GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Shall we kill this?]So the concept behind this game, as originally designed, is a good one, I think. The "goal" is pretty vague; come home with the Urn, or at least make sure the bad guy doesn't get away with it. You get here, and there's an obstacle: the bad guy has way more money than you. What do you do about it? There's a modestly detailed environment to explore, nearly an infinite number of ways that you could proceed towards victory, with a number of interesting things that could happen along the way. It seemed like a lot of fun, which is why I agreed to take it on.

But, it's not working. For whatever reason -- inherent limitations of the PbP medium, player loss, lack of skill on the part of your DM; it doesn't really matter -- this game really isn't going anywhere. We're nowhere near an end, as originally conceived, and to be honest, I'm not having any fun running it. I kind of doubt you guys are having much fun playing it. I'd rather be running, and I'm sure you guys would rather be playing, a game that's fun.

So, unless there are strong objections, I'd like to bring this to a close. There's two ways we can go about it. Either we can just end it quickly, handing out XP and any leftover treasure, and wrap up the plot with a few roleplaying posts. Or, we could have one more big fight and finish up that way.

What do you guys think? And who's still watching this?
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I'm still here, a little sad that Weel just came on in time for it to die, though, but such is life, I suppose.

On a completely selfish note, at least one fight for Weel might be fun, seeing as this is his first foray, though I suppose that depends on how many others are still following the thread. Probably easiest to end with RP posts, since it doesn't take as many people to complete as running a full combat.))

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Kabitz]just to let you guys know, I have been following the story. does that cout as 'Who's still watching this'?[/sblock]

Kenku17

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Im sorry if Ive been kinda ghostly, but I have been watching this. In all truths, this isn't a snorefest to me, although I don't really know whats needed to be done before the auction in 3 days time. If the others want to close it out, so be it, but I figure we push it to the end of the plot at least[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Thanks for the bump. I haven't disappeared, but neither have I regained any great enthusiasm for this. Still, it deserves a proper wrap-up. I'll try to work on that over the next few days. Bump again if you don't hear anything for a while.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases