Best level to fight the Tarrasque

Narzul

First Post
I'm thinking about using the Tarrasque in my current game...

I would like to know what do you think is the best party level to have a good fight with this fabled monster?

If some of you want to know, the party will consist of a fighter, a cleric, a rogue and a sorceress of equal level.

DarkJester

First Post
12th.....seriously, the twelveth level cleric (Archer type) killed it by himself with a scroll of wish to finish it off.

He just used wings of flying and stayed in the air above it and pelted it with +5 GMW arrow and bow. Add in haste and divine power and it wasn't all that hard. The rest of the group just watched from the air. Im not sure the exact numbers but his attack bonus was near 30-35 ish and + to damage per arrow was like 20.

So much for scaring the hell out of my players.

kreynolds

First Post
DarkJester said:
So much for scaring the hell out of my players.

Just one pesky dispel magic from the evil wizard off to the side would have done the trick.
sagrin.gif

The Tarrasque regenerates 40 hp per round, so your cleric would need many arrows with many GMW spells, and with it's Strength score and rush ability can jump pretty high...

Finish it off with a miracle spell.

Your tactic works much better than most of those on the official WotC boards.

DarkJester

First Post
The run in with the tarrasque was ment to just scare them, I never actually ment for them to fight it. They were in an underground cave system when it came running *through* the wall on a bee line toward the players. This was supposed to get them to jump off the bridge (Well , one of them at least) and into the river below (Unseen 60 feet below with an illusion over it.) Instead of running, the wizard casts mass fly on everyone who couldn't fly already and everyone watched as the cleric filled it full of arrows.

As for the damage, Again, im not sure on the exacts, but he had greater magic weapon on his bow and arrows running, a persistant divine favor up, divine might on, and various other buffing spells. His damage was amazing (Cleric archers are nice....). When they killed it was just kind of like "What?".... heh

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases