Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Tagret]It was intended as a bonus for having low light vision in this situation. The people hiding nearby in shadows were in range of your vision. And you beat their roll so...

Tagret steps outside and glances up to see the lizards perched on the inn's sign catching bugs attracted to the tiny flames on the ship. As he looks further away he sees that several, at least 6, men in armor and with a variety of weapons in hand are slinking toward the Inn. The closest of them are perhaps 25' away. [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Grinning, Tagret shakes his head "Dogs have finally silenced. Perhaps it is time to turn in." He backs his way inside, once inside he tells the others; "Armed men approach. At least 6, maybe more. I would assume they are here for us, unless this kind of trouble frequents the place."

wandering_8i

First Post
Jason will make a quick inventory of the people in the room,
Get everyone somewhere safe
If Kailee is around the comment is directed at her, otherwise it is directed at whoever is near that appears sober.
I would prefer to settle this peacefully, but if they come with evil intent then let them taste Pelor justice.

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos, AC 29 (T19, FF27), HP 107/107, F +11,R+6,W+10

Garagos readies his shield and axe and steps to the doorway, grumpling: "Door is secure'. Someone watch my back and the windows. Is there a backdoor?"

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Scotley, I know Fin's upstairs, but should I roll a Listen to see if I hear this commotion downstairs or just hold off? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: This would be a good time to roll initiative...

[sblock=Fin]Yes, listen check DC: 15 to hear now, or failing that DC: 10 each round of combat to realize there is a battle downstairs. I'll leave it to you to add Fin to the action whenever he becomes aware. If somebody toss out particularly loud magic or alchemy--lightining, shout, thunderstones etc. Add 4 to your roll. [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
A quick look around tells you that this is a not an optimal place to defend. There are two doors to the outside and one to the kitchen as well as one to the Inn part of the business. There are also some windows with fairly light shutters. Other than the party members there are the two men at arms and Ernst Middlebrook.

The men at arms, one by Ernst and one at the bar draw long swords and Middlebrook pulls a brace of hand crossbows.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[ arrg! i blink and there is cambat ensuing! ]/ooc[

" you said there are six men outside? any spell casters or just men at arms? also do they weaar local colors? this area seems to be in an area of armed conflict these days." he says this while donning his helm and shield, redieing for action to guard Garagos' back.

the Kitchen and back door being only part of his worries. the shutters on the windows could be a source of entry, making this a down and outright challenge to defend. he lookls to the elvin inkeep with an appology in his eyes, "mi' lady, there may be damages to your fair inn. I am sorry for what i may have to do. Fis is up stairs, he may need to watch for entry up there."

Inititive:

Inititive (1d20+2=13)

Ac: 24 Hp: 97/97 primary attack : longsword and shield

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases