[Recruiting/OOC] Looking for Interested Parties to Bring the Metal to Eberron

Logos7

First Post
Und Hello Everyone, My Name is Jurgen and I am here to give a game today, little girls.

okay not really, but I am looking for a handful (4-6) interested players for a fast paced, Eberron game.

I'm looking for roughly a post a weekday. The Game will be Eberron DnD 3.5 with a few houserules.

But What I really want, as Jurgen knows, is to bring the metal to Eberron and consequently i need a group of players that share the vision. I want Over the Top, Blood Thumping, Power Chord Using Players and Characters. That said I'm also looking to keep it core for the most part, I don't think cheese is metal so much, so please lets talk quality and not quantities.

Stats: 4d6 (rearrange as you please)
Races: SRD and ECS races are fine, Half Orcs gain Improved Inititive, +4 Intimidate, and 1 Natural Armor. Hobgoblins are being offered as is with no level adjustment. Anything else needs approval, if its metal its much more likely to be approved. No Subraces.
Classes: SRD+Artificer
Feats: SRD+ECS.
Starting Level 1

Extra House Rules
Max x3 Starting Hp + Con mod (once) 16 con fighter starts with 33 hp 8 con wizard starts with 11
All Pc's gain bonus armour = 1/2 level minimum 1. This counts as an armour bonus.
The *Multible* Skills of Craft, Profession, Knowledge, Perform are now a single skill. You can have only have Knowledge 9 not Knowledge:Who cares 9 and Knowledge: Things i should have known anyway 9

Game play is starting somewhere in Khorvaire, I was thinking either the demon wastes, Lhazaar, The Shadow Marches or Talenta. if you have an alternate suggestion please make it.

As for character back grounds, You all having, dodged the war having much more awesome things to do, have instead joined the way finders guild, and all find yourself perusing a similar goal. You all respect each other's abilities, and don't want to bring the wrath of the guild down upon your head. They don't smile upon upon pk's. the goal will depend upon location selected or suggested. The Year is 999, (1 year ahead of the setting book), in a slightly more august and reserved Khorvaire, as the recession that has been put off for almost a hundred years finally hits with the reduction in spending after the war. Maybe adventuring is the only way....

Last edited:

Logos7

First Post
Kewl, I'm am glad for the enthusiastic responce.

so now I have 5 interested parties, which is more than enough, I'm willing to guarantie each of you a spot in the game +1 more (the next poster) who shows interest.

BUT.

we gotta get threw character creation first, so please post any questions and feel free to riff off each other's ideas. (i'm not telling you to necessarily make something for a party, but listen AND COMMENT on each other's characters)

So to the Half Ogre, and the Goliath. No.

May i offer an alterative, The Neandrathal from Frostburn.

Its a big primitive brute built to be a smasher, without the level adjustment or monster levels, powerful build or large size that makes me wince at these guys.

Now About Alignment:

If everyone could describe their alignment in terms of heavy metal it would be A. Helpful B. Rad. A band or a genre would be fine. I would imagine that the law-chaos aspect would be reflected somewhat in speed vs thrash metal and the good vs evil aspect as power vs Doom/Black/Death metal, but really make a choice (Genre or band or genre and band) and be prepared with a little explanation.

You know like my fighter is industrial metal because he makes his own armour, I like that .

of course this seems to screw the paladin slightly, Detect Evil can either be dropped entirely (with simular spells, ) or one of two things

The metal alignment could replace the spells. circle of proection against death metal, detect power metal that kind of things, they would be slightly more useless because its much more of a taste thing than the alignment thing (as if alignment was all that useful or not prone to argument to begin with.

otherwise we can introduce detect sin, detect sin detects bad action that happened recently. A murder or rape or something like that might last as a miasma of sin in a person's mind for months, whereas the smaller sins like white lies or stealing for the needy literally dissipate as it forms. Of course I wouldn't be opposed to something like detect lies either, I think they all make sense for the paladin. (its probably a moot issue, but its good to talk about)

now on to yon charcters

Mad Scientist Warforged Artificer: Good Start, now is he tragic like Dr. Frankenstein or possessed like Reed Richards working on the hyper cube. Either works.

Half Orc Barbarian, Love it (Hey look guys someone's playing a half orc and i only had to throw 3 or 4 feats at it)

Hobgoblin= kewl,

Goliath and Half Ogre; Keep Working!

Shayuri

First Post
Hee!

I'll have to come back to alignment when I've looked up some of the bands/songs and seen what classification they are. My mental image of him is like something out of one of those long, creepy, stop-motion metal videos they used to make with surreal industrial imagery...

Personalitywise, he's not tragic. He's got a sort of manic glee that manifests even in inappropriate situations...especially under inappropriate situations. It bobs on the surface of his psyche like ice floes atop a river that flows at unthinkable speeds. Ideas keep bubbling up, bouncing around and colliding, then being forced back down...but the course of the river never changes. It always rushes towards his ultimate goal; creating another warforged person.

Not just turning knobs on a Forge though. Actually building one and making it work.

Corollaries to that include: upgrading himself, upgrading -other- people (ideally with their permission), building non-warforged constructs.

bedford

First Post
hm. I was looking for some way to play a grappler but without large size or powerfull build i don't think it would be a good character. would you allow the jotunbrud feat combined with neanderthal race? it would make a good base for a big wrestler kind of character. next level would be fighter to get improved grapple and unarmed strike.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases