Redclaw's The Sinister Secret of Whiterock OOC

hero4hire

Explorer
I have been looking to play again here but need a fresh start and a new game to do so!

So I would like to throw my hat into the ring. How about a Half-Orc Druid that uses the Shapeshifting variant from PHBII?

Redclaw

First Post
the_myth Knowing the setup can't hurt, but don't worry too much about fitting your gnome to the setting. This is really just going to be a get-yer-hands-dirty dungeon crawl.

Scott DeWar Yep. It's a Goodman Games "Dungeon Crawl Classic", with a few tweaks and adjustments to fit my tastes.

hero4hire Hi Hero. Glad to have you among the prospectives! The shapeshifting druid variant is fine. Give me some details and a bit of background to help me see the character.

covaithe It's hard to go wrong with a healer and undead-killer. We'll use the Core pantheon for ease and familiarity's sake.

hero4hire

Explorer
Redclaw said:
hero4hire Hi Hero. Glad to have you among the prospectives! The shapeshifting druid variant is fine. Give me some details and a bit of background to help me see the character.

I am at the tail-end of a long workday but in a nutshell.

The Background will be fairly simple.

"Talon- last son of the Wolf Clan; a nomadic orc-barbarian tribe who were wiped out by {insert applicable plot device here}.
Orphaned, Talon was taken in by Aladrae; a half-elven druid with a soft spot for strays and taught the ways of nature."

If you need a more detailed background I can definitely provide one later.

I can also whip up a sheet tonight. He will probably be focused on strength/melee as opposed to summoning/support. I toyed with making him a Barbarian/Druid.

edit: Had just enough time for the barest bones of a sheet using a java program. But I can go full druid if that is better for the game.

Talon
Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 / Druid 1
True Neutral
Representing H4H

Strength 18 (+4)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 6 (-2)
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 380 lb
Skin: Brown
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Dark Brown; Straight; Thick Beard / Hirsute

Total Hit Points: 22

Speed: 40 feet [barbarian]

Armor Class: 15 = 10 +2 [leather] +2 [heavy wooden] +1 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 11
Flat-footed: 14
Initiative modifier: +1 = +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +6 = 4 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +5 = 1 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +5 = 1 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (missile): +2 = 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +5 = 1 [base] +4 [strength]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
100 lb. or less
101-200 lb.
201-300 lb.
300 lb.
600 lb.
1500 lb.

Languages: Common Druidic Orc

Club [1d6, crit x2, range incr. 10 ft., 3 lb, one-handed, bludgeoning]

Short Spear [1d6, crit x2, range inc 20 ft., 3 lb, one-handed, piercing]

Scimitar [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Leather armor [light; +2 AC; max dex +6; check penalty 0; 15 lb.]

Heavy Wooden Shield [+2 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 5; hp 15; 10 lb.]

Feats:

Extra Rage [hand-edit as needed]

Traits:

Skills
Appraise Int 0 = +0
Balance Dex* 1 = +1
Bluff Cha -2 = -2
Climb Str* 4 = +4
Concentration Con 5 = +2 +3
Craft_1 Int 0 = +0
Diplomacy Cha -2 = -2
Disguise Cha -2 = -2
Escape Artist Dex* 1 = +1
Forgery Int 0 = +0
Gather Information Cha -2 = -2
Heal Wis 2 = +2
Hide Dex* 1 = +1
Intimidate Cha -2 = -2
Jump Str* 12 = +4 +4 +4 [speed 40]
Knowledge (nature) Int 4 = +0 +2 [druid] +2 [survival]
Listen Wis 6 = +2 +4
Move Silently Dex* 1 = +1
Perform Cha -2 = -2
Ride Dex 1 = +1
Search Int 0 = +0
Sense Motive Wis 2 = +2
Spot Wis 6 = +2 +4
Survival Wis 9 = +2 +5 +2 [druid]
Swim Str** 4 = +4
Use Rope Dex 1 = +1

Last edited:

bedford

First Post
i would like to play a barabarian of the bear totem from unearthed arcana. and race would be either neanderthal, goliath or half ogre.

Redclaw

First Post
hero4hire I don't see any problem with a melee oriented druid. The barbarian levels work well. As far as the background goes, I don't need a lot more detail, but I'd like a bit more of an idea about Talon's reactions to his orphaning, and his connection to Aladrae.

nick012000 A wizard clearly works, and those two feats are acceptable.

bedford The Bear totem variant is fine, as are the goliath and neanderthal. The half-ogre, being LA+2, probably isn't as good a fit for this game.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Work in progress. I am building off of my javascript format. If there is a specific sheet format you need let me know I would be happy to change it up.

I think I only have to do equipment and detail the background as requested. :)

Talon
Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1 / Druid 1
True Neutral
Representing H4H

Strength 18 (+4)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 6 (-2)
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 380 lb
Skin: Brown
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Dark Brown; Straight; Thick Beard / Hirsute

Total Hit Points: 22

Speed: 40 feet [barbarian]

Armor Class: 15 = 10 +2 [leather] +2 [heavy wooden] +1 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 11
Flat-footed: 14
Initiative modifier: +1 = +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +6 = 4 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +5 = 1 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +5 = 1 [base] +4 [strength]
Attack (missile): +2 = 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +5 = 1 [base] +4 [strength]

Light load: 100 lb. or less
Medium load: 101-200 lb.
Heavy load: 201-300 lb.
Lift over head: 300 lb.
Lift off ground: 600 lb.
Push or drag: 1500 lb.
Languages: Common Druidic Orc

Club [1d6, crit x2, range incr. 10 ft., 3 lb, one-handed, bludgeoning]

Short Spear [1d6, crit x2, range inc 20 ft., 3 lb, one-handed, piercing]

Scimitar [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Leather armor [light; +2 AC; max dex +6; check penalty 0; 15 lb.]

Heavy Wooden Shield [+2 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 5; hp 15; 10 lb.]

Feats:

Extra Rage
Type: General
Sources: Complete Warrior
Masters of the Wild
You may rage more frequently than normal.
Prerequisite: Rage or frenzy ability.
Benefit: You rage or frenzy two more times per day than you otherwise could.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Traits:
Darkvision: Half-orcs (and orcs) can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and half-orcs can function just fine with no light at all.
Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.

Fast Movement (Ex)
A barbarian’s land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian’s speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Rage (Ex)
A barbarian can fly into a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a barbarian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the barbarian’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A barbarian may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the barbarian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 17th-level barbarian, at which point this limitation no longer applies).
A barbarian can fly into a rage only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use his rage ability once per day. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of six times per day at 20th level). Entering a rage takes no time itself, but a barbarian can do it only during his action, not in response to someone else’s action.

Shapeshift (Ex)
As a Swift Action, you may change into a creature whose abilities are determined by your level any number of times per day for any duration. Note
that shapeshifting does not cause you to heal. You do not need to return to your normal form before changing to a different shape. At first level, you can take
a Predator Form, which look like a Wolf, Jaguar, or any other terrain or culturally appropriate creature. No mater what it looks like, its ability scores are the
same for all Shapeshifting Druids. You cannot speak or cast spell while Shapeshifting (Feat: Natural Spell does not work with Shapeshifting). All your
possessions meld into your new form and become non-functional until you return to your normal form. Unless noted otherwise, you remain the same size.
Any Natural Weapons that your form has receive an Enhancement bonus on attack & damage equal to ¼th your Druid level & at 4th level are treated as
‘magic’ for purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction. If you become Unconscious or are killed, you revert to your normal form.
In effect, this is a simplified Wild Shape.
Predator Form – typically a Wolf, Panther, etc.
a) +4 Enhancement bonus to Strength;
b) +4 improvement to your Natural Armor;
c) base Land speed becomes 50’;
d) gain a Bite attack that does 1d6 if you are Medium;
e) at 5th level, you gain Feat: Mobility when in this form.

Nature Sense (Ex):
A druid gains a +2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.

Wild Empathy (Ex):
A druid can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. The druid rolls 1d20 and adds her druid level and her Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.
To use wild empathy, the druid and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
A druid can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but she takes a –4 penalty on the check.
Spontaneous Casting: A druid can channel stored spell energy into summoning spells that she hasn’t prepared ahead of time. She can “lose” a prepared spell in order to cast any summon nature’s ally spell of the same level or lower. Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells: A druid can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to her own or her deity’s (if she has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaos, evil, good, and law descriptors in their spell descriptions.

Druid Spells per Day
0) 3 [Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Detect Poison]
1) 2 [Magic Fang, Produce Flame]

Skills
Appraise Int 0 = +0
Balance Dex* 1 = +1
Bluff Cha -2 = -2
Climb Str* 5 = +4 +1
Concentration Con 2 = +2
Craft Int 0 = +0
Diplomacy Cha -2 = -2
Disguise Cha -2 = -2
Escape Artist Dex* 1 = +1
Forgery Int 0 = +0
Gather Information Cha -2 = -2
Heal Wis 2 = +2
Hide Dex* 1 = +1
Intimidate Cha -2 = -2
Jump Str* 12 = +4 +4 +4 [speed 40]
Knowledge (nature) Int 4 = +0 +2 [druid] +2 [survival]
Listen Wis 6 = +2 +4
Move Silently Dex* 1 = +1
Perform Cha -2 = -2
Ride Dex 1 = +1
Search Int 0 = +0
Sense Motive Wis 2 = +2
Spot Wis 6 = +2 +4
Survival Wis 9 = +2 +5 +2 [druid]
Swim Str** 4 = +4
Use Rope Dex 1 = +1

Rage Stats [Str 22, Con 22, AC 13, HP 26, Will +6, Melee Atk +7, Dmg 1d6+6, Climb +7, Jump +14]
Predator Stats [Str 22, Move 60, Melee Atk +7, Dmg 1d6+6, Climb +7, Jump +22]
Predator/Rage [Str 26, Con 22, AC 13, HP 26, Will +6, Move 60, Melee Atk +9, Dmg 1d6+8, Climb +9, Jump +24]

Equipment:
Wand of Lesser Vigor (750gp)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases