant damage, and the target gains vulnerability 5 to all your attacks (save ends)." This is not a weapon-based power and should be 3d8, not 3[W], as listed on the sample cleric's sheet.

That's all I have time to look at right now. I'll try to examine it more in detail later.

Chibbot

First Post
Posted it on the news thread before I noticed this one, so just in case you don't see it:

The Dragonborn Summary stats don't match the Race entry stats. (+2 Wis vs +2 Cha)

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Most excellent and useful as always. Though, I do have a single suggestion. One of the "good habbits" that the 4e book writers tried to use was starting and entries (and not just the begining of chapters) at the beginning of pages, and ending it by the end of the two-page spread. For instance, you will see the Tiefling, Grick(?), Equipment and Gnolls all start on the top of the left page, and end some time on the page to the right. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to try to use a similar format, as I feel that it would make reading the PrRC in PDF form significantly easier.

Scalding

First Post
Printing problems

Is anyone else having problems printing this? I'm printing to a HP Color LaserJet 2605dn. I'm using Adobe Reader 8.

Starting on page 8, I get the error:
This document could not be printed.
<ok>

Followed by:
A drawing error occurred.
<ok>

It appears to choke on the Minor Action text (the red background). I've tried printing several pages.

------------
Oh, and hello everyone! I've been lurking for several weeks now, since the first PHB Lite was put up! It's a great work, and I'll be sure to share my gaming experiences with you!
===============================
Edit:
Ok, it's a driver problem. Just in case anyone else has this problem, I was using the HP's PostScript drivers when I had this problem. I have now installed their PCL6 drivers, and the problem is gone.

Last edited:

My InkJet both loves and hates you... so;

Since we're getting lot's of weekly updates from WotC, have you thought of publishing an updated version on a particular day? I'm sure you're going to add Monday's information, but should we wait until next weekend for your update before we print?

Thanks for the great work... saves looking around everywhere.

(ps go Flames... and Habs )

Remove ads