WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Kenku17

First Post
Walking Dad said:
"erh,... what, oh, I'm Reg the Goldeye, but my friends call me Reggie. I just told my friends here about my last venture to the keep. Did you need a guide? I know the way and I'm not a bad trapsmith, too." He adds with a wolflike grin (ooc: No, he is no werewolf ;) , just a local npc rogue)

The barmaid tells you about the local favourite, it is called "dark dwarf".

"Hmm...I think ill try a mug of that" Paldon says, and takes a look around the room as he waits on the drink.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Walking Dad said:
Near the center of the town you find a building that seems to be the Town Council.
On the other side of the street, made from white stone, is a temple of Pelor.
Before you can enter either buliding, you are stopped by an elven warrior and some townguards.
"Who are you, and what do you seek in Marikest? Are you the help Father Lorren had sent for?" the elf asks.

OOC: Well? Are we?

"Greetings constables. A fine temple you have there," Collan says, turning his horse to one side so the symbol of Pelor on his shoulder-cape is clearly visible.

Lord Slaw

First Post
As Arrak rides into the town, Mela shifts and whinnies nervously. Arrak pats his side reassuringly, and says in a low voice, "Haven't seen city in a while, either." He rides beside his half-orc companion, taking in all of his surroundings, not missing the nervous looks from the townsfolk. In response to one particularly nasty sneer from a local vendor, he slows down, lowers his mask, cocks his head, and stares at the man for a moment before riding on.

As they arrive at the inn, Arrak removes his mask, stables Mela, and enters behind the others. Taking a seat at the bar as Paldon orders his drink, he says to the barmaid, "Whatever's strong." Awaiting his drink, he leans over to Paldon, and says, "Sound's like Warren's looking for trouble again." Arrak couldn't care less about Warren's heroic ideals, but heading into trouble would give him a shot to vent some of the frustration he felt from a distinguished lack of combat as of late.

Walking Dad

First Post
Kenku17 said:
"Hmm...I think ill try a mug of that" Paldon says, and takes a look around the room as he waits on the drink.
Lord Slaw said:
... (Arrak) says to the barmaid, "Whatever's strong." Awaiting his drink, he leans over to Paldon, and says, "Sound's like Warren's looking for trouble again." Arrak couldn't care less about Warren's heroic ideals, but heading into trouble would give him a shot to vent some of the frustration he felt from a distinguished lack of combat as of late.
The bar maid brings you both a "dark dwarf". It is a strong drink, but you both are no beginners. The barmaid, a red-haired human with green eyes, blinks at Paldon as she puts down your drinks.

Bihlbo said:
OOC: Well? Are we?

"Greetings constables. A fine temple you have there," Collan says, turning his horse to one side so the symbol of Pelor on his shoulder-cape is clearly visible.

(ooc: yes you are, see my ooc post)
"Oh, I see you are. My name is Reg Ty-Djarling, the sheriff. Follow me, the members of the town council are awaiting you. We thought they would send more heros." says the tall elf. "But it is good you are here. There were seen some half-orcs in town today."

Mellubb

First Post
"Well met Reggie. I do belive we will need a guide. However it is not my descision whether or not we can hire you. I will have to confer with my friends first. Come let me introduse you." with that the wizard walks over to Paldon and says "Reggie meet Paldon, Paldon this is Reggie, he's a guide. He knws the keep and infact just returned from an adventure there. He says he can show us the way."

Walking Dad

First Post
Mellubb said:
"Well met Reggie. I do belive we will need a guide. However it is not my descision whether or not we can hire you. I will have to confer with my friends first. Come let me introduse you." with that the wizard walks over to Paldon and says "Reggie meet Paldon, Paldon this is Reggie, he's a guide. He knws the keep and infact just returned from an adventure there. He says he can show us the way."
Reggie nods at Paldon and Arrak: "Nice to meet you. Knowing the keep is to much to say. I just enlightened the gentlemen there with my modest knowledge. I was just sneaking around the walls. But let me tell about this later.
For payment I would only require an adequate share of the treasures we might find."

Ilium

First Post
Walking Dad said:
"Oh, I see you are. My name is Reg Ty-Djarling, the sheriff. Follow me, the members of the town council are awaiting you. We thought they would send more heros." says the tall elf. "But it is good you are here. There were seen some half-orcs in town today."
Jarek dismounts and nods to the sheriff. He places his hand on his breast and says, "I'm Jarek. My friend here is Collan, a traveling priest of Pelor. There are others with us, but they are finding us lodgings." As they follow the sheriff he asks, "Have your folk had much trouble with half-orcs in the past? I didn't think there were enough about to be a problem."

Walking Dad

First Post
Ilium said:
Jarek dismounts and nods to the sheriff. He places his hand on his breast and says, "I'm Jarek. My friend here is Collan, a traveling priest of Pelor. There are others with us, but they are finding us lodgings." As they follow the sheriff he asks, "Have your folk had much trouble with half-orcs in the past? I didn't think there were enough about to be a problem."

"Nah, no problems. We are ever vigilant. Orc tribes just like to send them in first as scouts. Damn orcs and bandits. They must have spies in our city." He says angrily.

Ilium

First Post
"That makes sense," Jarek agrees. After a pause says, "Maybe the best thing is to set one spy to catch another. Two of our friends are half-orcs. Maybe they could try to catch your spies."

Lord Slaw

First Post
Arrak gives a curt nod to Reggie, then turns back to his drink. After taking a gulp from the mug, Arrak speaks to Reggie over his shoulder. "More important things in life than gold. Time can't be bought. I've got no problem with a guide." Arrak pauses for a moment, finishes his drink in a few large gulps, and says to the barmaid, "Good ale. I'll have another." As he waits for his second round, Arrak stands up and turns to face Reggie, arms crossed. "What's this about treasure in the keep?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases