Allowed races

ok so only players handbook races would be allowed as put in D&D terms...anything fantasy other than elves gnomes and dwarves is prohibited

I would think one ,especially one that would have to openly show alliegance to a GOOD diety would be tolerated, but then again that is just what I think, I don't know how others feel.

Tharivious

First Post
Protector_corwin said:
ok so only players handbook races would be allowed as put in D&D terms...anything fantasy other than elves gnomes and dwarves is prohibited
More correctly, only races that aren't blatantly inhuman in appearance are allowed, as are things that conceal their inhuman appearance. You're making it out to be more of a restriction than it actually is.

Put yourself into the mindset of a xenophobic medieval-esque society in a world where inhuman = wants-to-kill-me. How would that mindset react to something covered in scales with the head of a dragon, y'know, complete with big teeth, reptilian eyes, horns, claws and such? It's going to freak out the locals, regardless of whose holy symbol it wears.

4E default cosmology's views =/= Greyhawk's views. Neither did 3/3.5E's, for that matter.

Tharivious

First Post
Which is why I noted down 3/3.5E as well, because both incarnations of the Dragonborn have the same problem in regards to how the people of Ford's Keep would react. While Greyhawk was, for all intents and purposes, the default setting for non-setting specific products, those products often went against the grain of the setting. Sure, the Dragonborn of Bahamut are non-evil and dedicated to a lawful good entity by virtue of their rebirthing process, but try convincing a pitchfork wielding mob of ordinary locals of that when all they see is a monstrous humanoid with draconic features.

Remove ads