Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Rystil Arden said:
Also, it looks like Eanos has an Adamantine Dagger--ignoring hardness is worth it for the sacrifice of the d8 damage dice for a d4 instead)

OOC: That was my thought. Since I didn't know the hardness of the gem, I figured I'd give it one go with the higher damage, but since clearly that's no use: If the devil doesn't fall this round, Eanos will draw his Adamantine dagger and have a whack at the gem. If it does fall, well, no use ruining a good gem. ;)

B4cchus

Explorer
While Odno distracts the devil somewhat Mordik spots an op gap between chains that are draped around the creature. Mordik strikes out again, and makes a deep cut that seems to just weep blood. With a wicked grin, Mordik coughs up crimson, fighting on.
The creature's face twists in agony as sword sinks deep in it's flesh. When Mordik retreats his sword, the devil sinks on it's knees and with a bitter howl it starts to dissolve into a thick black smoke.
The smoke rushes into the gem and when all of it is absoberbed the gem starts to crack in Eanos' hands. It splits into two halves and no longer emits any light.

With the demise of the devil the room also clears up a little. The chains dissapear along with the devil.

ooc: wow, that was one very well timed crit! one chain devil less to worry about! Combat is over and you are standing in a practicly empty room with one door. What do you do?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion stares at the billowing smoke and the cracked gem for a moment. He drops to his knees, closes his eyes, and begins muttering his thanks to Verdante for giving his friends the strength to rid the material plane of that manifestation of evil.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wow, Mordik you were awesome!" Aletheia exclaims, running over and giving him a hug, "I thought we were all going to die, but you fought on despite your wounds. You were so strong! I can't believe we beat a kyton."

*She looks around.*

"We should find Graven and punish him for his treachery and evil."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos looks at the smoke and the shattered gem and breathes a sigh of relief. His gaze turns upward as he whispers "Through Ayratha's fire we're made stronger."

Dropping the now-dark gem to the floor, Eanos joins the others in congratulating Mordik. "I'm just sorry I couldn't be of more help, Mordik. Alethiea, I took a nasty gash from those chains. When you've patched up Mordik, could you help me, as well? Then, yes, I think we need one last meeting with our 'employer.'"

Last edited:

NakuruSai

First Post
At the hug Mordik winces but tries a forced smile. Err....thankyer...

Mordik walks over to one half of the destroyed gem Eanos dropped and picks it up. He'll take a cursory glance at it and then pocket it. Graven had 'is reasons. We'll find out what they are.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A reason?" Ally is a bit surprised at Mordik's statement, "He's depraved and in league with devils--as he told us, he sent another group to get the amulet half, they also met the guardian, and they returned and told him the truth, so he killed them. And then he was going to kill us too, to keep the truth of the amulet secret and try again with another group. Hells, if he strips the groups he kills of all their gear, he makes a profit each time."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion stands and takes the wand from Aletheia, healing himself once, then twice. (6 healed, full HP)

He adds his own commentary, "Graven's actions have certainly solidified our loyalties. The Guardian was not deceitful. We must retrieve the artifact that Graven has."

Remove ads