4e: Lost Temple of Roanorn

nick012000

First Post
You've been travelling for days now, since you were called to the castle of Lord Crenshaw. After the scutage (payment paid instead of military service) owed to him by Sir Brensdale failed to arrive at the designated time, and after the men he had sent to investigate failed to return, he decided to gather together your eclectic mix of magic and might, and gave you your mission. You are to investigate the failure of payment, and to take steps to either rectify it, or to drag Brensdale to Crenshaw for his yearly fourty days of service.

Shaking off the dust of the road, you stop at the local inn at the village nearest to Brensdale's castle. Heading inside, you see few travellers, though there does seem to be a few soldiers of unknown origin; their heraldry depicting the head of a black dragon on a green background; a coat of arms none of you recognize.

However, you do recognize how they are treating the staff, as one of them knocks one of the barmaids to her knees and begins fondling her while the others roar obscenities...

Rolzup

First Post
"Oh, that's not right at all," Skamos mutters.

Turning his head to the side, he makes an fluid gesture with the fingers of his left hand, and then fixes his gaze upon one of the soldiers standing behind the man assaulting the barmaid.

"Step aside!" a voice rasps. "You don't know what to do with a woman! Its sheep that you like, that's what I've heard!"

[sblock=ooc]
Cast Ghost Sound, making it sound as though the targeted fellow is speaking. The voices won't match, but it should throw some confustion on the matter. Hopefully.

And lest I forget, Sleep is his currently prepared daily spell.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Tyron "Torn" Duskmeadow

Recognizing Skamos scam, Tyron snickers. He blinks at the barmaid, before he calls to the fondling man: "I'm not as a honorable man as you, but even I would not stand an insult like this".

[sblock=ooc]Bluff check (d20+9=28 )[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin's eyes nearly bug out in disgust as he see's this man's behavior. He immediately jumps to his feet and marches right up to him. "Excuse me, 'sir'." he says to the man, staring up at his eyes. "Unless this young lady here can honestly tell me that she is enjoying your behavior I am going to have to insist that you stop immediately, else things may become... unpleasant between us." He looks at the barmaid for the slightest hint that she desires his assistance.

OOC: Sorry for not playing along guys, but Corrin is a Paladin, and a lady's man. Forcing oneself on a woman goes against everything he believes in and must be punished.

Last edited:

nick012000

First Post
The soldier looks around angrily at the illusory noise, and exclaims "What the heck?"

When Corrin approaches, he looks at the miniature paladin, as he and his buddies stand up, and draw their halberds and maces.

"Oh? The little man thinks he's tough guy. We'll show you who the big guys around here are."

[sblock]Roll initiative, guys! You're fighting 3 Human Guards and 3 Human Bandits. C is Corrin, B are Bandits, and G are Guards.[/sblock]

Attachments

• inn2.JPG
    inn2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 199

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin takes a step back and looks around at the group of angry armed men. Thinking that perhaps he has gotten in over his head, no pun intended. "Excuse me?" He looks around at the others. "What are you trying to show me? That you're afraid to take me on alone?" His usually constant smile is conspicuously absent.

[sblock=OOC Edited]Initiative: 1d20+1=14

Is that how you roll init in 4E?

I'm trying to convince him to fight me in single combat, or at least convince the others that it's not worth their time helping him. What kind of check is that if any?

I also want to get him to take it outside if I can.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Tyron mumbles "Paladins, sigh." and reaches for his wand.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative: 1d20=12

If anyone but the leader attacks the halfling , Tyron will move 3 squares right to activate Shadow Walk (move), curse the attacker (minor) and shoot him with an Eyebite (standard)

Eyebite (1d20+4=5, 1d6+4=6, 1d6=5) (I forgot Prime Shot! But I rolled a 1, too :( )

PS: If anyone uses Diplomacy, don't forget the half-elf +1 bonus[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rolzup

First Post
His tail twitching, Skamos straightens up and cast a nervous eye at the soldiers. His fingers curl, and he begins muttering under his breath....

[sblock=OOC]
Intiative: 7

If any of the other soliders join in the attack on Corrin, Skamos will Magic Missile one of them -- whoever is closest to himself, I suppose. If not, he'll move the barmaid and pull her awy from the melee.

Magic Missile: 17 vs. Reflex, 11 damage.
[/Sblock]

Pinotage

Explorer
Armarantan of Borne - Human Cleric - hp 24/24 - AC 16 - Fort 13 - Refl 12 - Will 17

Armarantan's face contorted in a flash of anger at the sight of the girl being fondled gruffly. He cleared his throat loudly, and then purposefully strode after the small paladin, ignoring the sounds of magic and the calls from the allies behind him. This was not a laughing matter, and needed to be dealt with immediatly. "Cease what you are doing!" he said in a loud voice, supporting the paladin's intent. "Immediatly."

Things turned vile after that, with the men showing their intent clearly. Armarantan was almost pleased. "You have decided your fate then - so you shall burn." Pulling out his holy symbol, he called on the power of his deity, and sent a ray of burning divine light straight at the man nearest to the halfling paladin. The blast of light missed, but Armarantan was unperturbed. He pulled his mace out, and swung it in the air, relishing the rashness of combat.

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC: Initiative: 3 Use a minor action to draw his holy symbol, and his standard action to activate his Lance of Faith power. Lance of Faith vs. Reflex: 7 He uses his move action to draw his mace.

Action Points: 1

Healing Surges: 8 (6 hp)

Encounter/Daily Powers Used/Available:

Second Wind (1/Encounter)
Cause Fear (1/Encounter)
Channel Divinity (1/Encounter)
Healing Word (2/Encounter)
Cascade of Light (1/Day)

Armarantan of Borne's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

nick012000

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Wow. The dice really hate you guys. Okay, initiative order at the moment, will be updated when the other two of you post.

24- Bandit 1 (bloodied)
21- Bandit 2
19- Guard 1 (bloodied)
18- Guard 2 (dead)
17- Guard 3
16- Bandit 3
14- Corrin (bloodied)
13- Riardon
12- Tyron
9- Skarra
7- Skamos
3- Armarantan

Armarantan is hit for 5 damage; the bandit got lucky with a Dagger throw and scored a critical. Corrin got hit by Guard #2 by a halberd for 12 damage, and is marked until the guard's next turn. That's the one who started one square back from the one you were adjacent to, and is now flanking you. You get an opportunity attack against him, though.[/sblock]

"Oh yeah, sunshine? We'll show you who'll be ruined!"

With that, the bandits closing in draw daggers from their belts and shoes, and throw them as the cleric steps forward. One sinks into his sheild as another glances off his armor, but one punches through a chink, and draws blood as it bites into him.

Meanwhile, Corrin finds himself in a bit of a pickle as he weaves through the halberd strikes of his larger opponents, steel biting on steel as his opponents surround him.

The guard throws off the mental probes of the warlock, while the cleric's beam of light whizzes past the enemy's heads, but the wizard's magic strikes straight and true, punching a hole in the leg of one of the guards menacing your halfling friend.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases