OOC Thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5

Scotley

Hero
In character thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Rogue's Gallery Thread RG

Old Recruiting Thread Original Gaging Interest

Now that the game has started here is a place for out of character discussion.

Character creation rules and players/characters in the game.

Setting will be the world of Greyhawk. Races and Classes from the Players Handbook only. The one exception that proves the rule is a mount-less paladin variant from PH2. Up to 6 8 9th level characters. 33 point buy or if you'd like you may roll 3d6 6 times on invisible castle in a way that lets me know you only rolled once. If you don't like your rolls you can default back to the 33 point buy. 36,000 gp worth of gear. No price limit on items. You could spend the whole 36,000 on one item, though I suspect this would be unwise. You may select spells from PH, PH2 and Spell compendium. You may select gear from PH1 and 2, Magic Item compendium, DMG, and the various races and complete books as well as Dungeonscape. I'd prefer that most of your feats come from PH1 or 2, but I'll allow them from other non-campaign specific books within reason. No book of Exalted Deeds. You need not generate an elaborate background unless you just enjoy that sort of thing. I would like you to include some idea of the character's personality and physical description. Feel free to combine back stories if you wish. Everyone should be a past associate of a human named Ambrose Wythwindle. An Indiana Jones like scholar/adventurer now very very advanced in years.

Everyone starts with 36,000+d100 experience points, roll on invisible castle. You get max. hit points at first level and then roll on invisible castle d4 can reroll ones, d6 can reroll 1's and 2's, d8 and reroll 1's, 2's and 3's, d10 can reroll 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's, finally d12's can reroll 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's as needed or just set the minRoll appropriately on www.invisiblecastle.com.

Extra bonus feats: None

Accepted Players/Characters in no particular order:

J. Alexander--Robert MacArdy, Human Druid
Walking Dad--Garagos Stoneshield Dwarven Fighter (already working on Human Cleric of Trithereon backup)
renau1g--Fin Darkstalker Dwarven Rogue
OnlytheStrong--Tagret Artalen Human Monk
Greybeard--Zorn Human Sorcerer
wandering 8i--Jason Fishmonger Human Paladin
Scott DeWar--Harrison Jakes Human Fighter
Mista Collins--Logan Lightbringer Human Cleric of Pelor

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
sorry scottly, i was at the airport at 6 ish and in the air at 725 ish and just now got home about 30 minutes ago...i was visiting my brother and his family at the time and had a temp loll in festivities.

made it safelly home though!

hey, are you in jonesboro with Leif? i think i remember you two being in the same table top game, right?

J. Alexander

First Post
Posting

Guys
They moved grandmother to hospice this am so posting is going to be sporadic at best for me...move the action along and I will try to keep up as best i can....

Scotley

Hero
Scott DeWar said:
sorry scottly, i was at the airport at 6 ish and in the air at 725 ish and just now got home about 30 minutes ago...i was visiting my brother and his family at the time and had a temp loll in festivities.

made it safelly home though!

hey, are you in jonesboro with Leif? i think i remember you two being in the same table top game, right?

Glad you got a chance to join in. I was thinking you'd be delayed. Also glad you made it home without incident. Actually, I'm a little over an hour south in Memphis. I grew up in Jonesboro and get back there on occation as my family and many friends are still there. Unfortunately, we can only get together on rare occations for table top games these days. Once in a while I manage to talk them into coming down for a game too. Family and career take a heavy toll on game time. ENWorld has really been great for letting us game together. There are about a half dozen of us from the old Jonesboro gang online these days in various games together.

Scotley

Hero
J. Alexander said:
Guys
They moved grandmother to hospice this am so posting is going to be sporadic at best for me...move the action along and I will try to keep up as best i can....

I knew you were unusually quiet the last few days and feared the news was not good. I'm sorry to hear she's taken a turn for the worst.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i feel so very duh-ish lately:

Scotlyey

we really were pretty close! i would have taken a train down this weekend, but amtrack goes through memphus, but not nashville. sorry i couldnt stop by and say hi.

as for my character, i have given him a name and have done initial special equipment...just to re-interate, 15 000 gp, right? and can you post in the first post information such as hp rules or any special stuff such as how many extra bunus feats we get?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases