A-1 Lost Knowledge of Arcanix- Makharat alone

Kaodi

Hero
" I will make this very simple for you, Dean Grey, " growls the tiefling. " I am going to give you one of the enchanted blades we liberated from the leader of the thieves. Then, I am going to go find some accomodations in these damnable towers where I can avoid meeting with those idiots who professed to be my comrades while insulting me in a way that precipitated my being unable to travel with them any longer. After they get here and give you the papers, you are going to give them their share of the payment, and the sword. Then, after they are left, you are going to send for me and award me my share of the payment. Then, our business will be over, except that in conversation and correspondance, you will not speak ill of me as an employee, so as to damage my reputation. In fact, you will say quite the opposite. Should you refuse my terms, I will leave your office with both blades, which I assure you are worth far more than our agreed upon fee. That would be bad for the people you consider to have served you well, while it would be an acceptable outcome for myself. "

Smiling smugly, a look that is quite disturbing, Makharat says, " Your answer? "

Moggthegob

First Post
The Dean laughs " Oh that is rich. Really Good show. Sit down, and become invisible. I will leave you here and you will witness the exchange as it occurs. I do not wish to risk you wandering free in my halls. A mercenary is quite the eyesore in a university. So stay put. You're travelling comrades will be here soon.

Kaodi

Hero
Makharat doesn't exactly look thrilled by having to see his former companions again, but he nods as he unbuckles the scabbard of one of the shortswords and hands it to the Dean. He then sits down where the Dean has indicated.

( So, I guess you will let me know when the others show up in the office so that I can look in the other thread? )

Moggthegob

First Post
the group has just entered the room, inquiring as to whether or not the Dean had recieved their House Sivis message.

Feel free to rejoin the group i nthe other thread at your leisure.

Kaodi

Hero
If Makharat sticks around Arcanix for a couple of days, is he approached or contacted by the fellow who was looking to employ him?

Remove ads