Help me build a better Beguiler

moritheil

First Post
StreamOfTheSky said:
Flyby Attack lets you do ANY standard action in between your move. Which reminds me, I thought Beguilers eventually get to feint as a swift action anyway? Even if you only get it as a move action, nothing's stopping you from using your standard action for a move action...

OK.

Beguilers can only swift feint if they take the feat in addition to getting the class ability.

eamon

Explorer
moritheil said:
OK.

Beguilers can only swift feint if they take the feat in addition to getting the class ability.
...and that's not generally worth a feat ;-). At high levels, you'll have better things to do with your swift action, and the benefit isn't that great to a beguiler.

moritheil

First Post
eamon said:
...and that's not generally worth a feat ;-). At high levels, you'll have better things to do with your swift action, and the benefit isn't that great to a beguiler.

Yeah, I'm playing a beguiler now and 99% of the time you could instead be blinding or incapacitating a foe . . . denying it dex is paltry in comparison (and you can deny dex by blinding anyhow.) There are only a few narrow circumstances in which feint is better, and they mostly revolve around conserving spell slots.

Remove ads