GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
Umraecyl follows William to the sword's case. Up close, the sword is clearly as much a work of art as a weapon, though none the less lethal looking for all its beauty.

"Ah, Ludkjeta's sword. As tragic as it is beautiful. Tell me, do you know the tale of Mount Yurgind? No? Well, there was a great dwarven hall there under the mountain, where for many centuries the dwarves warred with neighboring goblin tribes. The dwarves were strong, and their hold on the mountain sure, but something changed. Exactly what depends on who you listen to. Some say the dwarves grew soft, turning their tools to art instead of the implements of war. Some say the goblins grew strong breeding larger, stronger, smarter warriors. Some even say that dark powers intervened. What is certain is that perhaps a hundred years ago, the goblins suddenly swarmed over the dwarves of Mount Yurgind, stronger than ever before. The dwarves were hard pressed, and sent for aid. They negotiated an alliance with another dwarven tribe, though which tribe is not known to me. It was to be a marriage alliance, in the oldest tradition; Ludkjeta, called the Diamond of Yurgind, was said to be the pinnacle of dwarven womanhood, and this sword was made by her father, one of the finest smiths under the mountain. It was to be her dowry, and, I think, a kind of statement as well, that though they made things of great beauty, the dwarves of Yurgind had not forgotten war."

Umraecyl sighs a moment, lost in his tale, then gathers himself. "Well, at any rate, things went wrong somehow. The marriage was cancelled, the alliance dissolved, and eventually Yurgind was broken. Only goblins live there now. As far as I can tell, the sword has no magical properties; it is simply a weapon and a work of art. And a conversation piece for dwarves. Its discovery has caused quite a stir among the dwarven population in these parts. Gribble, the weapon merchant whose stall you no doubt saw in the main square, has been here several times to view it."

covaithe

Explorer
"Why bother Master Umraecyl with questions when the product can speak for itself? Ladies, your services to go to the highest bidder. What exactly are you capable of?"

The three succubi have been lying about the case in indolent poses. One, raven-haired with eyes like banked embers, stands and struts to the edge of the case. She leans against the clear wall, hip thrust provocatively to one side, and looks Octavio over with some amusement. "What are we capable of? Sisters, this one doesn't know about us. Shall we teach him?"

"Teach him? I'd rather eat him," another says, skin a deep golden brown. She does not bother to stand, but crawls to the glass and looking up hungrily at Octavio. "Shall I eat you, human? You'd like it if I ate you." Her voice oozes complete confidence in this pronouncement.

"What we're capable of," asserts the third, hair a brilliant waterfall of copper in a face of unearthly paleness, "is whatever you want us to be capable of." She is sitting cross-legged and straight-backed in the exact center of the case. She looks up and catches Octavio's eye. There is a flicker of flame and a whiff of brimstone, and the case is suddenly empty. Instead, Octavio is closely surrounded by three extremely naked female demons, only inches away. They circle him, trailing warm fingers down the center of his chest and under his jawline, pressing something warm and yielding against his back, breathing extremely interesting suggestions into his ear.

"Girls!" Umraecyl's voice comes sternly. "You know you're to stay in the case and not seduce my guests. Must I inform your Master?"

The succubi pout, and teleport back into the case.

"But it's so lonely in here," the golden-skinned one complains. "You never come visit us any more. Haven't we pleased you?" Her skin suddenly darkens to just a shade lighter than Umraecyl's, and her features elongate into the elegant lines of the finest fey descent.

Umraecyl coughs and firmly turns his back on the case. "I do not know what Harsuthrax paid them, and I sincerely hope I never learn, but he somehow bound them to a compact whereby they do his bidding for a year and a day. He claimed that the terms of their compact prevented them from draining the life force of those they, er, kiss, as is the usual practice of their kind. Naturally, I, uh, had to verify this personally before I could in good conscience before I could accept his commission to auction the remaining term of the compact, and I am pleased to assure you that it is entirely true. Not that there aren't other dangers; poor Harsuthrax is more exhausted than I have ever seen a living creature. Poor man; he bit off more than he could chew, and only barely mustered the willpower to set it aside before it consumed him. He was like one of those unfortunates who simply cannot deny their thirst for strong drink, and slowly waste away. I strongly caution you against bidding on them, unless you are a being of exceptional willpower. Or someone looking for a pleasant road to oblivion."

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
They circle him, trailing warm fingers down the center of his chest and under his jawline, pressing something warm and yielding against his back, breathing extremely interesting suggestions into his ear.
Octavio inhales sharply, enjoying the temptations.

...Naturally, I, uh, had to verify this personally before I could in good conscience before I could accept his commission to auction the remaining term of the compact...

"But of course..."

I strongly caution you against bidding on them, unless you are a being of exceptional willpower. Or someone looking for a pleasant road to oblivion."

"Well, I'm certainly not the former, but the latter...," Octavio trails off as he checks the contents of his coin purse. He sound of disappointment, until he realizes..."Wait, lads! There's three of them and three of us. What do you think?"

ooc: I totally expect you guys to shoot this idea down. ;)

Kenku17

First Post
William hears Octavio's question and blinks before going "Ummm.." as his mind bouces back and fourth between their sexyness and their inability to be of much use on the battle field. After standing there for a little over a minute he says "I don't know Octavio, as charming as that offer is, I am not a person who will have the proper time to...give to them..soo, ill pass"

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh, you'd find time for us." promises the black-haired succubus.

"Girls..." Umraecyl says, a warning in his voice, and they subside back into languorous poses of idleness, watching.

"What else were you interested in seeing? I believe my butler mentioned the Urn?" His eyes drift to the central case.

covaithe

Explorer
"To be honest, very little. There is a great deal of rumor and legend. The Urn of Aldamarra, sometimes called the Cauldron of Blood, or Gorek's Chalice, or the Shepherd's Thimble, or any of half a dozen other names, features in the tales of many races. There are dwarven tales in which it produces untold wealth. There are human, elven, and gnomish tales in which its powers protected entire cities from plague, or invasion, or fire. The orcs have carried it during some of their most successful forays into. But none of the tales go into detail about exactly how it is used or what can be done to invoke its powers. Divination magics have revealed only that it is very powerful and incredibly old."

Umraecyl pauses, contemplating some of the runes, worn to illegibility, on the side of the Urn. From the corner of your eye, some of them seem to glow with a red so dark as to be nearly black, but they seem simply faded when looked at directly. After a moment, Umraecyl continues.

"Still, there are a number of interested parties interested enough in further research, and the possibility that the Urn may protect them when nothing else can, that I expect the bidding to be fierce. Yes, I intend to grow quite ridiculously wealthy from this.

"Which brings me to my next point. I mean no offense, my honored guests, but... How shall I put this... You gentlefolk have chosen a certain... practicality of dress rather than an excessive display of wealth. For which you are to be commended for your taste and modesty, but it does leave questions about your ability to bid on our more exclusive items. I hope you will not think me too crass if I ask for some assurance of your financial status?"

Kenku17

First Post
"Ah Yes" William says "I apologize for not having the papers out, but we are in service of Zel Thanas, a merchant of Orussus. With travel expenses he has give us a heafty stipen to bit on the urn"

(OOC:Argh...Im sick and that was a challenge...Im probably going to be inactive the next couple days)

Heckler

First Post
Octavio sniffs as he brushes a speck of dust from his sleeve. "Well, we did only just arrive, and one doesn't wear ones finery for travelling. But more to the point, we are in possession of a letter of surety for quite a bit of coin. Zel assures us that you are familiar with this form of transaction."

covaithe

Explorer
Umraecyl smiles, flashing his surprisingly white teeth. "Ah, Zel Thanas! How fares my old friend? Yes, of course I am willing to honor a letter of surety from him. Do you have the letter here? I will need to examine it, of course."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases