D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Bayonet_Chris

First Post
Safeguard smite

I think this has been renamed "Shielding Smite". If so, the power needs to be updated to be:

Shielding Smite Paladin Attack 1
A translucent golden shield forms in front of a nearby ally as you attack with your weapon.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: melee vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Cha damage.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, one ally within 5 squares of you gains a power bonus to AC equal to the paladin's wisdom modifier.

Bayonet_Chris

First Post
Educated guesses

I've glanced through this a couple of times, but now I've actually started to go through it in depth and I have a couple of comments:

1. The section on defenses lists the ability modifier and the 1/2 level separately, but it was quite clear the 1/2 level was part of the ability modifier in the first place. Is that a bit redundant?

2. Humans and halflings get +1 healing surges per day. I'm not sold on this - I think it's more likely that divine classes (cleric, paladin) get the bonus healing surge, especially since paladins have an ability to give their surges up to someone else. Clerics and Paladins have more similar characteristics than humans and halflings.

3. Powers modifiers- it seems that most, if not all, abilities derive bonuses from the users' ability scores. It is more likely that the cleric powers (priest's shield, divine fortune) are granting a charisma bonus (+1 on the cleric in question) than a flat +1. The trend is that powers scale as you advance. Same goes for the Paladin's Bolstering Strike, Holy Strike, and Shielding Smite (Cha modifier). It wouldn't surprise me if Witchfire (Warlock) operated the same way, where the target takes a penalty equal to the caster's charisma modifier.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Bayonet_Chris said:
I've glanced through this a couple of times, but now I've actually started to go through it in depth and I have a couple of comments:

2. Humans and halflings get +1 healing surges per day. I'm not sold on this - I think it's more likely that divine classes (cleric, paladin) get the bonus healing surge, especially since paladins have an ability to give their surges up to someone else. Clerics and Paladins have more similar characteristics than humans and halflings.

./.agreed

Verys Arkon

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Your Ranger entry for "Careful attack" must be wrong.

I know that we've heard that a mistake on the DDXP character sheets made it too good, but this one is nerfed so much that it is no different from a basic attack!

I suggest that in lieu of other evidence you go for something half way between a basic attack and the DDXP character sheet version.

Cheers

I think the original Careful attack was +4 attack, and kept the +4 damage (from Dexterity). The newest one from the WotC site keeps the +4 attack (which I removed accidently), and removes the Dex from damage. I'll put the +4 to attack back in. Sound good?

This process has taught me that editing even something as small as 40 pages is difficult - WotC editors must be nuts to do it for 1000+ pages, to a deadline! So remember this when the core books come out and you catch one or two before complaining too loudly! :)

Thanks for everyone's eyes on this doc. V1.3 is in the works.

Verys Arkon said:
I think the original Careful attack was +4 attack, and kept the +4 damage (from Dexterity). The newest one from the WotC site keeps the +4 attack (which I removed accidently), and removes the Dex from damage. I'll put the +4 to attack back in. Sound good?
perfect!
This process has taught me that editing even something as small as 40 pages is difficult - WotC editors must be nuts to do it for 1000+ pages, to a deadline! So remember this when the core books come out and you catch one or two before complaining too loudly! :)

it's a terrible work, try to proofread even a short book and you are going nut!
you have not only to look for mispelling, but also the various comma and other signpoints and then if the writer respected the various convention of the text in question (for example did he put the right character for spell names.....) and so on

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases