Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Mista Collins

First Post
"As I may be able to make most use of the scrolls, it might be best if I carry those." Logan says as he grabs the Divine scrolls. "If anyone can use the wand to cure wounds, I suggest they carry it as I may not be available or in the situation where I can patch any wounds that need serious attention."

Logan smiles a bit as the dwarf grabs the small cask and heads out with it, glad he left the wine. He pores himself a glass and looks over the map while taking small sips; enjoying every bit of it.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Tagret stands and politely (for a sheltered monk) excuses himself. He puts on his cat mask and returns to his room. He spends the rest of the night practicing his artform and meditating.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison is about to grow a smile onhis face at the sight of the cask of ale when the dwarf snags it and trots off to his room. his face is a cross of confusion and dissappointment...quite comical for those wh are in view of it.

*sigh* " i think that a back up weapon of a spear might be of good wisdom. i would also like to carry one potion each of anti toxin and cure wounds, if that is alright? i already have some rope and a climbing kit, so the rope and grapnel might better off in someone elses pack. i already own an ever burning tourch, but one of those folding shoves might come handy."

If there are no objections he takes the items and places them in various locations on his person, then starts to drink making small talk with the others to learn about them and let them learn about him ... strengths, weakness, skills...

Scotley

Hero
The company settles in after dinner for some drinking and companionship or takes time to practice or explore the little town. Being a weeknight, the Tavern crowd begins to thin out by 8 or so. By now it is dark out and only Ernst Middlebrook and a couple of stout fellows in chainmail, his guards perhaps, are still at the Inn. One of them, seemingly deep in his cups announces loudly that he must visit the jakes. He stumbles to the back door of the Inn and outside.

OOC: All make a hearing check. Zorn make a spot check as well. Please read only the sblock appropriate for your roll and post character actions if any along with your roll.

[sblock=Hearing check of 10 or less]You find yourself distracted this evening.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hearing check of 11 to15]You find yourself listening to the conversations and stories (or sounds of the city if you are alone) and just relaxing.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hearing check of 16 to 20]The dogs down the street seem awfully agitated suddenly. [/sblock]

[sblock=Hearing check of 21 to 25]That was a strange noise, what was it? Something outside didn't sound quite right, hard to be sure what it was with the dogs down the street raising a ruckus. Ah at least they've stopped barking.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hearing check of 26 to 30]The barking of a dog down the street stops with odd suddenness. Is that drunken man at arms whistling? You hear a metallic sound outside as well. Clanking or clattering of some sort. It is hard to tell if the noise is out front or out back.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hearing check30+]A barking dog suddenly ceases to bark somewhere in the night. Was that a yelp of pain at the end? The man at arms seems to be whistling a poor attempt at a bird call. Then a more disturbing sound reaches your ears. Is that the sound of armed men approaching?[/sblock]

[sblock=Zorn rolls less than 15 on spot]It is a nice night. Saltmarsh is a pretty grubby little frontier town, but it seems to be on the verge of becoming something more.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zorn rolls 16 to 25 on spot]After a pleasant enough walk around Saltmarsh, Zorn is nearly the Inn just after dark. The streets are mostly deserted here abouts, but he does catch a glimpse of a few people moving on the next street over. Saltmarsh doesn't seem to have much of a night life on weeknights.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zorn rolls 26+ on spot]As he nears the Inn just after dark he notes a band of armed men in a tight group heading for the door. More figures seem to be approaching the back. They don't move like men just out for a drink.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I'm not sure if Fin is ok to roll as he's in his room, if not then ignore my roll [/sblock]

Fin settles in for a night with his friends, ale and his bow, when he thinks he might have heard something out of the ordinary, but after a moment settles back down and puts his feet up.

Listen (1d20+11=15)

Last edited:

Remove ads