D&D 4E Raiders of Oakhurst Reloaded -- Free 4E Adventure (Ennie Nominated!)

*** FLASH ***

Raiders of Oakhurst - Reloaded was nominated for a 2008 Ennie!

*** FLASH ***

With the success of the original Raiders of Oakhurst playtest adventure, I decided to go ahead and expand the adventure to make it more complete and provide several full sessions worth of adventuring.

I give you Raiders of Oakhurst - Reloaded.

Synopsis: Answering a call for help from the town of Oakhurst, the PCs track a band of kobold raiders to their lair and find more than they bargained for.

Still designed for 1st level 4E PCs, it now offers a complete adventure with a town of NPCs, wilderness surroundings, additional adventuring areas, and an expanded final dungeon area. For those groups who like a lot of roleplay, the expanded town and detailed descriptions of NPC interactions should provide lots of opportunities for investigation without swinging a single sword.

Enjoy!

Update: Grumpy Celt RPG Reviews has a comparison of Raiders of Oakhurst Reloaded to Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh as an analysis of "Old School versus New School" adventure design.

Maps:

1. Xorn contributed excellent Dunjinni maps for this adventure.

2. Tovokas put together some excellent outdoor maps.

3. Available at Reloaded product page with free .pdf link

4. And now there is a dedicated web site for Oakhurst adventures: No Name Publishing.

Attachments

• Raiders of Oakhurst Reloaded (Final v1.0).doc
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,191
  • Raiders of Oakhurst Reloaded_combined.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:

Xorn

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
With the success of the Raiders of Oakhurst playtest adventure, I decided to go ahead and expand the adventure to make it more complete and provide several full sessions worth of adventuring.

Still designed for 1st level 4E PCs, it now offers a complete adventure with a twon of NPCs, wilderness surroundings, additional adventuring areas, and an expanded final dungeon area.

I'm still doing refinement of NPCs to fill in some backstory (you can see hints of it in some areas), but I thought I'd share the Beta build until I get the rest of it done. I'll post the final version of it in this thread, with appropriate title change, when the work is complete.

Enjoy!

PS: The maps are pretty much final other than some polishing, so if anyone wants to convert them into prettier forms, the help would be much welcome!

Holy crap! I'll get started on maps. :)

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
With the success of the Raiders of Oakhurst playtest adventure, I decided to go ahead and expand the adventure to make it more complete and provide several full sessions worth of adventuring.

Still designed for 1st level 4E PCs, it now offers a complete adventure with a town of NPCs, wilderness surroundings, additional adventuring areas, and an expanded final dungeon area.

I'm still doing refinement of NPCs to fill in some backstory (you can see hints of it in some areas), but I thought I'd share the Beta build until I get the rest of it done. I'll post the final version of it in this post, with appropriate title change, when the work is complete.

Enjoy!

PS: The maps are pretty much final other than some polishing, so if anyone wants to convert them into prettier forms, the help would be much welcome!
Thanks for this. I hope to run it this Tuesday or next Tuesday.

Henry said:
So, has WotC contacted you yet about working in their PR department, Olgar? :D

Shoot, I'm no corporate flack ;).

Ironically, even though I've put a lot of work into this adventure, I'm still undecided on my future with 3.5E vs. 4E. I enjoyed our 4E playtest enough to order the core books, but my group and I have so much invested in 3.5 that we haven't gotten enough use out of that I'm not sure if we'll actually make the switch.

I mostly just like putting together fun adventures, and think it's a shame that WotC didn't pass out a sample dungeon or two to go with the playtest characters at D&D XP so the rest of us can share the fun. The original piece I put together just felt incomplete ... hope everyone have fun with the expanded version. I hope to have the NPC section completed and the rest of the adventure polished up by the end of the week.

Xorn

First Post
Link incoming for first map.

I'll try to shell out one per day, at least. As you will see, I added some lighting effects. If the color or strength is off, I can adjust it easily. I'm going to kick Olgar in the hind parts if he doesn't stop adding waterfalls. I don't really have a good texture for it (and too lazy to grab the art), so I just fart with the thing till it kinda looks right.

EDIT - Map up:
Stone Table, Level 1
Stone Table, Level 2
The Lost Tomb

More to come!

EDIT 2008-Mar-24: Stone Table, Level 2 added
EDIT 2008-Mar-27: The Lost Tomb added. Should have crag tomorrow.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases