D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

VBMEW-01

First Post
Quick note, slightly off the current discussion: I updated Keterys' monster book.

http;//wayfound.webng.com/KETERYSv1-3.PDF

I added links to every 4th edition supplement I knew of.

David Argall said:
I will note, and object, that a number of the blue section titles amount to saying "Wow! 4.0 is so much better than 3.5."
Could we remove the cheerleading? It certainly won't be a part of the actual books.
I also object to this objection. I believe this "cheerleading", as you call it, comes directly from the DDXP source material. It also serves to draw attention to important changes between 3.5 and 4E, and as such is useful.

To Verys: Please keep the "cheerleading". You should stick as close to the source material as possible.

Green Knight

First Post
I was looking at this and was wondering about Bold (+5 to Save Vs Fear). Is it certain that this is a Halfling racial ability? Because it seems more like a Paladin class ability to me.

keterys

First Post
Given the order on the character sheet, it seems likely it is a halfling racial ability.

Paladins aren't all happy shiny any more, so I'd be willing to be not all are bold.

drjones

Explorer
Fifth Element said:
To Verys: Please keep the "cheerleading". You should stick as close to the source material as possible.

Also this is not a journalistic exercise. If someone else wants to put the work into compiling '4E Players Handbook Which Totally Sucks Because 3rd Is Way Better And Everyone Knows It But Here Is Your Dumb 4E Junk Anyway' they are entirely welcome to.

burntgerbil

Explorer
Just a quick note - I believe I spotted an anomaly. Rapiers appear to be a accurate weapon in 4e (as per the "Weapon Proficiency" section right below the weapon table) but this is not reflected in the table of weapons.

neceros

Adventurer
drjones said:
Also this is not a journalistic exercise. If someone else wants to put the work into compiling '4E Players Handbook Which Totally Sucks Because 3rd Is Way Better And Everyone Knows It But Here Is Your Dumb 4E Junk Anyway' they are entirely welcome to.
My point in positive versus negative.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Green Knight said:
The ones on the Wizards site are revised versions with mistakes corrected. So yeah, Ray of Frost is an Encounter Power.

I disagree. If this were the case it would make the Human extra class at will leaps and bounds better then the Halfelfs cross class ability.

It is easy to see that At will abilities are MUCH weaker then encounter ones. You would never use it.

Do you have the reference from WoTC regarding revising the sheets?

Last edited:

withak

First Post
Kirnon_Bhale said:
I disagree. If this were the case it would make the Human extra class at will leaps and bounds better then the Halfelfs cross class ability.

It is easy to see that At will abilities are MUCH weaker then encounter ones. You would never use it.

Do you have the reference from WoTC regarding revising the sheets?
So you're saying the sheets WotC put up themselves, on their own site, after DDXP, are the erroneous ones?

That makes no sense.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
withak said:
So you're saying the sheets WotC put up themselves, on their own site, after DDXP, are the erroneous ones?

That makes no sense.
It's easy enough to make the mistake. If they were putting corrected sheets up then they would have put up the fixed Paladin's Challenge as well.

It simply makes no sense to nerf the half elf like that anyway. I bet that nobody at DDXP had to play with Ray of Frost as an encounter ability. On top of that the sheets were put up while DDXP was still on - in the rush etc. it is easy to put the wrong one up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases