D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

zoroaster100

First Post
Hunter's Quarry must do 1d6 damage normally. The eladrin ranger in the pregens has a feat that improves his damage for Hunter's Quarry to 1d8, so the basic ability without the feat has to be less than 1d8. I figure it must be 1d6 as that puts it at the same amount as the warlock's curse which also adds 1d6 to attacks against the designated target.

Crashy75

First Post
Sorry for the double post but the ranger seems to be missing "Hunters Quarry".
HEre's the relavant text from the Riardon character sheet. I assume that it is a ranger feature and is at will.

Hunter's Quarry (once per turn as a minor action, designate the nearest enemy your quarry; once per round do +1d8 damage against your quarry; remains active until quarry is defeated, encounter ends, or you switch your quarry; only 1 quarry at a time)

EDIT: Oh, it looks like this has been mentioned (and with the feat perhaps it should add 1d6).

malcolm_n

Adventurer
This is seriously really cool.

One thing to suggest is Cleave for the fighter. It really reads like it should be STR to the secondary target instead of a flat 3. My basis for this? WotC loves 2's and 5's. the only real mention of 3's is in stats and toughness. I would hope my cleave gets better as I progress before it becomes useless to me.

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
Question:

The DDXP cleric character sheet says that his turn damage is 1d10+4 radiant damage

The 4e PHB Lite document says it is: 1[w]+ wis radiant damage.

I thought that [W] related to weapon die? If so, how does that makes sense, since the cleric weapon die from DDXP sheet is 1d8? Also, how does weapon die come in play with an area power?

Do we have any info that indicates that turn undead isn't simply 1d10+wis radiant damage? (at least at first level) Or am I missing something here?

Edit: Seems the line with the damage for the ranger power "Split the tree" is there twice.

Cheers

Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
Version 1.2 is now available. Thanks everyone that found an error and sent it in. Keep them coming! Thanks also to Neceros, for letting me append his character sheet to the PHB Lite, it somehow feels more complete with sheets at the back :)

zoroaster100 said:
Hunter's Quarry must do 1d6 damage normally. The eladrin ranger in the pregens has a feat that improves his damage for Hunter's Quarry to 1d8, so the basic ability without the feat has to be less than 1d8. I figure it must be 1d6 as that puts it at the same amount as the warlock's curse which also adds 1d6 to attacks against the designated target.
I've added Hunter's Quarry as you've described it here.

One thing to suggest is Cleave for the fighter. It really reads like it should be STR to the secondary target instead of a flat 3. My basis for this? WotC loves 2's and 5's. the only real mention of 3's is in stats and toughness. I would hope my cleave gets better as I progress before it becomes useless to me.
I think you are right about this skill, and I've changed it in version 1.2. Thanks.

The DDXP cleric character sheet says that his turn damage is 1d10+4 radiant damage. The 4e PHB Lite document says it is: 1[w]+ wis radiant damage.
Looks like I got carried away changing 1dsomethings to [W] - I've changed this to match the pregen character sheet. Thanks for finding this.

I'm also honored to have this thread nominated for "Sticky" status. :eek: This has certainly been a community effort! Thanks to everyone from the early reporters at D&D XP, their photos and scans, the transcribers, the reverse engineers, the number crunchers, and thousands of posts debating one interpretation or another. This is the result of YOUR work, I'm just the secretary. And of course, to the folks at Wizards for teasing and torturing us for a year with the preview information contained within PHB Lite, thanks! Like everyone else, I can't wait to see THE version in a few months :D

Remove ads