A-1 Lost Knowledge of Arcanix- Makharat alone

Kaodi

Hero
( SPOILER ALERT = If you are from the group, do not read this thread, and I will not read yours. 'Twill be more " fun " that way, hehehe... )

After running for a while, Makharat begins to slow down, believing that he has finally rid himself of the others. " Cowards and fools, all of them, " he growls under his breath.

But now he is alone in the city, possible under observation by hostile forces. A Sakah fears no man, but he is nonetheless wary of possible threats. Makharat carefully scans his surroundings at all times as he begins to make his way towards the Lightning Rail station. In truth, he hopes that he does not make it to Arcanix without being confronted by some enemy resistance. He would like to test out the pair of blades that were liberated from Natr, without having to hold back on account of some misguided Southlands notion of mercy.

" Either I get paid or I keep both of these, " he says, hands resting on the hilts of the two magical shortswords, in case of attack. " Either way, I win. "

Moggthegob

First Post
Makharat arrives at the lightning rail station. The train that is waiting for you is sitting there. Your car is open and the conductor is looking impatient.

As you approach the car, a familiar dwarf comes up to you and claps you an the back.
Ah, one last chance, my friend. I could make you rich, and beyond that it is the right thing to do. This Dean is incompetent and this research i too dangerous to leave with him.

Kaodi

Hero
Makharat does not like the tone of the dwarf's voice, and as a precaution he readies himself to draw his twin blades at a moments notice.

" I think you are under the mistaken impression that the broader consequences of the Dean retaining possession of these research papers is important to me. I was hired to do a job, and at this point in time I am bound to carry out that job with some degree of faith. "

Taking a breath, the tiefling adds, " If you wish to pay for my services, you may do so after this job has been completed, and then my duty will be to you. But not before. "

Moggthegob

First Post
Dwayne looks and you smiles " Smart. You do not wish to give yourself a bad reputation. This thing isn't over though. The research may get back to the Dean but that wont keep the groups after this information at bay. There is more to this. Much more. Whats your price. What will it take to get you to protect my interests after this is over."

Kaodi

Hero
Makharat thinks silently for a few moments before speaking. " The papers will be delivered to the Dean. If you want me to do something for you after that, you are going to have to be more specific about what I am going to be paid to do. If you want me to watch out for these other groups, I can do that. If you want to hunt them down and kill them, I can do that. But if you are suggesting that I steal the papers back after having delivered them, I am not sure that that would be in my best interest. As for my price, make me an offer, but after you have described the job. "

Moggthegob

First Post
He nods at you knowingly," I am honestly not one hundred percent sure about the next step. Trust me when I say there will be a next step. And when there is I want you talents on my side. I hear you have left quite the trail of bodies in wake. If the wounds are indicative of fighting style, it was your handiwork. What do you say? Consider this an agreement in principle to work together, details to be worked out later.

Kaodi

Hero
Makharat nods hesitantly. " Something like that. In any case, I must catch my train now. Whatever is going to happen, the first step is to make it to Arcanix, " he says, moving to step onto the train. " We will meet again then, I suppose. "

With that, the tiefling boards the train and looks for his seat, but keeping his eyes peeled for suspiscious looking characters. Once there, he grunts as he sits down and prepares himself for what is likely to another long ride through the countryside. At least he will not have to listen to the others this time around...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases