D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5 - Page 51




What's on your mind?

  1. #501
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,091
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

    The crazy wench was warned! If she keeps on running up to Logan, he strikes her with his morning star but only for non-lethal damage.

    to hit = 13
    non-lethal damage = 8
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1685267/

 

  • #502
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,341

    Ignore Graybeard
    Zorn will force himself to wake up and see what all the commotion is all about.

    He sits up, takes a quick look around and asks:

    What's going on? Are we being attacked or is something out in the swamp?

    Then he jumps to his feet and prepares for an answer.

  • #503
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,091
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

    "Not exactly sure, Zorn. This woman is approaching from the swamp, which makes me question who/what she is that she should be so far out in the swamp at such a time, and she is traveling with two big brutes of monsters that she claims to be fleeing. I think it's all some kind of a trap."

    OOC: Scotley, my issues are resolved now and I can view the regular maps again.
    Last edited by Leif; Sunday, 3rd August, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

  • #504
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    Posts
    19,907
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    is there an updated map perhaps?
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #505
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,975
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott DeWar View Post
    is there an updated map perhaps?
    OOC: Coming shortly. Anybody seen Wandering 8I lately?

  • #506
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,975
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Fin 24
    Zorn 19
    Harrison 12
    Sine'Gile 12
    Tsal'Eie 10
    Enemy 8
    --Woman 1 AC 24
    --Woman 2 AC 22
    --Ogre's AC 19
    --Swamp Formian AC 23
    Logan 2

    Fin continues to sleep.

    Zorn will force himself to wake up and see what all the commotion is all about. He sits up, takes a quick look around and asks: "What's going on? Are we being attacked or is something out in the swamp?" Then he jumps to his feet and prepares for an answer.


    "Not exactly sure, Zorn. This woman is approaching from the swamp, which makes me question who/what she is that she should be so far out in the swamp at such a time, and she is traveling with two big brutes of monsters that she claims to be fleeing. I think it's all some kind of a trap."


    *snorrrxxx* HUH? Harrison rolls to a standing position grabbing his shield and weapon in one smoothe practiced action. "what in the rotting pits of the hells is going on!?" He moves about looking at the comotion, his chain shirt glinting in the fog difused moon light.

    "Stay back woman, I do not know you!" Shouts Sine'Gale as he reaches for his weapons.

    Tsal'Eie continues to sleep.

    The women ignore the warnings and charge forward. The first reaches out to touch Logan and he feels a cold weakening sensation in his chest (DC18 Fort Save). The second, seeing their ruse has failed transforms into a impossibly tall ancient looking human crone with deep blue skin and filthy hair. She leaps onto Sine'Gale and grapples him down raking him with her filty claws. He squeels pitifully, "Tsal'Eie" as he stuggles unsuccessfully to stab the hag with his blade. The first woman, also lets go her disguise and Logan finds he is facing a very old woman with sickly green skin and matted dark hair that looks almost like a tangled vine.

    Harrison is hit by a huge glob of flying swamp muck (11 damage, DC: 12 balance check or fall prone) thrown by a huge Swamp Formian Giant that comes lumbering out of the darkness and into view. The pursuers turn out to be Ogre barbarians who swing their clubs, one narrowly missing Harrison and the other clipping Zorn (18 damage).

    Logan swings his morning star, but finds the old woman harder to hit than she appears.

    The rest of the party remains asleep...

    OOC: Actions for round 2? Please post current hit points and AC (touch and regular) in your next post please. Those of you still sleeping may roll DC 12 listen checks to awaken now--at -10 for sleeping, +10 for combat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  • #507
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,091
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

    Scotley, your post didn't mention Logan's non-lethal attack against the woman before she got close enough to touch him. Did I hit, or not? (maybe you didn't mention it because my init is so low that we haven't gotten to me yet?)

    Here's my DC 18 Fort Save: 15, failure http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1686235/

  • #508
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    Posts
    19,907
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Harrison will take a 5 foot move to h 10 and attack the ogre barbarian, hoping logan will handle the green hag.

    as he moves forward ... *splat* the swamp mud strikes him heavily, but does not knowck him down.

    balence check (1d20+2=17)

    HP 86/97

    he then takes a swing at the ogre

    power attack -4/+4 (1d20+12=25, 1d8+11=18)
    (base attack 13, no crit, still a probable hit)

    his well practiced sword arm gets a strike on the ogre, though no vital parts are struck.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #509
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Graybeard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Mass, USA
    Posts
    1,341

    Ignore Graybeard
    Zorn will take a 5' step back towards Fin (M11). Temporarily ignoring the pain, he conjures a line of deadly electricity and fires it at the nearby Ogre.

    AC: 13, Touch AC: 13
    Current HP: 30

    Lightning Bolt, 9d6 damage=31

    Lightning Bolt (9d6=31)

  • #510
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,975
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotley View Post
    Logan swings his morning star, but finds the old woman harder to hit than she appears.

    The rest of the party remains asleep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Scotley, your post didn't mention Logan's non-lethal attack against the woman before she got close enough to touch him. Did I hit, or not? (maybe you didn't mention it because my init is so low that we haven't gotten to me yet?)

    Here's my DC 18 Fort Save: 15, failure http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1686235/
    OOC: It was a pretty brief entry toward the end of my post as befits your init. As you can see from the AC's listed with initiative at the top of the post, you're going to have to roll a lot better to hit these ole biddies.

    Logan feels the hag steal some of his strength away. (Str. damage (2d4=7))

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Forked Thread: Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5 Continued
      By Scotley in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1480
      Last Post: Friday, 4th February, 2011, 01:20 PM
    2. OOC Thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5
      By Scotley in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 509
      Last Post: Monday, 24th January, 2011, 06:55 AM
    3. Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5 is full again.
      By Scotley in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Monday, 27th October, 2008, 03:45 AM
    4. RG Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5
      By Scotley in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Friday, 24th October, 2008, 06:45 AM
    5. [Story Hour] Return to the Tomb of Horrors update: research, arena, and Tomb
      By James McMurray in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Tuesday, 21st May, 2002, 03:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •