GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Heckler

First Post
"I hadn't figured on following the trail for more than an hour or two, not an all day thing. But given the current state of our health and the good Father's blessings, I say we keep moving as we were and make sure we get a good night's rest."

covaithe

Explorer
After a frustrating few minutes rounding up your scattered horses, you resume your journey, limping and sore but alive... for now. In the evening, Phelan expends his last spell energy, closing a few small wounds.

In the morning, Phelan sits on the grass facing the sunrise, and when he arises, he lays hands on the wounded party members, curing more of their wounds.

[sblock=Tankard]After Phelan's healing, you feel quite good this morning. Oh, there's some lingering pain from wounds not fully healed, but you're tough and they seem insignificant. But you feel more alive than normal; the morning air seems especially crisp and sharp, and the fragrant smells of breakfast are sharper than you ever remember noticing before. Unfortunately, the smells from your armor are also sharper. It's been a while since that last rainstorm...[/sblock]

Despite your renewed wariness, or perhaps due to it, the next day's travel is uneventful, and you make good time. As evening approaches, you see buildings on the horizon, and smoke wafting from chimneys.

[sblock=William]You've spent enough time looking at the map that you're surprised to see a village of such size here; there's nothing like it marked on the map. In fact, this is only one of several inconsistencies you've noticed over the last few days of travel. You don't remember passing the leftward jog in the road that's clearly depicted on the map at what you would judge is a day's travel from Medibaria, and the creek with the stone bridge was flowing east to west, which is strange, since the map shows it emptying into a small lake to the east.[/sblock]

The village proves to be a perfectly ordinary Halfling farm community, with an inviting inn built on human scale near the road. As you approach the inn, the door bangs open and an obviously distraught woman backs out, shaking her fist and yelling. "And next time your cows have blocked udders, you can just fix 'em yourself, Josiah Half-wit!"

She slams the door, turns, and spots you. Hope shines in her face immediately. "Oh, good travelers! Please help me! My daughter has disappeared and the bones tell me she is in terrible danger! These slimy, good-fer-nuthin' sons of... Well, those pigs won't leave their trough long enough to come find my little girl, the ungrateful wretches. Please, you're not like them. You'll help me, won't you?"

[sblock=Status]Between resting and Phelan's healing, Octavio is down 2, and William and Tank are both down 1 from max.
[/sblock]

Kenku17

First Post
William looks weirdly over the map, and then looks to the others "Uhhh...guys, not to worry anybody, but Im seeing some strange errors in the map...I don't think that means were going the wrong way or anything but I figured Id let you know" he says before doing his best to start memorizing the errors for later.

Last edited:

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank 12/13 hp

"Whoa, there, a few points of interest.
One. Your daughter needs rescuing . . . What does she look like?
Two. Do you have any ideas about where she can be found?
Three. Aside from knowing we've helped someone, what's in it for us?
"

Tank's lack of charisma should be evident by now.

Robichaud

Explorer
"Yeh, ah'll hear your story. I ain't sure if we can help, seein' as how we've got places to be, and might've gotten turned around on our way there.." - Jinx gives a questioning look to William, here - "..but we'd be right rotten berks if we didn't at least make sure."

Pause.

"Unh, also, comin' back to that bit about possibly bein' turned around - could you tell us where we are, ma'am?"

covaithe

Explorer
"Whoa, there, a few points of interest.
One. Your daughter needs rescuing . . . What does she look like?
Two. Do you have any ideas about where she can be found?
Three. Aside from knowing we've helped someone, what's in it for us?
"

"Well, she looks a lot like me, folks say, but smaller. Dark hair with that wispy curl that small ones have, brown eyes, big rosy cheeks. She was wearing a blue dress with brown wool leggings last I saw her, which was last night near sunset, when I was folding laundry. I turned my back on her, and when I turned again she was gone. I looked everywhere, but all I found was a scrap of blue cloth by a berry patch, and I only found that near midnight. I spent all today trying to get help, but... Well, I can pay, if that's what it will take to get your help. I have something, something magic, a chime that can open the cleverest lock. 'Twas a gift from my mother that I was saving for some need, but if this isn't need I don't know what is. It's yours if you'll bring my girl back to me." The woman looks to be at the edge of her grip on herself, like she could burst into tears or attack you with her bare hands or just collapse, at any moment.

"Unh, also, comin' back to that bit about possibly bein' turned around - could you tell us where we are, ma'am?"

"Well, you're in Salt Holler, of course. Did those kids steal the sign again? I'll have to tell Tarn, and make sure he gives 'em a good whipping this time. Those boys just run wild! I'd wonder if they did some mischief with my Lara, but I saw 'em running around without a care today, and they're not bright enough to pull off that kind of lie."

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
William has trouble thinking of any nearby referents that might be able to confirm whether they're on the right path or where on the map this town might lie. The Stonespire mountains themselves loom sullenly ahead, providing some reassurance that the party is at least headed in the right general direction.

Remove ads