GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

thegreyman

First Post
This is the adventure "Bizarre Bazaar", an extra adventure linked to the Mega-Adventure.

Each player can take care of their own rolls in IC or, I can take care of them if they wish.

Hopefully, we can keep a high post rate, as I will be able to post almost every day. If you'll be MIA for a few days, just let me know.

If you have any problems with my style or me, let me know. I'm always trying to get better at this PBP stuff.

Characters:
Jinx
Octavio Amontillado
Thargon Kolex
Tankard
William Kendric

(more is coming for this post.)

Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
Regis Hilamar leads the group from the Red Dragon Inn into a carriage parked close by. A footman jumps to open the door for him, and he ducks inside. As everyone becomes settled, the footman closes the door and heads to the front of the carriage. In a few seconds, the carriage is off and moving down the streets of Orussus. Regis doesn't appear too concerned with chitchat and the ride is quiet.

About ten to fifteen minutes later, the carriage slows and stops. As it finishes rocking, the door pops open and Regis says, "Ah, we must be here. Excellent." He gestures for all of you to proceed him out of the carriage.

"Here" is apparently an open field just outside of Orussus. The sun is shining brightly, and it's quite a warm day. As you glance around wondering what could be of interest here, you see an elegant half-elven woman, perhaps in her fifties, which means she looks in her mid to late twenties if she were a human. Her pale blue hair is still carefully set, and her deeper blue eyes are focused and determined. She wears an intricately woven stylish royal blue cloak with several arcane sigils emblazoned on the back, and decorated along the fringe with arcane runes in an iridescent golden yellow-green. There is a complex pattern along the top that seems to sparkle and move as the light touches it at different angles.

"Well, sir Hilamar, I assume these are the people I'm supposed to take back to Monemvassia?"

Regis bows deeply to her, "Yes, Mistress Liore. My master thanks you for your generous assistance." He looks to the party. "Know that this then is Rayne Liore, one of the Academy's most preeminent mages. Treat her with great respect. My lady." So saying he bows again, and heads back to the coach.

Rayne smiles slightly as Regis walks away. "I fear I scare him too much." She turns back towards the group and continues, "I was headed back to Medibaria, so I volunteered to transport you all to the Council chambers on my way. Take my hands."

After everyone has linked hands, she speaks a few words of power, and with a jolt and a flash of gray, suddenly everything changes around the party. Suddenly, they are standing on the grounds of the Academy close to the Council Chamber. The Council Chamber, a huge domed structure spreads before you. The day is much earlier here, and the weather appears to be fighting off a recent rain.

Rayne turns to the group, "I understand that you are working for Zel Thanas. He is trusted by the Council and brought the matter you are here to deal with to our attention. Do not fail us. This may have consequences beyond anything you may know." She gestures to a nearby servant. "Take these three to see Master Zel Thanas. He should be in one of the side chambers. Good luck and may the Gods go with you." She then begins walking back towards the Academy.

"If you would follow me good siirs, I will show you to your meeting." The servant waits until you acknowledge him, and then leads you into the Council Chamber.

thegreyman

First Post
At close to the same time, both of the smaller groups are shown into a side chamber of the Council building. While not as physically imposing as the main Council room, this smaller room is still daunting. The room is almost fifteen feet high, several small pillars flanking either side of the room, surrounding a large oak table with twelve chairs. The walls and pillars are highly polished and seem to be made of white marble. A small side table sits against the wall with several glasses and pitchers.

"Please, make yourself comfortable and refresh yourselves with the water and wine. Master Thanas will be with you shortly." The servants both bow slightly and exit, leaving all six of the adventurers alone.

Kenku17

First Post
thegreyman said:
At close to the same time, both of the smaller groups are shown into a side chamber of the Council building. While not as physically imposing as the main Council room, this smaller room is still daunting. The room is almost fifteen feet high, several small pillars flanking either side of the room, surrounding a large oak table with twelve chairs. The walls and pillars are highly polished and seem to be made of white marble. A small side table sits against the wall with several glasses and pitchers.

"Please, make yourself comfortable and refresh yourselves with the water and wine. Master Thanas will be with you shortly." The servants both bow slightly and exit, leaving all six of the adventurers alone.

William picks up a pitcher of water, and pour him a glass, as he wonders what the guy meant by "Consequesnce beyond anything you may know..."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Thargon samples the wine and shrugs. He takes the glass with him as he examines the pillars. "Excellent quality marble. I would love to see the quarry this came from."

He turns around, remembering his manners. "My name is Kolex, Thargon Kolex, master craftsman. Who are we, and how will we complement each other? My skills are in smithing, and in fighting." To emphasize the point, he pulls out and displays his intricately pattern-welded axe.

jaker2003

Explorer
Tankard draws his greatsword and slices an imaginary target in half. "I am called Tankard or Tank. I kill things. I'm a decent shot and bowsmith."
OOC: I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO POST AGAIN UNTIL TUESDAY

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
A well dressed and good looking man speaks up, "I am Octavio Amontillado, winner of the Performance competition of DiSenzio's Tournament; and Master Duelist. Now, let's see what vintage we have here," he says, helping himself to the wine.

[sblock=phat lewt]SOLD

From wererats: 2 rapiers, 2 light crossbows, 40 bolts

From cave: spellbook, Dwarven scroll

From Serena: Chime of Opening-8 charges

From skeletal archer: long sword, glittering chain shirt, MW longbow (last two in Tank's possession)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Robichaud

Explorer
Entering on Octavio's heels, a far less glamorously dressed looking man gives a brief, no-nonsense greeting to the group by way of a clipped nod and a few words. "Jinx. I figure I'm a mentalist, of sorts, and a decent shot with a crossbow to boot. Pleasure meetin' you all."

Kenku17

First Post
"My name is William Kendric, and usually Im working for the town gaurd...my father is a cartographer for the Sage's Guild, and Ive somewhat taken mapmaking up as a hobby, so you may see me making notes, and drawing maps from time to time during our journey." Will says.

(OOC:I right now have no idea how thats going to work mechanically...I guess ill have to send a email tonight on it)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases