[ooc] - Dogville - a bloody 3.5 game [5/5]

Walking Dad

First Post
BTW: It got new rules for darkness. Perhaps you like them:

Dar kness
School evocation [darkness]; Level bard 2, cleric 2, sorcerer/wizard 2
Casting
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, M/DF (bat fur and a piece of coal)
Effect
Range touch
Target object touched
Duration 1 min/level (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
Description
This spell causes an object to radiate darkness out to a 20-foot radius. Creatures without darkvision are effectively blinded in this area. Normal lights (torches, candles, lanterns, and so forth) and light spells brought inside the area of darkness can brighten the area, allowing
a creature to see normally in the light’s radius.
If darkness is cast on a small object that is then placed inside or under a lightproof covering, the spell’s effect is blocked until the covering is removed.
Darkness can be used to counter or dispel any light spell of equal or lower spell level.

Light
School evocation [light]; Level bard 0, cleric 0, druid 0, sorcerer/wizard 0
Casting
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, M/DF (firefly)
Effect
Range touch
Target object touched
Duration 10 min/level
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
Description
This spell causes an object to glow like a torch, shedding bright light in a 20-foot radius (and dim light for an additional 20 feet) from the point you touch. The effect is immobile, but it can be cast on a movable object.
Light can be used to counter or dispel any darkness spell of equal or lower spell level.

doghead

thotd
ooc - Dogville

WD - Thanks for the heads up.

Voda - the spell duration is 10min/level in the SRD. I won't change anything at this time, especially mid spell. Also, the spell isn't really affecting anyone's ability to see as it is already dark. It is however, forcing the goblins (and Brottor) to take the same penalty as those without dark-vision.

Everyone - I am going to be away overnight, so nothing for 24-36 hours from me.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ooc - dogville

The problem with taking time off is that your immune system goes, "Great, downtime." And promptly takes time off. And you get sick.

Should be functioning better tomorrow.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ooc - Dogville

Hey everyone. Apologies for the lack of posts. I was waiting for you to agree on the plan, then got rather overwhelmed by the course I was doing. Its been a long time since I have studied. I'm going to be on a boat for the next five days, so no posting until next weekend.

That should give you plenty of time to get ready.

doghead
aka thotd

Walking Dad

First Post
doghead said:
ooc - Dogville

Hey everyone. Apologies for the lack of posts. I was waiting for you to agree on the plan, then got rather overwhelmed by the course I was doing. Its been a long time since I have studied. I'm going to be on a boat for the next five days, so no posting until next weekend.

That should give you plenty of time to get ready.

doghead
aka thotd
I thought you ill, and I am waiting for a reaction to my statement, that "my" mist will be stationary.

Good to have you back. I was afraid this game would die.

doghead

thotd
ooc - dogville.

Yeah, ill then studying. The last few weeks have been bit of a blur. Sorry.

Can't really remember exactly how things stood when I last checked in. Feel free to hijack the halflings for any plans you want to make. I won't be able to answer any questions. But don't get too hung up on stuff. If its minor stuff, just go with what works. If its a big one, perhaps frame the plan around 'If X is true, then we do A. If not, we do B.'

Or just assume X is true. If I think you are taking ogre sized liberties, I will take a few of my own :)

doghead
aka thotd

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases