Votes: 7 6.9%

Votes: 22 21.6%

Votes: 28 27.5%

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • 7+

Votes: 26 25.5%

phil500

First Post
For a balanced party of 6 1st level chars, how many 600 xp encounters should their resources (no consumables) get them through?

Remember voting 4 means they get through 4 but tpk during the 5th.

Starbuck_II

First Post
In my exp (doing Demo 4E Lite), it is 3 or 4 depending on how the battle went (how varied were enemies, did they use daily in this fight, etc).

So I voted 3.

Harshax

First Post
Herodotus said:
My experience is actually 6 to 8. The last few encounters are really exciting as people run out of healing surges.

Considering the vista like settings implied in combats (obstacles, terrain, and especially movement), 6 - 8 might be a good equivalent to a moderately sized dungeon level. That sounds like an interesting change of pace.

keterys

First Post
I put 6 - you'll get a high variance depending on party skill, though. For some players, they'll hardly be sweating by the 6th and could cheerfully go further, but apparently a lot of people would be caught up at 4 or even less (less???)

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Herodotus said:
My experience is actually 6 to 8. The last few encounters are really exciting as people run out of healing surges.
Same here. We did not actually fight all 8 of the encounters in one day, but if we had, we might have gotten through he seventh, but definitely would have been murdered on the eighth.

phil500 said:
For a balanced party of 6 1st level chars, how many 600 xp encounters should their resources (no consumables) get them through?

Remember voting 4 means they get through 4 but tpk during the 5th.
Are we voting on how the we think the game should work in a perfect world, or how it we expect it/have experianced it to work?

malraux

First Post
Herodotus said:
Are all those encounters "on level", or do some exceed the XP budget for a single encounter?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases