Alignment/Multiclassing/DM Screen/Power Source From I-Con

Lizard

Explorer
D.Shaffer said:
Actually...no. Very few crafted items require components created by disenchanting an item. For the most part, shards, dust, and the like are required to ENCHANT an item, adding a buff on top of an items normal function. The majority of crafted magical item components are either bought from a vendor, found through gathering skills (Herbalist, Skinning, Mining), or are drops from creatures.

Shrug. To me, it's making an item. Point is, they're bought because they're used. Based solely on that one sentence, my guess is that magic items no one wants in 4e will be used by the party to enhance their current items instead of being sold for cash. As to what this means, mechanically, and its limits and applications...no one knows. If I have the Cloak Of The Orcslayer, which lets me do +2W damage against an orc once per encounter, and I find the Cloak Of Goblinbane, which lets me do +W against goblins OPE, do I get a +3W cloak against orcs? A +2W/orc, +W goblin cloak? A +2W/Orc cloak that can be used twice per encounter? None of the above? All of the above, depending on my choices/skill/feats/the DM's mercy? We won't know until June...

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Kobold Avenger said:
Psionics was often described as "aberration magic" in Eberron as it was associated with Xoriat (Eberron's Far Realm) and Dal Quor (Eberron's Plane of Dreams).
Actually, it was mainly associated with Dal Quor (and hence Sarlona) and the fugitive Kalashtars. Xoriat was more about daelkyr and their minions - beholders, mind flayers, dolgrims and dolgaunt, i.e. strange beings fleshcrafted by them and also living crafts and so on.

Cheers, LT.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Lizard said:
"What you oppose, you become."

Truth be told it sound like he got well and truly annoyed and bored with the collecting six pelts from bears that way or may not drop kinda quests. The MMO influence is in the 5-Man WOW Dungeons.

Spatula

Explorer
Lord Tirian said:
Actually, it was mainly associated with Dal Quor (and hence Sarlona) and the fugitive Kalashtars. Xoriat was more about daelkyr and their minions - beholders, mind flayers, dolgrims and dolgaunt, i.e. strange beings fleshcrafted by them and also living crafts and so on.
Kobold Avenger was correct - mind flayers are known for what, again? :) There's more than a few psionic aberrations.

DJCupboard

Explorer
nightspaladin said:
Has anyone figured out what the likely 8th source is going to be?

The most probable guess that I can come if with is as follows

Martial
Arcane
Divine
Psionic
Primal
Shadow
Ki
???????

Greyskull

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Spatula said:
Kobold Avenger was correct - mind flayers are known for what, again? :) There's more than a few psionic aberrations.
Sort of - but the Dal Quor beings are dream beings, literally psionics incarnate.

For the mind flayer and so on (at least in Eberron), the psionics are like the a demon's spell-like abilities. Just something they can do, but not something they focus upon. It's rather a side-effect of being strange.

Whereas the Quori have an entire continent under their control, full of psionic monoliths and psionic clothing (i.e. mood clothing) and more.

Cheers, LT.

The Quori don't have a monopoly on psionics, it's been stated a number of times that some psionics does come from an association with Xoriat, and that the Cults of the Dragon Below have Wilders, Soulknives and even Psions, Psychic Warriors and Ardents associated with them.

Remove ads