Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

renau1g

First Post
It's difficult to make out the exact features of the heavily cloaked figure who sneaks into the bar using the bluster of the armoured dwarf to cover his entrance. When someone manages to notice him, they see an averaged height dwarf with very pale skin. He wears a long grey beard and his grey eyes twinkle as he scans the crowd, his arms unseen under his dark black garb. When it shifts slightly the glint of a polished rapier hangs from his waist and a dull coloured chain shirt protects him. A bow made of the darkest wood hangs across his back, the bow is inlaid with various dwarven runes, if one reads dwarven it reads Samman my only friend.

Fin stays at the back of the room keeping an eye on these ecclectic group of individuals naming themselves as associates of Ambrose. "This event keeps getting more interesting by the day. Ambrose, old friend, you never cease to entertain me." Fin thinks to himself as he strokes his beard and waits for the others to leave to go speak to the barkeep and identify himself.

Mista Collins

First Post
wandering_8i said:
To Logan: Jason, nice to meet you. Would you care to join me for a stroll around the perimeter?

Removing the gauntlet from his hand, Logan stands and offers it to Jason. "Pleasure to meet you." With a firm hand shake, the Cleric of Pelor gives the man a broad smile that does nothing to detract from the bulbous nose on his face.

Logan stands slightly taller than the Paladin and wears a suit of full-plate armor that has many dents and dings in it, but is polished to a brilliant shine. Strapped to his back is a pack and a large wooden shield that has the symbol of their god painted on it in such a manner as to make it look gilded with gold. The color of his clothing is that of white, pale yellows, and pale oranges. It seems the man has taken his faith in Pelor and painted it for all to see.

"A stroll does sound nice. I'd like to hear what brings you to Saltmarsh. If I am correct, you arrived on the same boat as I."

Scotley

Hero
The Lizard's Boat

[sblock=Robert M]Robert is pretty sure he heard Ambrose' name mentioned by the Innkeep as he entered. Information largely made irrelevant by subsequent posts I'm afraid.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The woman behind the bar tells Zorn and anyone else that asks that she does have enough rooms for all of you. "Will you be dining alone?" she asks him looking expectantly.

To Garagos she asks, "I have several ales on tap, the Blue Frog is a local favorite." She taps a keg on a stand behind the bar painted with a Blue Frog with her good hand.

Scotley

Hero
The Lizard's Boat

The elven woman, who says, "I am Kailee Restinan. Ambrose was my guest for some time before he fell ill. I became very fond of him. That is why I agreed to have the Will read here, in the private drawing room. It seems many of you are here for that. Welcome to The Lizard's Boat." She turns and takes a small pouch from a peg on the board where the keys are kept. She pulls a few platinum pieces from it, then smiles. "Ambrose instructed me to inform you that the drinks are on him while you are here." With a wink for Garagos she adds, "though I don't think he was a monk."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: [sblock=All]Feel free to continue the meet and greet a little longer. I fear I will be rather busy tomorrow and it may well be Saturday before I can move things along. You've created an interesting and diverse set of personalities. I am extremely pleased with your role-play so far. Add 500 experience points to your character sheets and keep up the good work.[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Turning his attention to the attractive elven woman behind the bar, Zorn replies,
Miss Restinan, would you do me the honor of dining with me this evening? Unless you have other plans already, that is.

wandering_8i

First Post
Stepping out of the Cathedral.

I did indeed just arrive by boat. A former traveling companion recently passed, and my presence was requested at the reading of his will. Though now that I am here I find my self growing with a suspicion that their is more to my being called here then my personal matter.
Jason stares into the distance for a moment.
What brings you here?

While Jason speaks he will also be eying the Cathedral and its surrounding land in regards to its military preparedness and its current state of degradation.

[SBLOCK]Jason will also be looking for the a young member of the clergy. If he spots someone in their early 20s he will attempt to engage them in conversation, particularly about the going ons of the church and the town recently.

Jason is currently concerned over what could require the presence of two warriors of Pelor, how the church has reached the state it has, and why the priestess has not shared what ever is weighing on her with them.[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
"Whether you being here is for personal matters or not, Pelor has a plan for us all. Evil is at every corner and so must the Shining One's followers." Logan says as he watches Jason eye the Catherdal and grounds. The Champions of Pelor always did have a better eye for tactical situations than himself. That is why his studies were always focused on the word of Pelor rather than the might.

"I am also here for the reading of a will, but my reasons are not personal. My longtime mentor and dear friend, Korsas Mornington, was told to come. He had matters to handle that could not be put off, so he sent me as his representative." Pausing for a moment, Logan waits before continuing. "I believe it is something more than just reading of a will that has brought us together. I am curious on who else Pelor has us set to meet."

wandering_8i

First Post
Indeed that is my suspicion.

Jason looks pensive.
Two warriors of Pelor meet in a city at war, one drawn their purely by circumstance, and both for the reading of a will. The Cathedral shows signs of disrepair and the high priestess is under a burdon of some sort...

Jason shakes his head and sighs.
I was never much for such matters, tell me my friend, what is your training telling you of this situation?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases