Looking for premade campaign

arcon

First Post
I'm looking for to run a campaign for my players but don't have much free time for preparation.

Any advice on a premade campaign that is easy to run without much changing. The sort of thing I'm looking for would be something like Red Hand of Doom or a Paizo AP but one I'd be able to play as is with little prep time.

Woas

First Post
Well there are those two you mentioned...

World's Largest Dungeon is a campaign in a half if that kind of a game floats your tug. Or any other the Super Size-Adventures like Return to the ToEE, Expedition to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk, etc.

Every so often someone will list a bunch of free adventures that would make a good Adventure Path. For example: This one. The added bonus to that is it costs $0... well other than maybe the cost of paper and printer ink if you were to print them out.

And then there are the Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics. Picking the right ones (and some of them already lead into each other so some of the work is done for you) could make for a nice campaign.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
arcon said:
I'm looking for to run a campaign for my players but don't have much free time for preparation.

Any advice on a premade campaign that is easy to run without much changing. The sort of thing I'm looking for would be something like Red Hand of Doom or a Paizo AP but one I'd be able to play as is with little prep time.

I recommend "The Drow Wars" by Mongoose. Its three books, each book allowing your players to gain ten levels, so the campaign will end at level 30 for most players. There are also quite a few excellent campaign blogs that will help a new GM.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Age of Worms or Shackled City?

Those are both pretty good.

I hear a lot of good about Savage Tides as well.

Currently, I'm having a blast in Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Others of note are Gygax's Necropolis and Judge's Guild City State of the Invincible Overlord.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Paizo's first Pathfinder AP, Rise of the Runelords, read extremely well, but it does get a bit far on the horror side during installments 2 and 3. Absolutely awesome worldbuilding and background, though.

EN World Publishing's own War of the Burning sky isn't quite finished but is also worth the money. Varied kind of events (diplomacy, action, intrigue) and also the kind of moral ambiguity that might make players think about who to fight. It's also laid out nicely in PDF to help minimize prep work, but, because of the freedom in the adventures, a DM might need to be a little more on his/her toes when running it (that is, you'll need to plan for multiple directions each session; it's not quite as linear as other pre-planned campaigns tend to be).

Emirikol

Adventurer
Try the FREE Warhammer fantasy scenarios written by fans on the Black Industries site.

I'm going to use the Warhammer world for my 4E campaigns. I think it's much better POL campaign than what's out there (or not out there as it were).

jh

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases