WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Walking Dad

First Post
Base of Operations Recruiting RG ICC OCC

In the old days, Brightstone Keep guarded a mining settlement, but humanoids overran the area. Recently, an army drove back the humanoids and the people of Marikest hoped Brightstone Keep would be rebuilt and used to watch the frontier— but the army has moved on, leaving the keep unoccupied.

You all have heard of the army’s departure and Marikest’s concerns about rampaging humanoids and other monsters who will return to Brightstone Keep and use it as a base of operations to raid Marikest. (The army’s presence has kept the humanoids at bay so far, but everyone knows the wars have moved on.) Your group wish to stop that from happening...

Your group has arrived in Marikest this morning. You will need information about the keep (perhaps a map?) and what road you need to take.
The large town finds itself uncomfortably near the frontier. Most of its able-bodied men and women went off with the army that recently departed, leaving it with only a small force of sheriffs to patrol the entire community.

Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
Jarek pauses and surveys the town from atop his massive horse. He absently buffs a smudge from his breastplate while looking over the town's defenses.

"Well, I suppose we should find an inn first off," he observes. "Someplace with good stables and decent food, if we can find it."

Mellubb

First Post
After days of travel Warren is glad to once again see civilization. He looks at his comrades and says "Thank you, Jarek you have once again delivered us to our destination safely. I think we should get to the inn and check in, and then begin to find out what we can about this keep we are to protect. We should all take advantage of this down time I think our good fortune will change before long."

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan, elf cleric 5, hp 24/24, AC 16, Spells 0 to 3: 6/5/4/3

"While you find us an inn, I shall tour the streets. Mayhaps this burg has some ammenities beyond a 'bed and barrel'."

Collan rides regally past the others at a leasurely pace, looking for something like a church, shop, barracks, or even better, a town center where a ruler might be found.

Ilium

First Post
Jarek shakes his head as the elf rides past. "Reminds me more of my brother every day," he mutters under his breath. He pats his horse on its massive neck and says, "Let's go." He rides after Collan, looking around for an inn, or a likely-looking local to ask about one.

Walking Dad

First Post
Those who are looking for an inn:
You find the "Drunken Boar". On their way, both half-orcs feel the suspicious look of the townsfolk. As you enter, Warren hears a dwarf talking to two humans about a "raid" and how they should "stay away from the east quarter".

@Bhilbo&Ilium:
Near the center of the town you find a building that seems to be the Town Council.
On the other side of the street, made from white stone, is a temple of Pelor.
Before you can enter either buliding, you are stopped by an elven warrior and some townguards.
"Who are you, and what do you seek in Marikest? Are you the help Father Lorren had sent for?" the elf asks.

Last edited:

Mellubb

First Post
Warren moves closer to the Dwarf and says "Please excuse me Master Dwarf. I did not mean to be rude but I could not help but over hear your conversation. I am Warren Pierce what were you saying about the east quarter? I am interested in stories of danger and heroics and this sound completely full of it. Please spare no details."

Kenku17

First Post
Mellubb said:
Warren moves closer to the Dwarf and says "Please excuse me Master Dwarf. I did not mean to be rude but I could not help but over hear your conversation. I am Warren Pierce what were you saying about the east quarter? I am interested in stories of danger and heroics and this sound completely full of it. Please spare no details."

Paldon finds a seat near Warren, keeping an eye on the conversation and whats going on around it...if available he will ask about what the inn has for ales.

Walking Dad

First Post
Mellubb said:
"erh,... what, oh, I'm Reg the Goldeye, but my friends call me Reggie. I just told my friends here about my last venture to the keep. Did you need a guide? I know the way and I'm not a bad trapsmith, too." He adds with a wolflike grin (ooc: No, he is no werewolf ;) , just a local npc rogue)

Kenku17 said:
Paldon finds a seat near Warren, keeping an eye on the conversation and whats going on around it...if available he will ask about what the inn has for ales.
The barmaid tells you about the local favourite, it is called "dark dwarf".

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases