Outrageous!

Grimstaff

Explorer
Looks like some of you guys were right after all.

Guess I'll always have C&C... :( (or not!?)

Renton, Wash.- March 31, 2008 - Wizards of the Coast Inc., subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. and leader in trading card games, roleplaying games, and shared world fantasy fiction, and the office of Greg Leeds, today announced the discontinuation of the Open Games License and a moratorium on the still-in-developement "GSL", an OGL-similar program intended for use with the Core Rules of its recently announced fourth edition of the Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game.

Commenting from his new Renton offices, Mr. Leeds stated, "By bringing corporate sensibilities into the world of fantasy roleplaying games, we can secure the future of a company dedicated to the continuing production of fun, high-quality fantasy roleplaying games for children of all ages.

"Furthermore," he added, "our submissions' department is offering exciting new opportunities for those third party publishers who would still like to be in involved in the fantasy roleplaying game industry. We want them to feel comfortable that their submissions will receive the greatest consideration and even the possibility of publication under the aegis of Wizards of the Coast."

The office also announced the upcoming digital initiative Ye Auld Shoppinge Markete, which will enable fantasy roleplaying game entusiasts to shop online through the Electronic Game Table accessory from Wizards of the Coast Online for everything from camping equipment to sporting goods to cheap flights and hotel reservations.

Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the trading card game and tabletop roleplaying game categories, and a leading developer and publisher of game-based entertainment products. The company pioneered its categories with the globally recognized MAGIC: THE GATHERING and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS brands, and holds an exclusive patent on trading card games (TCGs) and their method of play. Wizards is also a leading publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information, visit the Wizards of the Coast website at www.wizards.com.

Hasbro is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER, and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Pale

First Post
Yeah, it's an April Fool's.

Same thing on a different board got me for about a minute. But all that really shows is my lack of faith in Hasbro.

Tewligan

First Post
UngeheuerLich said:
where is the reference link?
It's at www.readforcontextespeciallyonaprilfirst.com

The office also announced the upcoming digital initiative Ye Auld Shoppinge Markete, which will enable fantasy roleplaying game entusiasts to shop online through the Electronic Game Table accessory from Wizards of the Coast Online for everything from camping equipment to sporting goods to cheap flights and hotel reservations.

Ydars

Explorer
This would have had me, except that I was plotting to do the same thing early this morning.

That and the "News of my death is greatly exaggerated" email from E Gary Gygax (I wish this was true BTW).

Jack99

Adventurer
Ydars said:
This would have had me, except that I was plotting to do the same thing early this morning.

That and the "News of my death is greatly exaggerated" email from E Gary Gygax (I wish this was true BTW).

I think you would have found people thinking that to be of extreme poor taste.

Jack99

Adventurer
Pale said:
Yeah, it's an April Fool's.

Same thing on a different board got me for about a minute. But all that really shows is my lack of faith in Hasbro.

The horrible spelling didn't tip you off immediately?

Remove ads