D&D 4th Edition 4e: Lost Temple of Roanorn




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
  1. #1

    4e: Lost Temple of Roanorn

    You've been travelling for days now, since you were called to the castle of Lord Crenshaw. After the scutage (payment paid instead of military service) owed to him by Sir Brensdale failed to arrive at the designated time, and after the men he had sent to investigate failed to return, he decided to gather together your eclectic mix of magic and might, and gave you your mission. You are to investigate the failure of payment, and to take steps to either rectify it, or to drag Brensdale to Crenshaw for his yearly fourty days of service.

    Shaking off the dust of the road, you stop at the local inn at the village nearest to Brensdale's castle. Heading inside, you see few travellers, though there does seem to be a few soldiers of unknown origin; their heraldry depicting the head of a black dragon on a green background; a coat of arms none of you recognize.

    However, you do recognize how they are treating the staff, as one of them knocks one of the barmaids to her knees and begins fondling her while the others roar obscenities...

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rolzup's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    564

    Ignore Rolzup
    "Oh, that's not right at all," Skamos mutters.

    Turning his head to the side, he makes an fluid gesture with the fingers of his left hand, and then fixes his gaze upon one of the soldiers standing behind the man assaulting the barmaid.

    "Step aside!" a voice rasps. "You don't know what to do with a woman! Its sheep that you like, that's what I've heard!"

    ooc

    Cast Ghost Sound, making it sound as though the targeted fellow is speaking. The voices won't match, but it should throw some confustion on the matter. Hopefully.

    And lest I forget, Sleep is his currently prepared daily spell.
    Last edited by Rolzup; Monday, 24th March, 2008 at 07:24 PM.

  • #3

    Tyron "Torn" Duskmeadow

    Recognizing Skamos scam, Tyron snickers. He blinks at the barmaid, before he calls to the fondling man: "I'm not as a honorable man as you, but even I would not stand an insult like this".

    ooc
    Bluff check (d20+9=28 )
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #4
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dire Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer.
    Posts
    3,765

    Ignore Dire Lemming
    Corrin's eyes nearly bug out in disgust as he see's this man's behavior. He immediately jumps to his feet and marches right up to him. "Excuse me, 'sir'." he says to the man, staring up at his eyes. "Unless this young lady here can honestly tell me that she is enjoying your behavior I am going to have to insist that you stop immediately, else things may become... unpleasant between us." He looks at the barmaid for the slightest hint that she desires his assistance.

    OOC: Sorry for not playing along guys, but Corrin is a Paladin, and a lady's man. Forcing oneself on a woman goes against everything he believes in and must be punished.
    Last edited by Dire Lemming; Tuesday, 25th March, 2008 at 03:22 AM.
    An apple a day keeps the zombie elephants away.
    Check out Dwarf Fortress. The fantasy world simulator by Bay 12 Games!

    My Games

    Homebrew - nick012000's 4e: Lost Temple of Roanorn - OOC / IC / RG
    Homebrew - Blackrat/My Assassin City - OOC / IC / RG
    Homebrew - Zurai's Into the New World - Recruitment / OOC 2 / IC / RG
    Planescape - Cage-Rattler's Cold Black Mask - OOC / IC / RG
    Star Wars - possum's Tales of the Jedi - OOC / IC
    Greyhawk - Rhun's ToEE OMEGA Game - OOC / IC / RG
    Mutants and Masterminds - Rystil Arden's Fullmetal Alchemist: Equivalent Exchange - OOC / IC1 / IC2 / IC3 / RG
    Star Wars - shadowbloodmoon's Out of the Frying Pan - OOC / IC / RG
    HomeBrew - hellrazor111's Hidden Beginnings, Tis Silly - OOC / IC / RG

  • #5
    The soldier looks around angrily at the illusory noise, and exclaims "What the heck?"

    When Corrin approaches, he looks at the miniature paladin, as he and his buddies stand up, and draw their halberds and maces.

    "Oh? The little man thinks he's tough guy. We'll show you who the big guys around here are."

    Spoiler:
    Roll initiative, guys! You're fighting 3 Human Guards and 3 Human Bandits. C is Corrin, B are Bandits, and G are Guards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inn2.JPG  

  • #6
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dire Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer.
    Posts
    3,765

    Ignore Dire Lemming
    Corrin takes a step back and looks around at the group of angry armed men. Thinking that perhaps he has gotten in over his head, no pun intended. "Excuse me?" He looks around at the others. "What are you trying to show me? That you're afraid to take me on alone?" His usually constant smile is conspicuously absent.

    OOC Edited
    Initiative: 1d20+1=14

    Is that how you roll init in 4E?

    I'm trying to convince him to fight me in single combat, or at least convince the others that it's not worth their time helping him. What kind of check is that if any?

    I also want to get him to take it outside if I can.
    Last edited by Dire Lemming; Tuesday, 25th March, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
    An apple a day keeps the zombie elephants away.
    Check out Dwarf Fortress. The fantasy world simulator by Bay 12 Games!

    My Games

    Homebrew - nick012000's 4e: Lost Temple of Roanorn - OOC / IC / RG
    Homebrew - Blackrat/My Assassin City - OOC / IC / RG
    Homebrew - Zurai's Into the New World - Recruitment / OOC 2 / IC / RG
    Planescape - Cage-Rattler's Cold Black Mask - OOC / IC / RG
    Star Wars - possum's Tales of the Jedi - OOC / IC
    Greyhawk - Rhun's ToEE OMEGA Game - OOC / IC / RG
    Mutants and Masterminds - Rystil Arden's Fullmetal Alchemist: Equivalent Exchange - OOC / IC1 / IC2 / IC3 / RG
    Star Wars - shadowbloodmoon's Out of the Frying Pan - OOC / IC / RG
    HomeBrew - hellrazor111's Hidden Beginnings, Tis Silly - OOC / IC / RG

  • #7
    Tyron mumbles "Paladins, sigh." and reaches for his wand.

    ooc
    Initiative: 1d20=12

    If anyone but the leader attacks the halfling , Tyron will move 3 squares right to activate Shadow Walk (move), curse the attacker (minor) and shoot him with an Eyebite (standard)

    Eyebite (1d20+4=5, 1d6+4=6, 1d6=5) (I forgot Prime Shot! But I rolled a 1, too )

    PS: If anyone uses Diplomacy, don't forget the half-elf +1 bonus
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 25th March, 2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: move direction
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rolzup's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    564

    Ignore Rolzup
    His tail twitching, Skamos straightens up and cast a nervous eye at the soldiers. His fingers curl, and he begins muttering under his breath....

    OOC

    Intiative: 7

    If any of the other soliders join in the attack on Corrin, Skamos will Magic Missile one of them -- whoever is closest to himself, I suppose. If not, he'll move the barmaid and pull her awy from the melee.

    Magic Missile: 17 vs. Reflex, 11 damage.

  • #9
    Armarantan of Borne - Human Cleric - hp 24/24 - AC 16 - Fort 13 - Refl 12 - Will 17

    Armarantan's face contorted in a flash of anger at the sight of the girl being fondled gruffly. He cleared his throat loudly, and then purposefully strode after the small paladin, ignoring the sounds of magic and the calls from the allies behind him. This was not a laughing matter, and needed to be dealt with immediatly. "Cease what you are doing!" he said in a loud voice, supporting the paladin's intent. "Immediatly."

    Things turned vile after that, with the men showing their intent clearly. Armarantan was almost pleased. "You have decided your fate then - so you shall burn." Pulling out his holy symbol, he called on the power of his deity, and sent a ray of burning divine light straight at the man nearest to the halfling paladin. The blast of light missed, but Armarantan was unperturbed. He pulled his mace out, and swung it in the air, relishing the rashness of combat.

    OOC
    OOC: Initiative: 3 Use a minor action to draw his holy symbol, and his standard action to activate his Lance of Faith power. Lance of Faith vs. Reflex: 7 He uses his move action to draw his mace.

    Action Points: 1

    Healing Surges: 8 (6 hp)

    Encounter/Daily Powers Used/Available:

    Second Wind (1/Encounter)
    Cause Fear (1/Encounter)
    Channel Divinity (1/Encounter)
    Healing Word (2/Encounter)
    Cascade of Light (1/Day)

    Armarantan of Borne's Character Sheet

  • #10
    OOC
    Wow. The dice really hate you guys. Okay, initiative order at the moment, will be updated when the other two of you post.

    24- Bandit 1 (bloodied)
    21- Bandit 2
    19- Guard 1 (bloodied)
    18- Guard 2 (dead)
    17- Guard 3
    16- Bandit 3
    14- Corrin (bloodied)
    13- Riardon
    12- Tyron
    9- Skarra
    7- Skamos
    3- Armarantan

    Armarantan is hit for 5 damage; the bandit got lucky with a Dagger throw and scored a critical. Corrin got hit by Guard #2 by a halberd for 12 damage, and is marked until the guard's next turn. That's the one who started one square back from the one you were adjacent to, and is now flanking you. You get an opportunity attack against him, though.


    "Oh yeah, sunshine? We'll show you who'll be ruined!"

    With that, the bandits closing in draw daggers from their belts and shoes, and throw them as the cleric steps forward. One sinks into his sheild as another glances off his armor, but one punches through a chink, and draws blood as it bites into him.

    Meanwhile, Corrin finds himself in a bit of a pickle as he weaves through the halberd strikes of his larger opponents, steel biting on steel as his opponents surround him.

    The guard throws off the mental probes of the warlock, while the cleric's beam of light whizzes past the enemy's heads, but the wizard's magic strikes straight and true, punching a hole in the leg of one of the guards menacing your halfling friend.
    Last edited by nick012000; Wednesday, 26th March, 2008 at 12:01 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. 4e: Lost Temple of Roanorn
      By nick012000 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th March, 2008, 05:27 AM
    2. Lost Temple of the Valiant
      By Crothian in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 22nd December, 2006, 06:05 PM
    3. Lost Temple of the Incan Blood God!
      By GMSkarka in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 31st May, 2005, 11:18 PM
    4. [OOC] Pulp Cthulhu: The Lost Temple of Yig
      By VorpalBunny in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: Tuesday, 22nd April, 2003, 04:35 AM
    5. Pulp Cthulhu: The Lost Temple of Yig [IC]
      By VorpalBunny in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th April, 2003, 05:05 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •