GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
Round 6, continued

Octavio sheaths his rapier and jumps up on the rock, only to fall back down.

Phelan puffs and gasps as he chases up the hill, trying to catch Tank before the barbarian collapses from his wounds. He manages to catch the barbarian, and quickly casts a healing spell. (cures 4) "That's my last good healing spell," he puffs. "Don't forget your potions!"

Jinx simply reloads and fires again. It's a far from ideal shot to try, but it seems like there's not all that much more productive he can do at this range. Sadly, this one goes wide as well.

Tank, feeling a bit less ready to collapse, moves across the hill and attempts to climb the rock by the archer, but cannot get a good handhold. (ooc: I assumed you meant E instead of W in your movement, yes?)

Round 7

William keeps moving up the hill, keeping himself agianst the rocks to keep in cover.

The archer takes another shot at Octavio, which glances off the rock face harmlessly. He then edges away from Tank and moves closer to Octavio.

Octavio...

Initiative
William 7/12
Bowman undamaged
Skeletal Dog 1 destroyed
Skeletal Dog 2 destroyed
Skeletal Dog 3 destroyed
Octavio 18/18 <=== You're up
Phelan undamaged
Jinx 6/6
Tank 3/13 +2 temp, raging, 1 rounds remain

All allies affected by bless, 4 rounds remaining

map

jaker2003

Explorer
Yes, I very much meant East.

The raging orc ignores Phelan's healing touch and continues after the archer.
(NE, SE, SE, SE) That should put him right above the archer. That means I get a +1 to attack roll for higher ground, right?

1d20+9+1+1=22, 2d6+12=22

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Well, it would, but that path takes 35' of movement by my count, so I don't think Tank can do it and still attack this turn.

Heckler

First Post
Octavio attempts to climb again, and falls again. His third attempt is successful.

ooc: DODGE on archer
Move NW onto rock. first climb fails, second is good...
rolls here

Attempting to close with the archer, he slips again...

ooc: Move North fails
climb=3

...and making it to the Nothern rock on his next try...

ooc: Move North successful
climb=17

...finally hopping down off the rock in front of the archer, drawing his rapier in the process. "Ha-HA! Now I have you! Surrender, while you still have the option."

ooc: Not exactly sure that was all legal. I figured each climb check used 7.5 feet of movement (one quarter of my move), so it took me one full move action (30') to cross the rocks. Use another move action to close the last 5', drawing my rapier in the process. If I had been able to close and get an attack off I would have tried to tackle him.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7, continued

Octavio attempts to climb again, and falls again. His third attempt is successful, and he moves forward on the rocks.

[sblock=ooc climb checks]Not quite the interpretation I had in mind. I'm thinking that a climb check is a move action. Success means that your speed for that move action is 1/4 your normal speed, and failure means your speed is 0. (Or that you fall, but that doesn't really apply here.) In other words, you can make up to two climb checks per round. If your speed is 30, success on one means you can move one square (7.5 ft); success on both means you move 3 squares (15 ft). So Octavio moves one square NW this round.[/sblock]

Phelan keeps moving around the hill.

Jinx, despite a growing sense of futility, fires another shot. It flies well short of his target. Perhaps he should come up with another tactic... (ooc: Jinx will only hit on a nat 20 under these conditions)

Tank continues to chase after the archer, but the bowman has calculated the distance right, and Tank cannot quite reach him. Tank's rage seems to drain away suddenly, leaving him very tired. (ooc: Tank is fatigued)

Round 8

William keeps moving, sacrificing his cover as he turns the corner. (ooc: Your stated move of NW, NW, N, N makes very little sense to me. Surely you don't really want to end up in square D9? Can you confirm or restate your movement, please? I haven't moved William on the map.)

Octavio...

Initiative
William 7/12
Bowman undamaged
Skeletal Dog 1 destroyed
Skeletal Dog 2 destroyed
Skeletal Dog 3 destroyed
Octavio 18/18 <=== You're up
Phelan undamaged
Jinx 6/6
Tank 3/13, fatigued

All allies affected by bless, 3 rounds remaining

map

Kenku17

First Post
(OOC:Being that I think I futz the 1-2-1 rule, I think I meant NW, NW, N, NE, but basically im trying to round the corner so I can just book it next turn, and get into his face)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: How embarrassing. :p Looks like I also forgot to move Tank on the map, so that's fixed too. I also resolved William's move; I hope I've got your intent right.

Round 8, continued

The archer, seeing himself about to be caught between Tank and Octavio, carefully stows his bow and climbs easily onto the rocks to the southeast.

map

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases