Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Graybeard

Explorer
While I am no stranger to danger nor am I one to back away from it. However, the historical and academic posibilities are too intriguing to resist. Count me in. Zorn adds.

wandering_8i

First Post
Up until now Jason had remained in back trying to be unobtrusive. With this pronouncement though he slowly stands placing his helmet on the chair he was in. His cloak sliding open he is in a jet black set of full plate. Upon the plate etched in silver is a full chest sun burst. The light in the room seems to get a bit brighter and speaking in a passionate tone Jason proclaims.
I could think of no better way to honor our friend then to ride the world of this corruption in his honor. This is a glorious day my new found companions!
Realizing he may have gotten a bit carried away he promptly goes to sit down remembering the helmet only in the nick of time. Jason sits quetly but with a wide grin on his face.

J. Alexander

First Post
Robert McArdy

"Yes, Amborse was always one to love mysteries and challanges" he says then quietly add "There is a dark evil in the swamps, something that is old it must be contained or destroyed before it leeches it way to this town and the innoncents it contains."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison is shown a room and wakes the next morning. He prepares by donning his full regallia and heads to the room where the will is to be read....

Scotley said:
...Kailee speaks first, "I already told Ambrose I'd lend a hand." You suspect there is a hint of wry humor in the way she says, 'a hand'. "We agreed I won't be going into the wild, but I'll support you to the best of my ability from here. Who's in? I'll pour you a drink for the road if you don't want to join the quest."

At the final words of the will Harrison starts to grin and slowly shakes his head. This after all the others have spoken turns to a low chuckle.

" That ole, sly weasel. I had plans to retire here with a weapons forge, but Ambrose knew i would not rest with a great evil running afoot." a stiff smile forms on his face and he then continues, "I am definately in. I am Harrison Jakes. I am only a fighter, but I do it very well."

]ooc[ sorry all, been dealing with a major vehicle malfisiance (breaks went out!) ]/ooc[

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The Attorney smiles, "I'm sure Mr. Wythwindle would be pleased that you have all decided to join the expedition. I'll just wrap up the bequests and leave you gentlemen to it." He pulls out another document and asks the Innkeep to 'bring the chest.' She slides a medium sized box from under a nearby table and hands the attorney the key. "In addition to the 3,000 gp each, the native guides and the services of our good host here, these are the items Ambrose had gathered in preparation for the expedition. " He pulls out a world map, which is sadly lacking in local detail. Then a sheaf of scrolls, a brace of MW darkwood light crossbows each with a quiver containing 5 alchemical silver and 5 cold iron tipped bolts, a MW spear with an Adamantine point, a MW Morning star, a MW Adamantine great axe, a pair of MW daggers, a MW Alchemical silver Rapier, an everburning torch, two vials of anti-toxin, 4 vials of holy water, a large bolt of mosquito netting, a healer's kit, a set of masterwork thieves tools, a crowbar, two small folding shovels, a woodsman's axe, 200' of silk rope with a grapnel, a broad leather belt studded with 3 moonstones, a pair of fist sized unworked stones that seem to be mirror images of each other, 3 wands, and five potion bottles. "The wands are cure serious wounds with 8 charges, Bear's Endurance with 5 charges, and Detect Magic with 20 charges. The Potions are two elixir's of vision, a cure light wounds, and two keen weapon oils. A Healer's Belt (Magic Item Compendium). A pair of Sending Stones (again MIC)." He takes up the scrolls and reads from his list, "Divine: Guidance, Cure Minor wounds, True Resurrection (x3), Restoration, Lesser, Find Traps, and Goodberry. Arcane: Resistance, Featherfall, Expeditious Retreat, Levitate, Dispel Magic, and Identify."

The man quickly gathers his papers, "If there are no questions, I'll leave you to sort all this out and plan your next moves. I do wish you all the best of luck in your mission. God Speed." He makes his way out if no one asks a question of him.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
???

Kailee goes to the door and calls for tea. Soon a large pot of tea, cups, honey, slices of lemon, cream and some biscuits are brought from the kitchen. "Well gentlemen, what do you want to do next? How can I help?"

Graybeard

Explorer
Walking over to pick up the scrolls, Zorn announces,

If there are no objections, I will take the arcane scrolls. If someone else here can use them, then please let me know now so we can work out an equitible arrangement.

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos

Graybeard said:
Walking over to pick up the scrolls, Zorn announces,

If there are no objections, I will take the arcane scrolls. If someone else here can use them, then please let me know now so we can work out an equitible arrangement.
"I can use them after... never mind. I would like to take the star. I can carry most of the items for us." Looking at the greataxe: " Nice door opener. We should tell us our abilities, if we want to work together. I'm a proud fighter and tunnel defender. What is your profession?"

renau1g

First Post
"Well, as I said before Fin's me name and taking care o' them nasty traps is what I be best at. That and moving around unseen, until of course me friend Samman strikes ye down. I wouldn't mind bringing that rapier with me, it'd match me other one" Fin says with a wry grin. Looking over at the proprietor, Fin says"How 'bout you put away that girly tea and bring me some of the strong stuff, lassy"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases