Redclaw's The Sinister Secret of Whiterock OOC

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
On behalf of Vod Vosa:

don't forget he needs until monday to get a character ready as he is defending his theisis or something like that.

and vv, your are welcome in advance

:lol:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Just chiming in on warlocks (I'm DMing two games Redclaw is playing in and both have a warlock in the party), I get the same feeling. They also strike me as a bit boring in the sense that about 95% of their actions are eldritch blast and that's it.

pathfinderq1

First Post
And as someone who is playing two of those warlocks in games he is in, I'll agree with that assessment. I'm just enjoying them as a bit of a new toy- the two I'm playing are the first two warlocks I've played, and while I'm enjoying them I can see how they might get old really quickly.

Redclaw

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
On behalf of Vod Vosa:

don't forget he needs until monday to get a character ready as he is defending his theisis or something like that.

and vv, your are welcome in advance

:lol:
You're thinking of the other thread that's currently recruiting for a similar adventure. VV hasn't submitted a character for this one.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Tulbar the Warmage]Name: Tulbar
Race: Deep Halfling
Class: Warmage 2
Diety: Yondalla
Align: N-G
HPs: 14
XPs: ?

Str: 10 (4 pts, -2 Racial)
Dex: 16 (6 pts, +2 Racial)
Con: 14 (6 pts)
Int: 14 (6 pts)
Wis: 10 (2 pts)
Cha: 14 (6 pts)

BAB: +1
AC: 19, Touch: 14, Flat Footed: 16
Fort: +3
Refl: +4
Will: +4 (+6 vs fear)
Move: 20' (15')
Init: +3
Listen/Spot: +2 / +0
Loads: Light: 0-25 / Medium 26 - 50 / Heavy 50 - 75
[SBLOCK=Deep Halfling Traits]
- Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class,
a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks,
but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits
are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Stonecunning: Like dwarves, deep halflings have a +2 racial bonus on checks to notice unusual stonework. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A deep halfling who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a check as though actively searching and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A deep halfling can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear:
This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
[/SBLOCK]

Weapons:
Dagger (x2) -- +1 To Hit, 1d3 Damage (19-20 x2)
Sling -- +5 To Hit, 1d3 Damage ( x2)

Skills:
Concentration: +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Con Mod)
Hide: +7 (0 Ranks, +3 Dex Mod, +4 size)
Knowledge (Arcane): +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Int Mod)
Knowledge (History): +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Int Mod)
Move Silently: +3 (0 Ranks, +3 Dex Mod)
Spellcraft: +9 (5 Ranks, +2 Int Mod, +2 synergy)

Languages:
Common, Halfling, Dwarven, Draconic, Elf

Class Features:
Armored Mage (light) – Cast Impromptu Charisma-based Arcane Spells from the Warmage Spell List (see page 196). There is no chance of Arcane Spell Failure when wearing no more than Light Armor and/or a Light Shield.
Warmage Edge – Add your Intelligence modifier to the damage done by any spell that does hit-point damage. For Area of effect spells, such as Fireball, all foes receive the bonus damage. For targeted spells, such as Ray of Fire and Magic Missile, only one target takes the extra damage.

Feats:
Class Granted
Weapon Proficiency -- simple
Armor Proficiency -- light
Shield Proficiency -- light
Chosen
Point Blank Shot
[sblock=Equipment]
Dagger 2x) 15gp 2lbs
Sling 0gp lbs
Sling Bullets (x20) 2sp 1 lbs

MW Chainshirt 400gp 12.5 lbs
light wooden shield 3gp 2.5 lbs

Backpack 2gp 0.5lbs
Bedroll 1sp 1.25lbs
Scroll Case 1gp 0.5lbs
Flint and Steel 1gp
Pouch, Belt 1gp 0.5lbs (medium sized)
Rations x1 5sp 0.25lbs
Soap 1gp 2lbs
Spell Components Pouch 5 gp 2lbs
Traveller's Outfit 1gp (1.25 lbs)
Waterskin 1gp 1lbs
Whetstone 2cp 1lbs
Sunrod (x2) 4gp 2lbs
Torch 2cp 2lbs.
Healing potion (x4) 200gp

250gp for covaithe's wand

Total Cost: 890gp, 8sp, 4cp
Left Over: 9gp, 1sp, 6cp

Total Weight: 33.25 lbs -> medium load[/sblock]
Height: 2'11"
Weight: 30lb
Eyes: green
Hair: brown
Skin: light tan

Tulbar's background:

Tulbar was born to a small and peaceful deep halfling community. He showed arcane talent and was ready to begin his bard apprenticeship. But evil struck the little village. An orc warlord, named Kurgar, destroyed it on his way to a highelf city. Tulbar was one of the few survivors. The elfs , after defeating the murdering horde, gave the remaining Halfling refuge. Here started Tulbar his warmage training.

Spells:
0- 6/day (DC 12)
1- 5/day (DC 13)
[sblock=Warmage Spells]
attachment.php
[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
sorry I have been quiet.

I had a bit of a medical emergency when I blacked out at home on friday.

Evidently my BP was so high they were worried I was going to stroke out. :(

Well long story short I am home now and on BP meds.

Redclaw

First Post
Yikes Hero. That sounds incredibly scary. I'm glad everything's okay, although that sounds completely inane in commenting on such a serious situation.

Redclaw

First Post
Well, based on backgrounds and other signs of involvement, I have set a party roster. I decided to go to 6 members, as it seemed to work. My thanks and apologies to the other applicants. Maybe I'll see you again when I run a 4E game. :D

Without further ado, the Whiterock Crew is:

Talon, half-orc druid played by Hero4Hire
Rungnar, goliath bear totem barbarian played by Bedford
Elwyn Bluefoot, human cleric played by Covaithe
Tulbar, deep halfling warmage played by Walking_Dad
Freya Stonesinger, gnome bard played by The_Myth
Weasel, whisper gnome soulknife played by WarShrike

I’ve been looking character sheets over, and here are a few thoughts:

[sblock=Hero4Hire] Could you clear up your skills section? I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how many ranks you put in each.
Knowledge skills are trained only, so unless you take a rank in Know (nature) he can’t use it.
You left your +4 nat armor bonus from shifting out of your altered stat blocks.[/sblock]

[sblock=The_Myth] AC should be 19, thanks to the buckler, although you’ll lose that when using your crossbow.
You should round down on hit points, so you’re only at 10 (6+4).
Can you clean up those skills a bit? You seem to be counting synergy bonuses, but I don’t see any indication that you have 5 ranks in any of the skills.
Your explorer’s outfit doesn’t count against your weight limit.
If I do my math right, however, you’re still at a medium load. Total it up to double-check.[/sblock]

[sblock=Warshrike] You should round down on hit points, so you’re at 21 (10+2 + 7+2). [/sblock]

[sblock=Bedford] I have your ability scores at a 32 point buy (10 for str, 6 for dex, 16 for con).
With only one level of barbarian, you’ve only got 17 hit points.
Please spell out your skill bonuses. Which ones did you take ranks in, etc.
Your greathammer should be 60 lbs, since it’s large size.
You need the rest of your equipment. [/sblock]

[sblock=Covaithe] Can you add a quick reference save DC with your spells (13/14)? I don’t really need it, but it’s nice to have.
It’s not a crunch issue, but rather a party dynamic one. Any chance you’re up for switching to neutral good? I foresee issues with the lawful good paladin and chaotic neutral soulknife. :eek: [/sblock]

[sblock=Walking_Dad] Race should be Deep Halfling.
I find it interesting that those elves would teach him to be intimidating but not spellcraft.
I’ll need a copy of the warmage spelllist.[/sblock]

Once some changes are made, I'll post an RG thread, and then we're off to the races.

Walking Dad

First Post
Redclaw said:

[sblock=Walking_Dad] Race should be Deep Halfling.
I find it interesting that those elves would teach him to be intimidating but not spellcraft.
I’ll need a copy of the warmage spelllist.[/sblock]

Once some changes are made, I'll post an RG thread, and then we're off to the races.

Ups, forgot spellcraft. I will change that.

Spell list is attached.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases