Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
Thoughts on the future of the game

OOC: Wandering_8i hasn't been on the boards since mid-July. I'm going to run the Jason for the rest of this fight and then we need to discuss the future of the game. Lucien has not taken part for even longer. I fear the party has dropped in strength the point where the Tomb will be very challenging. I welcome your opinions in the OOC thread on continuing with what we have, recruiting entirely new characters--I could find an excuse to drop some new blood into the party shortly, recruiting replacement players for existing characters, taking our toys and going home, or something else I haven't thought of. I'm working on the next IC post now.

Scotley

Hero
Fin 24
Zorn 19
Garagos 16
Harrison 12
Sine'Gile 12
Tsal'Eie 10
Jason 9
Enemy 8
--Woman 1 AC 24
--Woman 2 AC 22
--Ogre's AC 19
--Swamp Formian AC 23
--Woman 3
Logan 2

Logan, devastated by the horror of the creature's hideous touch, is a bit weak in the knees. Nevertheless, he connects solidly against the hag with his morning star, if perhaps not dealing as much damage as usual.

With Logan drawing the woman's attention, and keeping an eye on the foes surrounding him, Fin launches into a flurry of viscious stabs at the hag's exposed back, but his strikes are errant again.

Realizing that being surrounded on all sides by enemies is not the place he wants to be, Fin will tumble past the reach of the woman and the ogre barbarian, placing his allies between himself and his foes.

Zorn walks back 20 ft. and casts a spell. With a flourish of motion and mutterings in Draconic, he transforms into a very young Bronze Dragon. This causes a ripple of excitement among the foes.

"Damn, I'm a tunnel fighter, I hate open ground and stupid ogres. Take this, ugly one!" Garagos shouts as he moves into the fray.

Harrison's shield arm is is out of place as the first strikle from the ogre hits him in the sholder leaving a burning numbness in that arm, however that does not stop him from defending himself from the second strike. He analyzes the movements of the large creature and tries to get in a couple of strategic stabs in the thick hide...

Tsal'Eie strides forward and trades blows with the Ogre attacking from the rear. It looks as if she gave worse than she got. She lets our a wordless cry of disgust as she catches sight of the hideous hag with the Ogre.

Jason rouses himself and goes to the aid of his sparing partner also landing a blow on the Ogre.

[sblock=Jason, Zorn, Tsal'Eie & Lucien]The latest hag is so horribly ugly the mere sight of her makes you feel weak. DC14 Fort save.[/sblock]

The hedious looking hag fixes Lucien with her gaze and the warrior seems transfixed for an instant (DC13 will save or be dazed).

Sine'Gile continues his struggle with the hag.

The hag reaches for Logan again and her claws rent his garment, but fail to harm him this time.

The Ogre Barbarian and the Giant both rain blows on Harrison, but somehow he avoids all but one of their attacks (17 damage).

OOC: Actions for the next round?

OOC: Let me know if I put Fin in the wrong place on the map.

Attachments

• islandr3.xls
    26 KB · Views: 113

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11, current Str=7

OOC: Ok, 1d8-1 is better than I feared.

"By Pelor's Paunch I feel terrible!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison is trying to stand his own against the larger foes, but a grunt from him signals that on of the hits made contact, but not with out him returning in kind:

powwer attacks -2/+2 (1d20+14=34, 1d20+9=13)

His first attack hits vitals on the barbarian...

Power Critical feat +4 (1d20+18=35)

His expert sword arm hits where it needed! though it must be a bit stuck in the body as the momentum of his second attack seems to have missed...

damage and critical damage (1d8+9=10, 1d8+9=16)

]ooc[darn, only 26 points of damage. the first d8 roll was a 1 ]/ooc[

renau1g

First Post
Now back at a safe distance, Fin takes a moment then rushes back into the fray, sommersaulting and tumbling to end up next to Harrison, assisting him battle the ogre. The dwarven rogue takes a stab at the foe with his rapier, its tiny blade looking quite ineffective against the ogre.

[sblock=OOC]
HP: 79/79
AC: 22 (26 against Giants...take that ogres)
F/R/W: +7/+10/+2

Move: Tumble next to Harrison (on his left) cell G10Tumble (1d20+16=26)
Standard: Attack Attack; Damage (1d20+9=16, 1d6+3=8) *Sigh*
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Fin 24
Zorn 19
Garagos 16
Harrison 12
Sine'Gile 12
Tsal'Eie 10
Jason 9
Enemy 8
--Woman 1 AC 24
--Woman 2 AC 22
--Ogre's AC 19
--Swamp Formian AC 23
--Woman 3
Logan 2

Logan continues his attacks against the hag. As he hits but inflicts only a little harm on the crone he says, "By Pelor's Paunch I feel terrible!"

Now back at a safe distance, Fin takes a moment then rushes back into the fray, somersaulting and tumbling to end up next to Harrison, assisting him battle the ogre. The dwarven rogue takes a stab at the foe with his rapier, its tiny blade looking quite ineffective against the ogre.

Zorn sees how ugly the hag is but manages to shrug off the effects of her visage. He rockets up into the air above the battle and readies a spell. Lightining arcs down over Tsal'Eie to strike both the ogre and the hag.

"Damn, stand still, you stupid ogre"
Garagos shouts as he moves a little bit more to the hags, still hacking the ogre. His attacks prove effective an the big brute goes down.

Harrison is trying to stand his own against the larger foes, but a grunt from him signals that on of the hits made contact, but not with out him returning in kind. His first attack hits vitals on the barbarian. His expert sword arm hits where it needed! The weapon hung a bit in the body as the momentum of his second attack seems to have failed to clear the armor of the brute.

Sine'Gile continues to inflict minor wounds on his foe, but he looks near death.

Tsal'Eie's mace drops the ogre Zorn just roasted.

Jason attacks the Hag attacking from the rear.

The hag continues to strike out at Logan with her claws (1d20+14=21, 1d20+14=17), but can't seem to get past his defenses.

The remaining ogre lays about with his club (1d20+17=25, 1d20+12=14), but Fin's dwarven training in giant fighting allows him to avoid the attacks.

The swamp formian continues his assault on Harrison with the gargantuan flail (1d20+22=41, 1d20+17=20, 1d20+12=20) striking once (damage (2d8+18=22)).

The final hag continues to battle Jason, while Lucien seems to have suffered from the woman's terrible gaze.

OOC: Actions for next round?

Attachments

• Copy of islandr4.xls
    20 KB · Views: 72

Remove ads