Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

B4cchus

Explorer
Downstairs, Dunbar leads you into a hallway, opposite of the drawing room where you were recieved the first time you visited this place.
He takes the second door on the left which leads into a room that is ebst described a working room. Numerous books are scattered throughout the room: some on the floor on a large pile, some on a large workbench and even more in a large bookcase.
On the workbench are also several pieces of alchemical equipment: some large jars containing dead animals (pobably), some beakers containnig brightly colored liquid, etc.

Dunbar walks straight to the opposite side of the room and stops in front of the only other door (save the one you entered the room through) is.
He rresents a large key and unlocks the door.
He speaks with a sad and defeated voice: "He will be down the stairs behind this door. I will not come with you down there. I have been there once and the sight of it still haunt my dreams. If you wish to make me go by force then by all means stab a sword through my worthless body now..

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
Downstairs, Dunbar leads you into a hallway, opposite of the drawing room where you were recieved the first time you visited this place.
He takes the second door on the left which leads into a room that is ebst described a working room. Numerous books are scattered throughout the room: some on the floor on a large pile, some on a large workbench and even more in a large bookcase.
On the workbench are also several pieces of alchemical equipment: some large jars containing dead animals (pobably), some beakers containnig brightly colored liquid, etc.

Dunbar walks straight to the opposite side of the room and stops in front of the only other door (save the one you entered the room through) is.
He rresents a large key and unlocks the door.
He speaks with a sad and defeated voice: "He will be down the stairs behind this door. I will not come with you down there. I have been there once and the sight of it still haunt my dreams. If you wish to make me go by force then by all means stab a sword through my worthless body now..

Mordik puts the flat of his sword to Dunbar's side. I'll be takin' tha' key, then, friend. And any others you may have. Ye'll get 'em back assumin yer nice throughout. Mordik puts his empty off-hand out. Once he receives the keys, he'll bring out 50' hemp rope previously borrowed. Y'understand I don't trust ya as far as I can spit ya, nah' with the current circumstances... but I aint spillin yer blood without a need. Now Now... I'm not forcin ya down the steps, but I'm not lettin ya free up here to do as ya please. In case this is a trap, see?

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

NakuruSai said:
Mordik puts the flat of his sword to Dunbar's side. I'll be takin' tha' key, then, friend. And any others you may have. Ye'll get 'em back assumin yer nice throughout. Mordik puts his empty off-hand out. Once he receives the keys, he'll bring out 50' hemp rope previously borrowed. Y'understand I don't trust ya as far as I can spit ya, nah' with the current circumstances... but I aint spillin yer blood without a need. Now Now... I'm not forcin ya down the steps, but I'm not lettin ya free up here to do as ya please. In case this is a trap, see?

Eanos nods his support of binding Dunbar. "The last thing I want to do is fight through reinforcements you might gather. Tie him quickly, Mordik, then let's finish this sour business."

B4cchus

Explorer
Dunbar reluctantly hands over the key and produces another ring with six keys on it and hands them over to Mordik as well. Then he sighs "If you find it important to tie me up, by all means do so, as long as you don't take me down.. there..

NakuruSai

First Post
jkason said:
Eanos nods his support of binding Dunbar. "The last thing I want to do is fight through reinforcements you might gather. Tie him quickly, Mordik, then let's finish this sour business."

Righ'. Mordik binds Dunbar, and adds to him ..Back to check on ya shortly. He puts the keys in his haversack, and continues down while wielding the silvered sword.

Use Rope to bind Dunbar. (1d20 6=17)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That isn't good enough," Aletheia comments, inspecting the bindings, "He might be able to break out. Try again, and I'll help."

(OOC: Let's try to get a 23 or above, which is probably high enough to prevent Dunbar from just taking 20 and wriggling free. I understand the desire not to waste time though, since we want those buff spells to stay up)

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"That isn't good enough," Aletheia comments, inspecting the bindings, "He might be able to break out. Try again, and I'll help."

(OOC: Let's try to get a 23 or above, which is probably high enough to prevent Dunbar from just taking 20 and wriggling free. I understand the desire not to waste time though, since we want those buff spells to stay up)

(OOC: It takes a minute per attempt (20min to take 20) and to break free he needs a 27 escape artist. I also didn't put in the +10 "binding bonus" by mistake. Mordik could clear this but only on a 19 or 20. Unless escape artist is a class skill for Dunbar AND he rolls over 18, this is a decent check.)

I like yer spirit, Aletheia, but I dunna think he can get out. If ye wanna play with ropes later I'll oblige. Mordik chuckles at this last comment.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think it only takes 2 minutes, since Escape Artist is a standard action, but you're right, with the +10 it should be fine--for whatever reason I thought you had included it ;))

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I think it only takes 2 minutes, since Escape Artist is a standard action, but you're right, with the +10 it should be fine--for whatever reason I thought you had included it ;))

(ooc: I made sure on this one after posting my roll, which is why I picked up forgetting to put the +10.)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/escapeartist.htm said:
Making an Escape Artist check to escape from rope bindings, manacles, or other restraints (except a grappler) requires 1 minute of work.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion leaves the rope tying to the others. He takes the key, opens the door, and descends down the stairs as soon as the others are finished.

OOC: If Eanos, our "combat" character wishes to go first, by all means. I just want to get moving again.

OOG: I'm back from my trip and mostly caught up, by the way. =P

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases