GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Kenku17

First Post
Unless Tank has other plans, William walks in the direction of the tavern, and upon reaching will casually enter, just to see what its like before making any sort of scene.

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank 8/13hp

Tank will want to double check to see if any stores are still open. If nothing seems promising for climbing supplies, Tank proceeds to the tavern.

Tank intends to try diplomacy first, and expecting that to fail;
bribery.

covaithe

Explorer
Serana shakes her head at Tank's inquiry. "None of the shopkeepers in this town stays open long after sundown, unless there's a big caravan come through, or a rich noble or some such. They'll be in drinking with the rest."

William leads the way unobtrusively into the tavern, though his attempts at subtlety are somewhat hindered by the fact that he has recently been in a fight for his life, nearly lost, and looks like it. Conversations die and then restart as a subued murmurs as the tavern's patrons take in the bloodstains and claw marks still visible on William's body. The murmurs redouble as Tank and Serana come in behind him.

"Mongrel's half-chewed bones, what happened to you, man!" a portly, balding man gasps.

"Looks like 'e tried t'bed that one, an' bit off more'n 'e could chew," a pimple-faced young man says in a mock-whisper that can be clearly heard throughout the room. His friends, a group of four other youths at the same table, snicker and call for more ale. Serana flushes, but doesn't glance at the youth.

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank nudges William and murmurs, "Speak to them."

OOC: I thought this was a halfling community?
And what race is Selana that they would dislike her so?

Kenku17

First Post
"If you really wish to know, I just had to fight a stupid Cat in the cave to help protect her little girl...I was wondering if I might be able to borrow a ladder from one of you" William says, trying to be as lighthearted as possible.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Whoops, I did say it was a halfling community, didn't I. What, do you expect me to remember everything I say? :) Right, then...

Looking around the room, you can see that while most of the tavern's occupants are halflings, there are a handful of humans there as well. There is no apparent reason why they would single out Serana, who is fully human as far as you can see, for such treatment.

"A cat, you say? Awwww.... couldn't handle a pussycat, could you?" one of the halfling youths jeers.

"Is that why you need a ladder? Mean ol' kitty chased you up a tree?" another quips. The first makes meowing noises and pretends to claw the air, while the second pretends to panic, trying to climb his neighbor, a lanky human, like a tree. It is a rather comical sight, and most of the tavern is laughing.

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, if ye need a ladder, I s'pose I might be able to dig one up. It's my turn to buy a round; how's about you cover that little chore for me, and I'll check my barn and see if I've got anything to suit." The balding halfling who first spoke on your entry eases his way to his feet, amid cries of mock amazement.

"That's Burtrell Colputter," whispers Serana. "He never buys a round, at least not with his own money. Quick, toss the bartender a gold piece before he decides it was a joke."

Kenku17

First Post
"Well, if ye need a ladder, I s'pose I might be able to dig one up. It's my turn to buy a round; how's about you cover that little chore for me, and I'll check my barn and see if I've got anything to suit." The balding halfling who first spoke on your entry eases his way to his feet, amid cries of mock amazement.

"That's Burtrell Colputter," whispers Serana. "He never buys a round, at least not with his own money. Quick, toss the bartender a gold piece before he decides it was a joke."

"I shall do that for you" William says and passes a gold piece to the bartender.

Remove ads