Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

WampusCat43

Explorer
TheLordWinter said:
Is there anything else in particular that people are looking for right now?

Wasn't there a druid a while back? I definitely need one. I'm trying to 're-create' (not the dreaded 'convert' word) my current group for playtesting 4e.

This is great work in this thread.

VBMEW-01

First Post
I'm afraid I've gotten behind on classes, but I think it was Malcolm who posted the druid a few pages back (I'm away from my files right now so can't tell you)

And thanks, I'm glad this is helping someone.

FunkBGR

Explorer
I'm drawing up some of the abilities my group thought of, and I was curious if anyone had any ideas of more alternative powers. It looks like some classes have "optional choices", such as the Rogue picking between focusing on Brawny or Trickster - does anyone have any ideas for similar things for other classes?

One I was thinking of is a number of powers that focus on two-handed weapons for Fighters, for example.

TheLordWinter

First Post
FunkBGR said:
I'm drawing up some of the abilities my group thought of, and I was curious if anyone had any ideas of more alternative powers. It looks like some classes have "optional choices", such as the Rogue picking between focusing on Brawny or Trickster - does anyone have any ideas for similar things for other classes?

Those particular choices are at present called Tactics (since that's what the Rogue's choices were called). Every class definitely has at least two, but current the Rogue's and the Fighters are the only ones we know for definite. So here are a few fan-made ones. I couldn't, despite my best effort, come up with anything good at all for the Paladin or the Fighter using Sword and Shield which was in-line with what was already on the sheet. So, go to town:

Cleric
-Pious Scholar: When using the Arcana, History or Religion skills, you may apply your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to your skill checks.
-Penitent Warrior: You may use your Healing Words encounter ability a 2nd time during combat. (Presumed to be taken by the Cleric Demo character)

Fighter
-Sword and Shield: ???
-Two Handed Weapon: When using a two-handed weapon, you may apply x1.5 your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Ranger
-Expert Marksman: Hunter's Patience; once per encounter you may add your Wisdom modifier to your ranged weapon attack roll.
-Two-Weapon Fighter: You may wield two weapons at the same time, and gain a +1 bonus to either attack or AC when doing so (you choose how to allocate this bonus at the start of your turn each round.)

Warlock
-Fey Pact: Misty Step; When you reduce an enemy under your Warlock's Curse to 0 or fewer hit points, you may teleport 3 squares as a free action.
-Devilish Pact: Devil's Due; When you reduce an enemy under your Warlock's Curse to 0 or fewer hit points, you regain 1d6 plus Charisma modifier hit points.

Warlord
-Battlefield Veteran: When using the Rally the Troops Power, the Warlord may add double his or her Charisma modifier.
-Brilliant Tactician: When the Warlord moves an ally, they may move an additional number of spaces equal to the Warlord's Intelligence modifier.

Wizard
-Wand: Wand of Accuracy; once per encounter while wielding a wand, you may apply your Dexterity modifier as a bonus to an attack roll.
-Orb: Orb of Power; once per encounter while wielding an orb, you may apply your Charisma modifier as a penalty to an opponent's saving throw against your spell effects.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
Swordsage

CLASS TRAITS

Role: Striker
Power Source: Sublime
Key Abilities: Intelligence and Wisdome
Armor Training: Hide
Weapon Proficiencies: Swords
Bonus to Defenses: +1 Reflex +1 Will
HP per level gained: 6 HP/level
Healing Surges: 3 + Constitution Modifier
Trained Skills: 6 Trained Skills
Class Skills: Pick six skills from the following list:
Acrobatics (Dexterity), Athletics (Str), Bluff
(Cha), Dungeoneering (Wis), Insight (Wis), Intimidate
(Cha), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dexterity)
Build Options: Dessert Disciple, Pure Mind, Dusk Sage, Shadow Blade, Tiger Brute
Class Features: Quick to Act, Martial Mind, Study of Six
Swordsages are warriors of the Sublime way users of a mystic force that is more a mixture of magic and martial prowess then either of the two. Swordsages tend are quick and witty and normally come across as clear minded smart people.
Characteristics: Movement is one of your advantages as is catching an opponent of guard.

Swordsage OVERVIEW

Religion: Swordsage of worship deities related to battle and war.
Races: Those who find power in a mixture of swordplay and magic make good Swordsages such as elves.

The Swordsage is a Striker
Saves: +1 Will +1 Reflex
HP: 5 Every Level
Trained Skills: 6

Class Features

All Sage gain the following class features.

Quick To Act (Ex): Through sharpness of the mind you have better reaction times the others. Starting at 1st level a Swordsage may use there Intelligence Modifier in place of there dexterity modifier for initiative checks and reflex defense. Whichever is higher.

Martial Mind (Swordsage Tactics): Swordsages rather use the strength of the mind then that of there body At first level select one of the following abilities.
Sharp Minded Combatant: You pick on an opponents weaknesses when you strike. Use your intelligence modifier in place of your strength modifier when rolling for damage.
Open Minded Combatant: Your patience pays off as you hit them where it hurts. Use your intelligence modifier in place of your strength modifier when rolling for damage.

Study of Six: At first level and every 5 levels after you may choose one of the five disciplines you study. You gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls with a power of your chosen . This bonus increases by +2 for every other discipline you choose.

Maneuvers (Sublime Powers)

A Swordsages powers are known as maneuvers.

Sublime Powers are known as maneuvers and are made up of nine disciplines . The Swordsage however may only choose maneuvers from the Dessert Wind, Diamond Mind, Setting Sun, Shadow Hand and Tiger Claw Disciplines.

Blistering Flourish Sublime Attack 1
With a flick of his blade flame appeared dancing all over its sharpened edge then within second it exploded in a blinding light as he thrust his blade forwards.
At Will – Sublime-Dessert Wind, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Attack Bonus vs Fortitude
Hit: 1W Damage and opponent takes a -2 Penalty to Attack Rolls for One Round.
Miss: Everyone within 30ft accept the creature you targeted are attacked instead and if hit take a -2 penalty to attacks for one round. They do not however take damage from your weapon.

Wind Stride Sublime Utility 1
There was but a warm breeze as he suddenly moved with great speed.
Encounter – Sublime-Dessert Wind
Move Action Personal
Effect: Double your speed for Cha Modifier Rounds.

Burning Blade Sublime Attack 1
Quickly the man lunged forward his blade bursting into flames as struck my chest.
Daily – Sublime-Dessert Wind, Weapon
Attack: Attack Bonus vs AC
Hit: 3W Fire Damage.
Sustain Minor: If you miss the target then you may make an additional attack at there reflex defense. If this attack hits they take 3d4+Cha modifier damage.

Sudden Strike Swordsage Attack 1.
Suddenly he leaped forwards catching me of guard as his blade pierce my arm.
Encounter – Sublime-Diamond Mind, Weapon.
Standard Action Melee Weapon.
Target: One Creature.
Attack: Attack Bonus vs Will Defense.
Hit: 1W Damage and gain combat advantage over target for one round.
Special: If you miss allies still gain combat advantage of target.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade Swordsage Attack 1
Time seemed to pause as he gazed at me for but a brief second then he struck striking my weak spot then quickly shifting away.
Encounter – Sublime-Diamond Mind, Weapon
Attack: Attack Bonus vs Will Defense
Hit: 2W Damage and gain a +2 Power bonus to attack rolls against the target as long you attack no one else.

Moment of Perfect Clarity Swordsage Utility 1
Time seemed to pause as he gazed at me for but a brief second then he struck striking my weak spot then quickly shifting away.
At Will – Sublime-Diamond Mind
Free Action
Target: Self
Effect: Use Will Defense in place of AC for wis modifier rounds.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade Swordsage Attack 1
Encounter – Sublime-Diamond Mind, Weapon
Attack: Attack Bonus vs Will Defense
Hit:

Step of the Wind Swordsage Utility 1
Suddenly he leaped gracefully into the air landing safely a few yards away.
At Will – Sublime-Setting Sun
Move Action
Requirement: Trained in acrobatics.
Target: Self
Effect: You may shift 2 squares.

Counter Charge Swordsage Attack 1
I charged forward axe raised above my head read to cut the elf in two then suddenly he stepped aside cutting my belly open.
Encounter – Sublime-Setting Sun, Weapon
Hit: 1W Damage
Special: This power may only be used when you are charged. Shift 1 square before making the attack. This negates the charge.

Force of the Blooming Flower Attack 1
Spreading his arms before me I did not expect the rush of force as he brought his blade up throwing me into the air to land on my head. Then things went dark.
Daily – Sublime-Setting Sun, Weapon
Hit: 3W Damage knocked unconscious.
Special: Target may make a saving throw to avoid being knocked unconscious.

Shimmering Blade Sublime Attack 1
His blade seemed to move in many direction as he passed through my guard.
At Will – Sublime-Shadow Hand, Weapon
Hit: You may make a single attack and gain a +2 Power Bonus to hit.

Shadow Child Utility 1
I struck forward almost hitting her as my vision grew cloudy.
Encounter – Sublime-Shadow Hand
Free Action
Requirement: Trained in bluff
Target: A target who's attacking you.
Effect: Make your target re-roll there attack roll this time with a -4 penalty.

Shadow Blade Sublime Attack 1
Things seemed go darker then his blade seemed to frost over Icicles climbing the blade from its hilt.
Daily – Sublime-Shadow Hand, Weapon
Hit: 3W+Cha Modifier Cold Damage and subject can't move for one round.
Sustain Minor: If you miss your opponent must make a acrobatics check or fall prone.

Hunters Sense Utility 1
We watched as our companion sniffed the ground then darted off after the orcs we were tracking.
At Will – Sublime-Tiger Strike
Free Action
Requirement: Trained in insight
Target: You use your nose to track and make your way through places. You may use your Insight skill in place of a Nature Check.

Wolf Fang Strike Sublime Attack 1
He quickly moved striking me hard twice with his weapon.
Encounter– Sublime-Tiger Strike, Weapon
Hit: Make two attacks this may be with one weapon or split between two. Each receives a +2 Bonus to Damage.

Primal Strike Sublime Attack 1
He seemed to change becoming for of a beast then a man he unleashed a attack of inhumane strength.
Daily– Sublime-Tiger Strike, Weapon
Full Round Action Melee Weapon
Hit: 3W Damage

Enjoy, It took me a while.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's my take on the Reaper figure (posted on Ketery's thread) of the woman with the prow of a ship on her back. The thrulls could be any pirate zombie figure (if you can find one of those) as most of them were once sailors. (See my flavor text)

A woman killed for stowing away aboard a ship by being mast-headed (strapped to the bow of a ship) in cold climate and dying from exposure. Her spirit stays with the ship, haunting it until the crew go mad and wreck the ship, then she wreaks righteous vengeance against all sailors with her spirit-swords, walking across the sea. The ruined prow the the ship she died on still strapped to her back

Lady of the Dark Sea Level 9 Elite Controller
Medium natural humanoid (Undead) XP 800
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +7; darkvision
Chill of the Icy Depths (Cold)
Aura 2; Enemies who move into
the aura or start their turn in the
aura take 5 cold damage and are slowed
HP 190; Bloodied 95
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 17, Will 19
Immune Poison, Disease Resist 10 Cold, Necrotic Vulnerable 5 Radiant
Saves +2, Action Point 1
Speed 6 or 8 (see Walks on Waves)
(m) Spiritsword (standard; at-will)
+16 vs.AC; 1d8 + 6 necrotic damage.
(M) Dual Attack (standard; at-will)
Make two Spiritsword attacks
R Drowning Depths (standard, at-will) Psychic, Range 20
+14 vs Will; 1d8 psychic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends) and target is Stunned until beginning of Lady of the Dark Sea’s next turn
Arctic Gale (standard; recharge 5, 6) * Cold
Close Blast 5
+14 vs. Reflex; 1d8 + 5 cold damage and target is pushed 2 squares
Walks on Waves (move, at-will)
Lady of the Dark Sea may walk gets speed 8 if she begins her movement on square containing water. She is otherwise unaffected by squares containing water.
Command Thrulls (minor; recharge 4, 5, 6)
Close Burst 5; Drowned Thrulls in burst may slide 2 squares
Drowned Thrull (special)
Anyone killed by Lady of the Dark Sea raises the following round as a Drowned Thrull (see Drowned Thrull)
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common
Str 18 (+8) Dex 16 (+7) Wis 16 (+7)
Con 15 (+6) Int 11 (+4) Cha 17 (+7)

Drowned Thrull Level 7 Minion
Medium natural humanoid (Undead) XP 75
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +4; darkvision
HP A minion dies when hit for damage
AC 17; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 15
Immune Poison, Disease Resist 5 Cold, 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant
Speed 5
(m) Slam (standard; at-will)
+14 vs.AC; 5 damage.
(M) Drowning in Thrulls (standard; at-will)
+12 vs Fort; 5 damage. If two or more Drowned Thrulls are adjacent to the target, the target is immobilized until the end of it's next turn.
Alignment Unaligned Languages None
Str 18 (+7) Dex 12 (+4) Wis 13 (+4)
Con 17 (+6) Int 3 (-1) Cha 12 (+4)

Level 9 Encounter (XP 2,000)
1 Lady of the Dark Sea (level 9 elite controller)
16 Drowed Thrulls (level 7 minions)

I've made a few changes after getting some feedback from Keterys.

VB: Sorry I've been such a slacker lately, I'm falling behind! (Though I'm sure you could use the break anyway, there's been alot of great posts here!)

Fitz

VBMEW-01

First Post
Fitz just believe me when I say you haven't fallen behind. Classes are currently swamping me, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I got some tweaking to do on the PHB2ClassesOCC, but it should be up by tomorrow or later tonight. The other two (New and PHB1) are about neck and neck, but shouldn't be long.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
WampusCat43 said:
Wasn't there a druid a while back? I definitely need one. I'm trying to 're-create' (not the dreaded 'convert' word) my current group for playtesting 4e.

This is great work in this thread.
yes, i needed a playtester for the druid i wrote up

Druid

Role: Hybrid
Power Source: Primal
Key Abilities: Wisdom, Dex, Str

Armor Training: Hide
Weapon Proficiencies: Staves, Clubs, Bows
Bonus to Defenses: +1 Fortitude, +2 Will

HP per level gained: 5 HP/level
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution Modifier

Trained Skills: Nature plus three others
Available Skills: Pick three skills from the following list: Athletics, Endurance, Heal, History, Intimidate, Perception, Religion, Stealth
Bonus Language: Druidic

Build Options: Feral Warrior, Protector of the Land, Master of Elements
Class Features: Gift of the Wild, Resist Nature’s Lure, Stride, Wild Shape

Druids are the safe-keepers of the land. They go unnoticed within their natural terrain thanks in no small part to their ability to look like the animals within the area. Ancient secrets passed down through generations by druidic circles help the druids in their ongoing fight against those who would defile the feywild.

As a Druid, you are generally close-lipped about your purpose and training. You get along with those who also understand the land and nature’s purpose. You’re at home in the grasslands, forests, and other natural environments.

In combat, you may wait for the perfect moment to strike, or you may utilize the land itself to gain an advantage.

Characteristics: Wild Shape will prove invaluable when in combat. Use it to gain an edge. Alternatively, you can manipulate the encounter with your connection to the natural environment around you.

Religion: Druids often worship their racial or a nature god. Druids within a circle will follow that patron, while those outside of such groups make their own choice of whom to follow.

Races: Any race who may prefer seclusion or has a strong will to protect the land prefers the druid class including elves, halflings, humans and orcs.

Feral Warrior:

Suggested Feat: Weapon Focus, (human feat: Human Perseverence)
Suggested Skills: Athletics, Intimidate, Nature, Stealth
Suggested At-Will Powers: Rake, Tear
Suggested Encounter Power: Rend
Suggested Daily Power: Pounce

Master of Elements:

Suggested Feat: Spell Focus, (human feat: Toughness)
Suggested Skills: Heal, History, Nature, Religion
Suggested At-Will Powers: Thorns, Heat
Suggested Encounter Power: Chill
Suggested Daily Power: Shillelagh

Protector of the Land:

Suggested Feat: Toughness (human feat: Human Perseverence)
Suggested Skills: Endurance, Heal, Nature, Perception
Suggested At-Will Powers: Tear, Stomp
Suggested Encounter Power: Pack Tactics
Suggested Daily Power: Easy Prey

All Druids share these class features.

Fey Gift: Druids take on the aspects of the animals that most closely relate to what they need done. Many do so to defend the land; others to stalk enemies like prey. Some use Wild Shape out of convenience, but rely more on their other talents to protect nature.

Choose one of the following options.

Feral Warrior: You gain a +1 class bonus to attacks and damage. You may apply your Wisdom modifier instead of Strength to damage rolls.

Master of the Elements: You may select and cast one additional non-wild encounter or daily talent at first level.
Protector of the Land: You gain a class bonus to your AC Defense equal to your Wisdom Modifier. This bonus does not apply in heavy armor.

The choice you make also provides bonuses to certain druid powers. Individual powers detail the effects (if any) your Wild Shape selection has on them.

Resist Nature’s Lure: Druids gain a +2 to all defenses against fey type creatures and primal powers.

Stride: Pick a natural setting, such as forest or cave. You ignore difficult terrain when in that setting. At level 11, you can shift as a minor action when in that terrain. Once per day at level 21, you can teleport a number of squares equal to your speed when in that terrain (this allows you to move through walls or fallen trees with ease; cannot be used in wild shape).

Wild Shape: At-will as a move action, you may change shape into an animal. This ability grants you bonuses to attacks, defenses, and sometimes movement types and/or speeds. While in wild shape, you can only use powers with the keywords weapon or wild. At level 1, you may begin progression in one of the following paths. Repeat this process at level 11, and again at level 21.

Combat Form:
You take on the aspects of predatory animals like the lion or the tiger.
While in Wild Shape, you gain a basic claw or gore attack which deals 1d8 + Str damage. The damage increases by one category for every 10 levels you gain with this form (1d8 becomes 1d10 becomes 2d6).

Defense Form:
Thick naturally tough skin coats your body, allowing you to better protect yourself and others.
While in Wild Shape, you gain a basic bite attack which deals 1d4 + Str damage. You also gain a +1 natural bonus to all defenses. You gain an additional +1 to all defenses for every 10 levels you gain with this form.

Travel Form:
Land, air, or sea; nobody compares to your mobility.
While in Wild Shape, you gain a basic slam attack which deals 1d6 + Str damage. You also gain a +1 natural bonus to your speed. For every 10 levels you gain with this form, you gain an additional +1 natural bonus to speed and may select a new type of movement from the following: Fly, Burrow, Climb, Swim, and Sprint (+2 to speed when charging/running).

Your powers, called talents, are instinctual by nature. You draw upon them through a combination of innate ability, focused training, and strong ties to the land or your heritage. Your powers often benefit from Strength of Body or Will.

At-Will Powers

Over Heat
Druid Attack 1
The enemy's skin flushes and sweat breaks over it's brow. You concentrate and begin to cook him from within.
At-will Primal, Fire, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Attack: Wis vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Wis fire damage
Special: If you hit the target with this attack in the last round, you deal 2d6 + Wis fire damage instead.

Rake
Druid Attack 1
You strike a vein with your claws as you scratch them across bare skin.
At-will Primal, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Attack: Str or Dex vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and ongoing 1 damage (save ends).

Stomp
Druid Attack 1
You strike your foe hard with hooves or overly large feet.
Standard Action
Attack: Str vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage
Special: If target is prone, this attack does 2[W] + Str damage instead.

Tear
Druid Attack 1
You claw or bite at your enemy’s weapon hand, causing him to lose some momentum.
Standard Action
Attack: Str vs. Fort
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and the target takes a -1 to attacks until the end of your next turn.

Thorns
Druid Attack 1
Sharp thorns grow as if from nowhere and hinder your foe's progression toward the party.
At-will Primal, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Hit: 1d6 + Wis damage and repeat damage if target moves before the start of your next turn.

Encounter Powers

Chill
Druid Attack 1
A natural cold runs down your enemy’s spine and into his bones.
Encounter Primal, Cold, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Hit: 2d6 + Wis cold damage and target slowed until the beginning of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The target is slowed (save ends).

Magic Stones
Druid Attack 1
Pulling 3 stones from the ground, you request nature’s blessing and throw them into the air to find their targets.
Encounter Primal, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: Up to 3 creatures
Special: Pick targets before rolling attack. You may pick the same target more than once.
Attack: Str, Dex, or Wis vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wis damage to each target

Pack Tactics
Druid Attack 1
Your ally gives you the opening you’ve been waiting for and you move in for the kill.
Encounter Primal, Weapon, Wild
Immediate action (interrupt)
Target: One adjacent creature.
Trigger: An ally makes a successful attack against the target.
Effect: The target takes an additional 2[W] + Str damage.

Rend
Druid Attack 1, Reliable
You shred your target’s exposed flesh with antlers, claws, and anything else you have available to you.
Encounter Primal, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Attack: Str or Dex vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and make a second identical attack. If both attacks hit, the target takes 1d6 additional damage. At 21st level, the additional damage increases to 2d6.
Special: If you miss with either attack, you do not expend the use of this power.

Daily Powers

Trample
Druid Attack 1
Daily Primal, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Hit: 2[W] + Wis damage and target marked for the rest of the encounter.

Pounce
Druid Attack 1
You strike as if from nowhere, pulling your enemy to the ground to deliver a killing blow.
Daily Primal, Charge, Trip, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Special: You must charge as part of this attack.
Hit: 2[W] + Str damage and the target is prone.

Shillelagh
Druid Attack 1
Daily Primal, Implement, Weapon
Standard Action
Requirements: The chosen weapon must be made of wood.
Target: One creature
Attack: Wis +1 vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Str +1 damage and you gain +1 attack and damage for the rest of the encounter.
Miss: You gain +1 attack and damage for the rest of the encounter.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Ok, the first of the new class OCCs is now up in the OP.

It is PHB2ClassOCC, and contains the Barbarian, Druid and Monk write-ups. Creators please look it over and let me know if any revisions or additions are needed.

The other two ClassOCCs are coming soon, just a little more to go.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
With the new preview from wotc, we could almost get a 30 level progression out of a class... Hmm, I'll be looking into this tomorrow at work. :eek:) also, good to know what levels to classify powers now, so those of us who've been making them can start revamping and fine tuning. Yay!

*The Website* I'd like to pass this to any willing person at this point since it seems my friend has flaked on showing me the ropes with dreamweaver. Anyway, whomever has time to take this up, speak with our original guy (I think it was verys, right?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases