Redclaw

First Post
An Ominous Beginning!
The ancient menhir, carved with spiraling runes and raised
by unknown hands, stands half-buried atop the high, grassy
moor. Below you sits the town of Cillamar, surrounded by
outlying farmsteads. Against the backdrop of towering snowcapped
peaks and thick coniferous forests, dark and foreboding,
your home seems isolated and precarious.

A shout from your companions breaks your reverie. They’ve
discovered something unusual about the standing stone!
The runes sparkle and glow, then a section of the standing
stone slides aside, stone grating on stone, revealing a small
staircase descending into the hillside.

Tired of games I’m in stagnating or even disappearing due to player and DM fade, I’m starting a short, straightforward dungeon crawl. I want to see the end of an adventure for once. It’s a relatively brief mod, but if all goes well we can keep delving into more dungeons. This is not a game that will feature social skills or moral dilemmas. It’s just a delve into a deep dungeon with some nasty critters waiting for you.

I only ask that you post regularly (I would like to have one post per player per day, but understand that life happens once in a while). If someone is out of touch for more than a few days, I reserve the right to have something horrible happen to his PC, and bring in someone else. My goal is to get through the adventure, and have some fun in the process.

I’m looking for a party of 4 or 5 characters. As 3E is coming to a close, and I know many of you out there have races or classes you’re dying to try out before it’s too late, I’ll open things up to all general WOTC sourcebooks (no Eberron, Forgotten Realms, etc.). I will give fair warning, however, that I’m prejudiced against warlocks and spiked-chains.

Character Creation Guidelines
Level 2
Stats 30 point buy
Money[.b] 900 gp
Hit Points Max at 1st, ¾ thereafter
Races Any non setting specific WOTC (includes monster races)
ClassesAny non setting specific WOTC (includes ToB, etc.)
Background A brief but interesting background will aid your cause.

The Party

Talon, Orc Druid representing Hero4Hire
Grungner, Goliath Bear totem barbarian representing Bedford
Tulbar, Deep Halfling Warmage representing Walking_Dad
Weasel, Ghostwise Halfling Soulknife representing Warshrike
Elwyn Bluefoot, cleric representing Covaithe
Freya Stonesinger, Gnome Bard representing The_Myth

IC Thread
RG

Last edited:

Torillan

First Post
I'm game. Sounds like a nice distraction!

I'd love to claim the Fighter spot, most likely a human.

I can try to post a character in the next day or two.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
looks good, and a dm of a pbp game just had to cancel, so i wish a try at ths. i am in nashville right now so away from my books, but will be home tonight for a bit more info tomorow

sd

Redclaw

First Post
WarShrike said:
I want in. I've been dying to try out a Soulknife for some time.

Which sourcebook is the soulknife in? I'm afraid it's one I don't have access to.

Never mind, I found it on the SRD.

Last edited:

the_myth

First Post
I'm interested.

I'll have to see if there's anything odd I'd like to try, but I usally play something Elfin and Arcane.

With your leave, I'll poke around the core books and see what strikes me...

Necro_Kinder

First Post
I'd like a dungeon crawl. Not sure what character yet, though probably either a rogue or a Ranger. Would it be possible to use the trapfinding ranger from Dungeonscape? That kind of combines the two.

the_myth

First Post
the_myth said:
I'm interested.

I'll have to see if there's anything odd I'd like to try, but I usally play something Elfin and Arcane.

With your leave, I'll poke around the core books and see what strikes me...

Ok, I am leaning towards a Gnome Bard...

Also, I have a passing familiarity with this module, so should I write an appropriate background as suggested in the intro?

Redclaw

First Post
Torillan There's always room for a meat shield, especially in a good dungeon crawl. Give me some details and a fun background.

Scott DeWar You've got time. I probably won't be deciding on a group until next weekend.

WarShrike A soulknife is fine. Work up some details, including background.

the_myth Consider my leave given. Good hunting. Let me know what you come up with. Gnome bard works. Have you played this mod before? I'm less worried about the background being connected to the adventure than I am with it being interesting and entertaining.

Necro_Kinder I'm not familiar with that variant. Give me the details and I'll look it over.

Last edited:

the_myth

First Post
Redclaw said:
[

the_myth Consider my leave given. Good hunting. Let me know what you come up with. Gnome bard works. Have you played this mod before? I'm less worried about the background being connected to the adventure than I am with it being interesting and entertaining.

Never played, but read the intro. So I know the set up a bit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases