Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"I'm sure you would know better than I about such things. Do you perceive any danger? Should we wake the others?"

Scotley

Hero
"We are in the forbidden depths of the fen. There is nothing but danger here. You saw shapes moving out there and now an unnatural fog surrounds us, perhaps..."

Sine'Gile's words are interrupted by a woman's scream. Two half naked women run onto the little island looking scared. Their clothes are torn and they are covered in mud from the swamp. They are moving toward Logan. A couple of large figures can be dimly seen pursuing them.

OOC: Only Sine'Gile and Logan are awake and they are perhaps an hour and a half into their watch. Those of you sleeping may make a DC 16 listen check to be awakened by the woman's scream. The party is encamped on a small dry island surrounded by swamp that is generally 3' deep water over thick mud making it difficult terrain. There are no light sources present other than moon light and a thickening fog is rolling in. There are two large humanoids pursuing the two woman, that can only be seen as dark shapes in the mist--50% concealment. If you are unhappy with the placement of your character on the island, speak now and I'll change it.

Attachments

• island.xls
    20 KB · Views: 107

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC]
I'm assuming we take the -10 to the checks for being asleep?
Listen (includes -10 for being asleep) (1d20+1=6)
If I'm wrong then Fin makes the check & I'll update accordingly, but placement is fine
[/sblock]

OOC: Hmm, good question. The 4e way would definitely be to take 10. But in this case you can either take 10 or if that isn't good enough, roll and hope for the best. The good news is that the DC will come down as combat heats up.

renau1g

First Post
OOC - I was referring to the -10 penalty to the check for being asleep (as per the SRD)

A sleeping character may make Listen checks at a -10 penalty. A successful check awakens the sleeper.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Ah, that makes sense too. If I understand 4e correctly, you automatically take 10 on passive perception checks.

Hmm, at -10 the DC is pretty steep. Should make things fun.

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

"We are in the forbidden depths of the fen. There is nothing but danger here. You saw shapes moving out there and now an unnatural fog surrounds us, perhaps..."

Sine'Gile's words are interrupted by a woman's scream. Two half naked women run onto the little island looking scared. Their clothes are torn and they are covered in mud from the swamp. They are moving toward Logan. A couple of large figures can be dimly seen pursuing them.

OOC: Only Sine'Gile and Logan are awake and they are perhaps an hour and a half into their watch. Those of you sleeping may make a DC 16 listen check to be awakened by the woman's scream. The party is encamped on a small dry island surrounded by swamp that is generally 3' deep water over thick mud making it difficult terrain. There are no light sources present other than moon light and a thickening fog is rolling in. There are two large humanoids pursuing the two woman, that can only be seen as dark shapes in the mist--50% concealment. If you are unhappy with the placement of your character on the island, speak now and I'll change it.

Logan shouts, "Awake, friends, and stand to! Looks like business is fixn' to pick up! Logan readies his weapon and menaces the woman with it, "Hold, wench! Come no closer! I've killed prettier women than you who come upon me unannounced in the dead of night!"

ooc: I can't see the map (not your fault), so I'll just trust you. THIS time. ;)
(Thanks for the secondary map, btw.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases