Mellubb's Xen'drik Heroes

Mellubb

First Post
Ok let’s get the protocol mumbo jumbo out of the way.
I prefer to post at least once a day. I understand real life stuff gets in the way sometimes so if you know you will be away for a few days or more please let me know and I will NPC you.
All rolls will be made on Invisible Castle. I will make certain rolls such as spot, listen etc for you.
XP will be awarded as it is earned.
Remember your action points!! They will probably save you at least once.

Now the fun stuff.

It is a chilly day in storm reach. The air is crisp as the winter months are about to begin. It does not get terribly cold in storm reach being a tropical climate but it is colder than normal about 65 degrees. As the morning gets older and the afternoon begins messengers begin posting flyer’s on several message posts throughout the city. The flyers read:

Greetings citizens of Stormreach,
The Harbor Lord needs your help. Several children have gone missing and a search party is being formed. We need the best and brightest to come and help our cause. We hope to attract the right people to aid us so the reward will not be posted at this time. That is not to say you will not be rewarded but it is our hope that this is not your reason for helping. Any one interested is to come to the harbor master’s house tomorrow morning at dawn. Further information will be given then.

Signed,
Homer Readbee
In service to Harbor Lord Jonas Wylkes

Please post what you character is doing when he/she sees the post and his/her intial reactions. The more I know about your characters daily routine and what not the more I can tailor the game towards the group.

OOC
RG

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
The day was already fast on the rise when Dreth opened his eyes and looked about his room. It was nothing particularly special but it was reasonably clean and secure, the food was good, and the staff friendly enough. What more could a rogue ask for?

Dreth washed his hands and face and dressed quickly. He could smell the Q'barran coffee from downstairs and determined that was exactly what he needed to clear the wine vapors from last night's revelry.

One coffee and cold sausage pastry later and he was ready to step out into the street feeling much refreshed. The cacophony of street merchants, creaking wagons, and livestock greeted him as he swung the door open. Reflexively he double checked the security of his coin purse and found it a whole lot lighter than he had remembered. "Thrice blasted changelings!", he mentally cursed. The Gateway was always a good time but his luck never seemed to hold there. He seriously doubted 'luck' had anything to do with it. 'Luck' also wasn't going to feed his expensive habit of wine and women. He had better do something to put some coins back into that purse. Time to peruse the postings with the other dregs.

Dreth stepped out into the flow of humanity and moved nimbly toward the docks. He pulled his hood a bit lower, ostensibly to shade his eyes against the sun. Truthfully, he wasn't exactly sure who he might run into. Dreth didn't like 'surprises'.

He finally arrived at 'the board' just in time to see a man wearing the livery of the Harbormaster exiting the scene, his newly posted handbill gently flapping in the salt breeze.

"Children are missing? And the Harbormaster is involved?", Dreth thought to himself. "These can't be just any old children," he continued, "The Stormlords could have given a flip less about the urchins I speak to on any given day. Something was going on here. Probably rich kids. Possibly kidnapping, extortion or randsom."

"Whatever it is, it isn't the kids' fault. Seems I've got a date with Master Wylkes."

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Siroc hardly notices the messengers post the flyers around town. He makes a small mental note in the back of his mind to check them after his errands. He was looking forward to lunch at The Chapterhouse. Besides the good food and entertainment there, he was enamored of one of the serving girls. Whenever he was in town, he had to go eat there at lunchtime just to see her.

After lunch, Siroc steps outside to head back to the docks to people watch. Smiling inwardly since he was lucky to not only see the girl of his dreams but actually talk to her. Along the way he remembers those notices that were posted ealier. He stops to read one. Noting that children were missing and no reward was listed he figured that not many of the local inhabitants would care about searching for them.

Well, someones got to go look for them. Hope they're still alive. Lots of nasty things out in the wild. Lots of nasty things here in town for that matter. Looks like an early lunch for me tomorrow then before I go see the Harbormaster. Siroc says to himself.

Having decided what he was doing the next day, Siroc then heads to the docks to size up the new arrivals coming off the ships in port.

Last edited:

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Bones woke in his bed at the Inn feeling satisfied and refreshed. He had just got into town the night before, and it would be a long shot that the authorities would track him here, let alone find him in this bustling city.

Getting out of bed and dressed, he double checked his bag and made sure his blades were properly fitted on his belts and then went out into the early morning sun. He meandered through the city, gazing upon the merchants wares and finding nothing worth taking or even buying. After lifting a few coins from an unsuspecting noble or some sort of mage, he wasn't sure, he bought a snack and found a quiet place to eat it.

Sitting, he picked up a flyer off the ground and read it as he ate. Thinking to himself, "Children missing? They may not be Halflings, but I still hate bullies. I'll have to find this harbor master fellow." He finished his snack and set off to find the Harbor master and see about these children.

Last edited:

Ruslanchik

First Post
Wanderer began the morning as he always does, with several hours of meditation. His mind followed the familiar pathways to calm and quiet, and settled peacefully--the world was good. He was not surprised to hear the voice again, whispering to him in an unknown tongue. As his meditation deepened he thought he could understand the words, but the meaning was beyond him. He listened more intently, careful not to lose himself in the exhilaration and frustration of the moment. Slowly the words began to form into images that overcame his mind and became his meditation.

He was flying over a dense forest. Far in the distance he could see a mountain towering over the trees that stretched ahead of him. The peak was bare and the sun shone brightly upon the sand and rocks. That was his destination. The voice was calling him there. Excitement rose in him. Was this what he had been looking for? He quickly floated up the side of the mountain and found himself at the summit. He stood there expectantly. The voice had stopped. He was alone. He looked out, hoping for something. All he saw was the sun shining brightly upon his mithral skin.

Wanderer was familiar with the feeling of loneliness that came after such an experience. He longed for direction, answers, peace for himself and others.

He rose and stepped from his room into the inn's common room. It was not strictly necessary to have a place to stay, but he enjoyed his private meditations and rooms made those possible. He tossed a coin to the barmaid on his way out into the street. She gave him a perplexed look, but smiled and wished him a good day.

He had no destination in mind as he set out, but he did want to see the city. He had been so many places, but he always enjoyed the first impressions of a new place.

The fragile races find such comfort in company, he thought as he watched people walk together about the city. I have met so many warforged and yet still I travel alone. Will I ever reach my destination? Will I ever find my community?

As he thought this Wanderer saw a man in an official-looking uniform hanging a flyer on a message post. He was curious to know about the city and assumed that the man carried local news of some kind.

Warforged are nothing if not motivated. Before he had finished reading the posting Wanderer's course of action was clear. He would gather his meager belongings, pay for his room, and set out for the harbor master's house immediately. (He did not consider it odd that he would arrive twelve or more hours early--he could meditate outdoors a easily as in.)

Walking Dad

First Post
Honor

At the early morning, Honor was still patrolling the streets of Xen'drik. But there was not much to do for him. He lacked the sharp eyes to spot the cutpurses on anyone but himself. His call was the bloody battle against the forces of evil, not that of a city ward.
He felt the loneliness, when he looked at his inactive docent. He missed her voice in his head.

Than he saw the fliers. After picking one up and reading it, he thanked the gods for their mission and walked to harbor master's house immediately. He had nothing else to do. The time to pray was over. It was time to do his work. He was protector and avenger, the holy weapon of the Host.

Standing at the harbor master's house was as good as anything else. As any good weapon he had no need to sleep, no need to eat.

Mellubb

First Post
Honor and Wanderer arrive at about the same time. The day is beginning to warm and the air lighten up. The guard at the gate to the Harbor MAster's estate find it odd that you have shown up over 19 hours early but does not bother you as you wait. The rest of the group is free to do whatever until the next morning. You may post if you want if not we can move on.

frostrune

First Post
Hefting his flattened purse again ('Damn, is this somehow lighter?') Dreth decides he probably has enough remaining coin to do what he does best: make friends.

He pats Kern gently on the head and says, "Maybe we can spread this around a bit? Somebody has got to know something about this, right?"

OOC: Dreth will spend the rest of the day drifting in and out of various dockside bars trying to learn anything he can about these missing kids. Gather Information (untrained) +5

Ruslanchik

First Post
Wanderer approaches the other warforged. He tries hard to present himself as non-threatening.

"I am Wanderer. Do you have a name?"

"I see by your markings that you worship the Sovereign Host. I would like to know, does this bring you peace?"

Graybeard

Explorer
Siroc will eat dinner at The Chapterhouse hoping to see the girl of his dreams again. He will get a room there and wake early to go to the Harbormaster's.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases