Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Walking Dad

First Post
Hoof'n Mouth

Scotley said:
Garagos enters the tavern just as a human is coming out. The place looks to be old and in poor repair, yet Garagos can clearly see it is new construction. There must be no attempt and cleaning or maintenance here. He orders a schnapps from the Dwarf behind the bar and finds the price cheap, yet the schnapps is hardly worth it. When he asks about the Lizard's Boat the barkeep asks in a loud voice, "Another one? What is it today? Nobody wants to drink with people no more? Everyone wants to go drink with the reptiles?"

"Don't complain like an old woman and give me another schnapps. Than tell me about the other ones and where this dam$$d reptile is!" answers Garagos in dwarven, using his thunderous voice. This kind of schnapps lifted his spirit not an inch.

Scotley

Hero
The Cathedral of Pelor

As if on cue a young novice approaches the two newcomers, Jason and Logan. Realizing he has both a visiting Priest and Paladin of some status on his hands the young lad becomes quite nervious practically falling over his own robe rushing you to the local High Priestess. She sits at a desk in an impressive office and rises to greet the visitors. She shakes hands firmly and introduces herself as Lyra Ivessa. Despite her warm greeting you both get the sense her smile is forced. She sends the novice to prepare guest rooms and asks you to join her for tea. "I'm afraid there is no one here who could match you in sparing sir Paladin, but we will be happy to provide a place for the night and you must join us for dinner." Turning to Logan she says, "I would be honored if you would say a mass this evening. If word spreads that we have a visiting priest the attendance might be better." A hopeful look crosses her face.

Scotley

Hero
Aboard the Merchant Ship Silver Mist

Fin finds a sailor with a considerable beer gut who seems to know about every tavern along this coast. "Aye, its just a block or two off the docks. Go inland to the North road and hang a right. It shouldn't be too far along. Nice place as I remember. Be sure to get a mug of the Blue Frog."

Scotley

Hero
The Lizard's Boat

The woman smiles and says, "Certainly, Welcome to The Lizard's Boat." She reaches for a key from a peg board behind the bar. As Tagret asks his bold question, the Big Lizard raises its head and hisses angrily. The woman silences him with a look, but he continues to stare menacingly at the Monk. "I ran afoul of a Wyvren in the Dreadwood. They are a hazard in these parts. I was a Ranger in the Dreadwood before settling down to keep an Inn and Tavern. Now tell me your tale, what brings you to Saltmarsh, do you just rove around to ask impertinent questions?"

Scotley

Hero
Life in Saltmarsh

His crock of chowder carefully stowed, Robert sets off to find the Lizard's Boat. The people he sees seem prosperous and busy. The little frontier town seems to be prospering despite or perhaps because of the war. It seems the places is on the edge of becoming a proper city and a sense of possibility is on the air. It is close enough to civilization to be relatively safe yet far enough away to avoid being overburdened with rulers and taxes.

He soon comes to the lizard covered sign of The Lizard's Boat. Entering he sees a familiar looking man chatting with an Elven woman behind the bar. Robert observes that she is missing a hand. The place is clean, well maintained and includes an Inn. The smells from the kitchen suggest that the food isn't bad either. A few patrons are eating or drinking at tables, but the place isn't particularly busy at mid-afternoon. They take little notice of the strangers.

Scotley

Hero
Hoof 'n' Mouth

The dwarf behind the bar pours the schnapps, appearantly willing to take some abuse from customer who keep drinking. Garagos notes that the beveage does not improve with a second round. The barkeep responds in Dwarvish, "Some damn fool of a Monk was in here not 10 minutes ago asking for directions to the Lizard's Boat. Said he didn't drink, but tell me why was he going to two taverns in the same afternoon, but doesn't drink? Bought a pint for old Lagos down the bar and I told him where the 'Boat is and threw him out." He pours himself a mug of thick black ale and shakes his head. "Now in comes you asking the same fool question. All either of you would have had to do is walk another block and turn right. What am I the welcome wagon? I sell drink here, I'm no tour guide. Another Schnapps?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Hoof 'n' Mouth

"One ale for the way. You are a good dwarf. If you ever need help, ask the Stonebreaker Clan for Garagos Stoneshield"
After these words, he drinks his ale, pays the dwarf and goes to the other tavern.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Scotley said:
The woman smiles and says, "Certainly, Welcome to The Lizard's Boat." She reaches for a key from a peg board behind the bar. As Tagret asks his bold question, the Big Lizard raises its head and hisses angrily. The woman silences him with a look, but he continues to stare menacingly at the Monk. "I ran afoul of a Wyvren in the Dreadwood. They are a hazard in these parts. I was a Ranger in the Dreadwood before settling down to keep an Inn and Tavern. Now tell me your tale, what brings you to Saltmarsh, do you just rove around to ask impertinent questions?"

Tagret sweeps into a low bow, "Forgive my lack of social skills ma'am." He stands upright, his posture perfect as he looks the half-elf in the eye, "I was asked to be at this place by noon tomorrow, for a meeting of sorts." Tagret slips his mask back onto his head and turns toward the lizard, "Calm yourself friend. As long as I am here, I shall cause no harm or make any threats." He looks back at the barkeep, "I shall gladly come to the aid of those that require it. Please milady, do not hesitate to call me from my room if the need arises. How much for a room for the night? And a meal if I can have it."

Scotley

Hero
Walking Dad said:
"One ale for the way. You are a good dwarf. If you ever need help, ask the Stonebreaker Clan for Garagos Stoneshield"
After these words, he drinks his ale, pays the dwarf and goes to the other tavern.

The ale proves no better than the schnapps. It is thick and dark and tastes vaguely of dirt. "Well met Gargos Stoneshield, you can with Blahg here in the Hoof 'n' Mouth any time."

Gargos finds The Lizard's Boat without difficulty. The sign seems to be covered in small magical flames on a boat. Several lizards rest on the sign. Inside the Tavern and Inn Gargos sees a few dinners, a man at the bar talking with an Elven woman and another man just entering with what appears to be a tiger. The place is decorated all over with carvings and pictures of lizards. Even the plates are painted with lizards.

Scotley

Hero
The Lizard's Boat

The woman softens somewhat, "Oh, you knew Ambrose Wythwindle. He was quite a fellow. I grew very attached to him while he stayed here." She composes herself. "A room is 2 gp and include breakfast and a bath. Lunch will cost you 4 sp plus anything you have from the bar." At this point Tagret notices a very very large cat coming up behind him with a human at its side.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases