WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Base of Operations Recruiting RG ICC OCC

In the old days, Brightstone Keep guarded a mining settlement, but humanoids overran the area. Recently, an army drove back the humanoids and the people of Marikest hoped Brightstone Keep would be rebuilt and used to watch the frontierŚ but the army has moved on, leaving the keep unoccupied.

You all have heard of the armyĺs departure and Marikestĺs concerns about rampaging humanoids and other monsters who will return to Brightstone Keep and use it as a base of operations to raid Marikest. (The armyĺs presence has kept the humanoids at bay so far, but everyone knows the wars have moved on.) Your group wish to stop that from happening...

Your group has arrived in Marikest this morning. You will need information about the keep (perhaps a map?) and what road you need to take.
    The large town finds itself uncomfortably near the frontier. Most of its able-bodied men and women went off with the army that recently departed, leaving it with only a small force of sheriffs to patrol the entire community.
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 1st April, 2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clearing up
    Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Ilium
    Jarek pauses and surveys the town from atop his massive horse. He absently buffs a smudge from his breastplate while looking over the town's defenses.

"Well, I suppose we should find an inn first off," he observes. "Someplace with good stables and decent food, if we can find it."
    "GRAAA!! TASTE MY TOOL OF MERCY!"
    -Nifft in this post
    CURRENT GAMES

Running Heroes of Highdale (on hiatus) IC OOC RG

Playing in Branding Opportunity's Kill Bargle! IC OOC RG

Playing in Walking Dad's Base of Operations IC OOC RG

After days of travel Warren is glad to once again see civilization. He looks at his comrades and says "Thank you, Jarek you have once again delivered us to our destination safely. I think we should get to the inn and check in, and then begin to find out what we can about this keep we are to protect. We should all take advantage of this down time I think our good fortune will change before long."
    Charaters I Play:

Mathew d'Cannith Living Eberron(Currently in 'The Lighting of Death')
    Links Living Eberron (Currently in 'A1: Lost Knowlegde of Arcanix')
    Braidan Living Eberron (Currently in 'Goblin's in the Cellar')
    Warren Pierce WD's 'Base of Operations

Games I run

M1: Just a Treasure Hunt
    Mellubb's Xen'drik Heroes
    OOC ICC RG

Merrilea if you are reading this, I LOVE YOU!!

"Agreed" Paldon says "I think I would definitly up for a little of the regions ale also."

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo

Collan, elf cleric 5, hp 24/24, AC 16, Spells 0 to 3: 6/5/4/3

"While you find us an inn, I shall tour the streets. Mayhaps this burg has some ammenities beyond a 'bed and barrel'."

Collan rides regally past the others at a leasurely pace, looking for something like a church, shop, barracks, or even better, a town center where a ruler might be found.
    Old Games

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Ilium
    Jarek shakes his head as the elf rides past. "Reminds me more of my brother every day," he mutters under his breath. He pats his horse on its massive neck and says, "Let's go." He rides after Collan, looking around for an inn, or a likely-looking local to ask about one.
    -Nifft in this post
    CURRENT GAMES

Those who are looking for an inn:
    You find the "Drunken Boar". On their way, both half-orcs feel the suspicious look of the townsfolk. As you enter, Warren hears a dwarf talking to two humans about a "raid" and how they should "stay away from the east quarter".

@Bhilbo&Ilium:
    Near the center of the town you find a building that seems to be the Town Council.
    On the other side of the street, made from white stone, is a temple of Pelor.
    Before you can enter either buliding, you are stopped by an elven warrior and some townguards.
    "Who are you, and what do you seek in Marikest? Are you the help Father Lorren had sent for?" the elf asks.
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 1st April, 2008 at 09:52 PM.
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Warren moves closer to the Dwarf and says "Please excuse me Master Dwarf. I did not mean to be rude but I could not help but over hear your conversation. I am Warren Pierce what were you saying about the east quarter? I am interested in stories of danger and heroics and this sound completely full of it. Please spare no details."
    Charaters I Play:

Games I run

OOC ICC RG

Quote Originally Posted by Mellubb
    Warren moves closer to the Dwarf and says "Please excuse me Master Dwarf. I did not mean to be rude but I could not help but over hear your conversation. I am Warren Pierce what were you saying about the east quarter? I am interested in stories of danger and heroics and this sound completely full of it. Please spare no details."
    Paldon finds a seat near Warren, keeping an eye on the conversation and whats going on around it...if available he will ask about what the inn has for ales.

"erh,... what, oh, I'm Reg the Goldeye, but my friends call me Reggie. I just told my friends here about my last venture to the keep. Did you need a guide? I know the way and I'm not a bad trapsmith, too." He adds with a wolflike grin (ooc: No, he is no werewolf , just a local npc rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenku17
    Paldon finds a seat near Warren, keeping an eye on the conversation and whats going on around it...if available he will ask about what the inn has for ales.
    The barmaid tells you about the local favourite, it is called "dark dwarf".
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 1st April, 2008 at 11:44 PM.
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad
    "erh,... what, oh, I'm Reg the Goldeye, but my friends call me Reggie. I just told my friends here about my last venture to the keep. Did you need a guide? I know the way and I'm not a bad trapsmith, too." He adds with a wolflike grin (ooc: No, he is no werewolf , just a local npc rogue)

The barmaid tells you about the local favourite, it is called "dark dwarf".
    "Hmm...I think ill try a mug of that" Paldon says, and takes a look around the room as he waits on the drink.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo
    Near the center of the town you find a building that seems to be the Town Council.
    On the other side of the street, made from white stone, is a temple of Pelor.
    Before you can enter either buliding, you are stopped by an elven warrior and some townguards.
    "Who are you, and what do you seek in Marikest? Are you the help Father Lorren had sent for?" the elf asks.
    OOC: Well? Are we?

"Greetings constables. A fine temple you have there," Collan says, turning his horse to one side so the symbol of Pelor on his shoulder-cape is clearly visible.
    Old Games

As Arrak rides into the town, Mela shifts and whinnies nervously. Arrak pats his side reassuringly, and says in a low voice, "Haven't seen city in a while, either." He rides beside his half-orc companion, taking in all of his surroundings, not missing the nervous looks from the townsfolk. In response to one particularly nasty sneer from a local vendor, he slows down, lowers his mask, cocks his head, and stares at the man for a moment before riding on.

As they arrive at the inn, Arrak removes his mask, stables Mela, and enters behind the others. Taking a seat at the bar as Paldon orders his drink, he says to the barmaid, "Whatever's strong." Awaiting his drink, he leans over to Paldon, and says, "Sound's like Warren's looking for trouble again." Arrak couldn't care less about Warren's heroic ideals, but heading into trouble would give him a shot to vent some of the frustration he felt from a distinguished lack of combat as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenku17
    "Hmm...I think ill try a mug of that" Paldon says, and takes a look around the room as he waits on the drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Slaw
    ... (Arrak) says to the barmaid, "Whatever's strong." Awaiting his drink, he leans over to Paldon, and says, "Sound's like Warren's looking for trouble again." Arrak couldn't care less about Warren's heroic ideals, but heading into trouble would give him a shot to vent some of the frustration he felt from a distinguished lack of combat as of late.
    The bar maid brings you both a "dark dwarf". It is a strong drink, but you both are no beginners. The barmaid, a red-haired human with green eyes, blinks at Paldon as she puts down your drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bihlbo
    OOC: Well? Are we?

"Greetings constables. A fine temple you have there," Collan says, turning his horse to one side so the symbol of Pelor on his shoulder-cape is clearly visible.
    (ooc: yes you are, see my ooc post)
    "Oh, I see you are. My name is Reg Ty-Djarling, the sheriff. Follow me, the members of the town council are awaiting you. We thought they would send more heros." says the tall elf. "But it is good you are here. There were seen some half-orcs in town today."
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

"Well met Reggie. I do belive we will need a guide. However it is not my descision whether or not we can hire you. I will have to confer with my friends first. Come let me introduse you." with that the wizard walks over to Paldon and says "Reggie meet Paldon, Paldon this is Reggie, he's a guide. He knws the keep and infact just returned from an adventure there. He says he can show us the way."
    Charaters I Play:

Games I run

OOC ICC RG

"Well met Reggie. I do belive we will need a guide. However it is not my descision whether or not we can hire you. I will have to confer with my friends first. Come let me introduse you." with that the wizard walks over to Paldon and says "Reggie meet Paldon, Paldon this is Reggie, he's a guide. He knws the keep and infact just returned from an adventure there. He says he can show us the way."
    Reggie nods at Paldon and Arrak: "Nice to meet you. Knowing the keep is to much to say. I just enlightened the gentlemen there with my modest knowledge. I was just sneaking around the walls. But let me tell about this later.
    For payment I would only require an adequate share of the treasures we might find."
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Ilium
    "Oh, I see you are. My name is Reg Ty-Djarling, the sheriff. Follow me, the members of the town council are awaiting you. We thought they would send more heros." says the tall elf. "But it is good you are here. There were seen some half-orcs in town today."
    Jarek dismounts and nods to the sheriff. He places his hand on his breast and says, "I'm Jarek. My friend here is Collan, a traveling priest of Pelor. There are others with us, but they are finding us lodgings." As they follow the sheriff he asks, "Have your folk had much trouble with half-orcs in the past? I didn't think there were enough about to be a problem."
    -Nifft in this post
    CURRENT GAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Ilium
    Jarek dismounts and nods to the sheriff. He places his hand on his breast and says, "I'm Jarek. My friend here is Collan, a traveling priest of Pelor. There are others with us, but they are finding us lodgings." As they follow the sheriff he asks, "Have your folk had much trouble with half-orcs in the past? I didn't think there were enough about to be a problem."
    "Nah, no problems. We are ever vigilant. Orc tribes just like to send them in first as scouts. Damn orcs and bandits. They must have spies in our city." He says angrily.
    Signature

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Ilium
    "That makes sense," Jarek agrees. After a pause says, "Maybe the best thing is to set one spy to catch another. Two of our friends are half-orcs. Maybe they could try to catch your spies."
    -Nifft in this post
    CURRENT GAMES

Arrak gives a curt nod to Reggie, then turns back to his drink. After taking a gulp from the mug, Arrak speaks to Reggie over his shoulder. "More important things in life than gold. Time can't be bought. I've got no problem with a guide." Arrak pauses for a moment, finishes his drink in a few large gulps, and says to the barmaid, "Good ale. I'll have another." As he waits for his second round, Arrak stands up and turns to face Reggie, arms crossed. "What's this about treasure in the keep?"

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast