D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Cadfan

First Post
There's no way you could possibly figure this out from the information we have available, but, you know how the rogue has a choice of two "styles," and each style gives him a class ability and augments certain later class powers? There's a fair chance that a lot of the abilities we have listed as class abilities are similarly part of optional selections between multiple choices.

Silverwave

First Post
p. 38 of the Lite PHB 1.2 :

"It is a Strength attack versus Reflex to grab someone. Acrobatics vs Endurance or Athletics vs
Fortitude can be used to escape."

and some lines down :

" The target can escape his immobilized condition using an Acrobatics vs Reflex or Athletics check vs Fortitude as a move action."

Contradiction :)

v.1.2

in 2 points Eladrin are mispelled as Eldarin

page 5: in the table
page 7: while the name is right than near the will save you have again Eldarin

see here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20071221&pf=true

Eladrin: A Race Apart
The eladrin claim to be the original race from which both elves and drow split, with the (usually) unspoken implication that both other races fell away from the state of near-perfection that the eladrin embody. Certainly, the eladrin are still the most fey of the three elf races, still steeped in the magic of the Feywild and still the favored children of Corellon. Arcane magic suffuses their bodies and souls, sometimes emanating from them in a soft nimbus of fey light.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Great work!

But I couldn't help but notice on page 39, coup de grace is mispelled coup de gras.

Not a big deal, but a little something for 1.3 ;)

Verys Arkon

First Post
FabioMilitoPagliara said:
I posted in this thread
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4124617#post4124617

a few comments from Rodney Thompson and Mike Mearls to the rules we are using

there are a few clarification on the use of power and the fact that the paladin ability now work only if you keep attacking the marked monster

Thanks for the link. I'll replicate my post here:

... As the guy that compiled the 4e Lite PHB, I have to stress that YOU CANNOT JUDGE 4E BY THE PHB LITE, it is assembled from glimpses of outdated preview material and some pretty clever guess-work by fans, but that is all. It gives impatient fans a single place to see what has been revealed (and what might be deduced), and it can give you an idea how it "might" play, but for goodness sake, wait until you get your hands on the real PHB before you make any final conclusions.

In the meantime, game on, but keep an open mind.

Verys Arkon said:
Thanks for the link. I'll replicate my post here:

... As the guy that compiled the 4e Lite PHB, I have to stress that YOU CANNOT JUDGE 4E BY THE PHB LITE, it is assembled from glimpses of outdated preview material and some pretty clever guess-work by fans, but that is all. It gives impatient fans a single place to see what has been revealed (and what might be deduced), and it can give you an idea how it "might" play, but for goodness sake, wait until you get your hands on the real PHB before you make any final conclusions.

In the meantime, game on, but keep an open mind.

indeed indeed the original thread is unbelivable, gamescribe and mearls must have used all their Patience Points

keterys

First Post
Y'know, I bet Eldarin / Eladrin will be a very, very common mistake.

Far as I know, concealment gives +2 to all defenses and invisibility gives +5 to all defenses (or possibly -2 / -5 to attacks against).

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Your Ranger entry for "Careful attack" must be wrong.

Careful Attack Ranger Attack 1
You study the enemy, looking for a gap in his
defenses. Only when you find it do you strike.
At-Will ✦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: ranged or melee vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] damage.

I know that we've heard that a mistake on the DDXP character sheets made it too good, but this one is nerfed so much that it is no different from a basic attack!

I suggest that in lieu of other evidence you go for something half way between a basic attack and the DDXP character sheet version.

Cheers

FunkBGR

Explorer
Hey, sorry if I missed this and it's been discussed already, but did people not remember the Paladin article from awhile back?

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drdd/20071128

It's got a level 1 power for Paladins we could add, with the understanding that its maybe changed.

Safeguard Smite
Paladin 1
Encounter • Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 2x[W] + Cha.
Hit or Miss: An ally within 5 squares gains a bonus to AC equal to your Wisdom modifier until the end of your next turn.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases