Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

B4cchus

Explorer
That was a funny cross-posting action! I just edited my response as I read the part where you stated to heal him if he ouldn't take 2 attacks, after I made the post.
Will you stick with the shield of faith or go for the CLW?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'd feel like a cheater if I let knowing the outcome influence my decision. Of course, if I'm lucky, SoF makes the attack miss? She'll heal Mordik this upcoming round before he attacks so he is at 2, rather than 0 (lousy roll again. Arrrrrgh!) and isn't staggered. But as I expected, this looks like a TPK--I think the issue is that Eanos alone makes this a level-appropriate challenge due to being level 5, but the critter's DR is such that he can't possibly hurt it without a crit, so it's like he isn't here. I'd have been greatly impressed if the rest of us could actually beat it. Quarion, got a healing spell for Mordik? We might stand a ghost of a chance if so.

Also, it looks like Eanos has an Adamantine Dagger--ignoring hardness is worth it for the sacrifice of the d8 damage dice for a d4 instead)

*Ally heals Mordik so he can make one last desperate attack.*

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion steps back and puts a hand on one of Mordik's broad shoulders, whispering "Hopai sae da haesan, eine til yr'Verdante." (7 healed)

OOC: I was going to heal before Rystil suggested it. No, seriously, I was.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: The attack would still hits with the SoF.
With those 2 hp healing from Ally plus 7 from Quarion Mordik is at 9 hp. Now let's see what kind of damage Mordik will inflict this round.
Don't worry that much about a TPK.. you're starting to sound like me in one of your own deadly encounters :) You're doing great!

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Heh, I didn't know Quarion had a healing spell. We've got a chance now. It's all up to Mordik)

((OOC: hmmm... no pressure, though! ^_^;; ...and another crit! Sometimes I think Mordik should worship the Invisible Castle gods. lol))

Sustained by his party, Mordik strikes out again, and makes a deep cut that seems to just weep blood. With a wicked grin, Mordik coughs up crimson, fighting on.

atk+10, dmg+2, sneak+2d6

(atk=29, dmg=7, sneak=8)

crit confirm? another 1d8+2 if yes
(confirm?=26, dmg=8)

Total: 7+8+8= 23!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You win the internet. And, more than likely, this battle. Nice going! It was tense there for a moment--1 more damage and Mordik would have fallen unconscious :uhoh: Mad props to NPC Odno for the flanking and aid anothers though)

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: You win the internet. And, more than likely, this battle. Nice going! It was tense there for a moment--1 more damage and Mordik would have fallen unconscious :uhoh: Mad props to NPC Odno for the flanking and aid anothers though)

((OOC: we might not be out of the woods yet. *fingers crossed*))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think you got it--that was an amazing crit. Wow, we're lucky Ally asked Graven for silver and cold iron weapons to eventually use against his own devil or else we'd be stuck doing nonlethal to this thing :uhoh: )

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I think you got it--that was an amazing crit. Wow, we're lucky Ally asked Graven for silver and cold iron weapons to eventually use against his own devil or else we'd be stuck doing nonlethal to this thing :uhoh: )

((OOC: I'm not sure Graven is a different being. I'm excited to find out how the end of this combat wraps up and if Graven is here, how he responds.))

Remove ads