D&D 4E Neceros' 4e Character Sheet (Version: 1.00)

neceros

Adventurer

That link will get you to the download page. Click on the "Download This File" to download it.

You will require Adobe Reader 8 or later to view the document. Click Here to download the latest version.

This work was inspired by my first sheet for 3.5. It is designed to hold all information about a character in a clean and powerful method. To help you categorize everything your character can do. It's made for long run campaigns, but can easily be used in a one shot.

ADDENDUM: Project updated with working 4e rule set. Please PM or email me if you see anything out of order.

Here's a link to the old thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221694

Happy Gaming!

Last edited:

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Nice work! Congrats on the high traffic, man.

Any interest in creating a version that has the powers on the first page? The information that is most referred-to during play is defenses, HP, and powers. Having to flip the page every turn could get bothersome.

Also: I've attached the most-current version of my single-sheet character sheet. It's only good for low levels, because there isn't much room for powers. I'm working on a version that has less-often-needed information on the back page. My guiding principal is that anything you need to refer to in order to do an action, should be on the front page. Everything else (info that is pure reference) can be on the back page.

Here's how it breaks down.

Front page:
Name, race, class
Ability scores
HP (and surges, healing per surge, etc.)
Defenses
Initiative
Speed
Skills (ideally all skills, but at least passive perception and passive insight)
Basic melee and basic ranged (plus a blank "basic attack" space, which can be melee or ranged)
Powers

Back page:
Equipment
Magic items
XP
Wealth
Physical description / background
Feats
Rituals
Class features
Race features

Anyway: keep up the good work.

Attachments

• 4e character sheets and cards v3.xls
    65.5 KB · Views: 174

keterys

First Post
Awesome work - two comments:

I don't believe that we'll ever have your ability scores change temporarily, so I suspect the temp box is unnecessary.

Some powers are immediate reactions or interrupts (instead of standard/move/minor).

Cadfan

First Post
Your character sheet isn't to my tastes in terms of style (I prefer personalized txt documents with lots of white space for notes, reprinted for each session with updates), but it definitely has that retro-D&D feel that a lot of people love. I'll recommend it to my players who enjoy that sort of thing.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Cadfan said:
Your character sheet isn't to my tastes in terms of style (I prefer personalized txt documents with lots of white space for notes, reprinted for each session with updates), but it definitely has that retro-D&D feel that a lot of people love. I'll recommend it to my players who enjoy that sort of thing.

Yeah, I always use stat blocks for my characters. I've DM'd for too long to have any patience with conventional character sheets.

My players on the the other hand love character sheets and will be using yours at kickoff.

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Good job as always Necros!

I do have a few suggestions.
- Ability Scores. I don't see much reason for the extra rows for "Racial" "Level [Increase?]" and "Temperary" ability scores. Racial and Level bonuses can just be added to the base score (because they all change the modifier), and temporary ability bonuses and penalties are out in 4e (too much work for such a little effect.)
- The sheer number of powers you will have will have a number limit. No one knows what that is, but I would imagine that it is less than 25. Your character sheet has spaces for 42 (ish) powers, and I think that is a bit much. Perhaps that space might be better used to give the powers more space to write the description.

neceros

Adventurer
Thanks for everyone's comments. I do intend to follow suggestions when permitted.

Everyone's saying something about the ability scores, so I'll hit that first. I agree that I doubt we will require so much room to write down alterations and additions to ability scores. At the current, I have nothing else to put there. I could expand the hit point section if nothing else. I hadn't thought about no need for a Temp, 3.5 is engraved in my mind still. I'll touch that when it comes to it.

As for the Racial and Level slots I want there to be a place for everything that goes into a character. My idea is to be able to reverse engineer a character without looking at too many books to figure it out. Being able to have 'base' 'racial' etc lets one quickly remember where you come from.

The power sheet is still under development. It wont be finalized until I can see the rules, as with the majority of the sheet. Thanks for keeping an eye out! The third sheet, in reality, could be scratched. I included it in case someone wanted a sheet entirely for powers. Ideally, I could just add a second work to the website for the power sheet and leave it off of the main character sheet.

I also enjoy stat blocks, especially for NPC and Familiars, etc. However, this character sheet is for people that don't know how to make one, doesn't want to make one, or doesn't know about stat blocks. In reality, it's easier for most to just plug in the numbers and go. I aim to please. :)

Thanks Verys!

In an aside, I wonder how the official 4th sheets will look. Obviously, I borrowed 3.5's sheet dynamics and shifted it to 4th rules. I wonder if they will go more modern, or keep a statistic feel.

I put a fourth bubble under power action that says O: at the end because I knew I wouldn't have room for all types of actions. I'm sure they'll add more actions in later books, anyhow. Standard, Move and Minor are the most used I imagine, but I left a space just in case.

I'll be honest: I usually despise most excel character sheets. Call me OCD. However, the spread in your attachment isn't all that bad. Very well made, even for excel. ;)

Thanks!

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
neceros said:
I'll be honest: I usually despise most excel character sheets. Call me OCD. However, the spread in your attachment isn't all that bad. Very well made, even for excel. ;)

Thanks man. I'm no designer; I'm hoping a more talented person will take it as inspiration. :) It looks better once it's printed out. Hmmm... I just saved a new version with the cell gridlines hidden. Looks much better. :)

neceros

Adventurer
Alright. Another major update. I can't seem to leave it well enough alone.

Quite a few updates taken from suggestions and comments. I can't say all of them are in or will be, but I try to understand!

Let me know what you think.

Third page has been severed and is it's own pdf document now. You'll be able to find it on the download page.

Thanks!

Remove ads