[Recruiting/OOC] Looking for Interested Parties to Bring the Metal to Eberron

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Graf said:
Hey Logos!
Glad you didn't give up on running game!

Any alt slots avaiible?

I might have too many games going on right now that I can handle, so if it's ok with Logos, you can take my spot. I can simply fail out of the trials that are going on right now prior to the mission being taken. Sorry, but I figure this would be a good time to drop out and let someone with more time to dedicate to this one.

Logos, no hard feelings, I just have a lot on my plate right now. I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this game, as I would like to see how it turns out. Thanks for the opportunity!

Graf

Explorer
(Don't Fear) the Reaper

If I can take over Fangor's slot I'd like to do a scythe wielding elven death-chick from Aerenal.
Maybe a combat focused cleric?
Barbarian. Definitely barbarian.

In keeping with the "love song" part of of DFTR:

She met her love on 914 YK, Shaeras Vadallia had summoned the clans of the Valaes Tairn to souther Cyre.

She was there as an independent observer, on behalf of her revered elder. But, feeling the passion of the day, and she couldn't hold herself apart. Barely a hundred years old, was swept of her feet by a charismatic, and heroic member of the Tairnadal.

They were together for only 82 years. 82 years short blood-soaked years of hunting and killing Karrns and halflings broken up with beautiful sunrises, and bouts of nookie among the grasslands.

He died on 996 the day the Treaty of Thronehold was signed.
She's wandered Khorvaire for the last two years, rootless.

Life on Arenal seems so slow, so pointless. Even as she is Aereni she can't stand dwelling upon them.
She could ride with the Valenar, of course, and she does so from time to time but without her soulmate it all seems so pointless. There is no glory for her anymore.
The rest of her elvin cousins on the mainland are whiny little pansies.

Stats (9, 19, 15, 17, 19, 20)

Is this concept appropriately metal?

Edited to add:
I suppose it's weird to have this background and still be 1st level, but maybe she mostly rode around on his horse and did the nekking part of it?
Eberron's more in the spirit of "most everyone is first level; unless you have a great destiny".

I suppose I can just make her "still 100" and she only knew her soulmate for a year. That would be even more poignant.
(But poignant in a metal-kinda way.... of course!)

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Starting as a barbarian]
Multi class into wizard so I can blast stuff?
Str 19
Dex 19
Con 18
Int 19
Wis 15
Cha 9
Feats: Martial Weapon Prof (bonus)
Track (to chase down little halflings and kill them)
AC (Hide Armor): 18 (3arm+4dex+1special)

skills Climb +8(4) Intimidate +3(4) Jump +8(4) Listen +7(4) Ride +8(4), Survival +7(4), Swim +8(4) Spot +5(2)

Normal:
Hit points 40
Scythe +5 2d4 + 6

Raging (Str 23, Con 22, AC 16)
Hit points 42
Scythe +7 2d4 + 9

[/sblock]

[sblock=wizard build]The other possibility would just be a wizard.
Same stats

Normally (with a longsword and mage armor)
+4 1d8+4 AC 19 (armor 4+1/dex 4)
Hit points: 16

With Exotic Weapon Proficiency Scythe, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor that'd be
Str 21, Dex 17, +4 2d6+7 10ft reach AC 17 (armor 4+1/dex 3/siz -1)[/sblock]

I realize the character concept probably lacks sufficient lacks metal-ness. But the idea of a gaunt semi-savage tattooed elf stalking short lived little races over the grasslands has some sort of strange appeal to me.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Graf said:

I realize the character concept probably lacks sufficient lacks metal-ness. But the idea of a gaunt semi-savage tattooed elf stalking short lived little races over the grasslands has some sort of strange appeal to me.
Don't get eaten by my short lived little talenta halfling.

But I like this concept. Perhaps I should change to shifter (wildhunt or razorclaw) druid (is druidic avenger fro UA okay?)...
I already play the dinosaur riding halfling in another game...

Str: 16
Dex: 17
Con: 17
Int: 13
Wis: 20
Cha: 10

Feat: Extra Rage (if druidic avenger) or shifter ferocity

Spells: SRD + Eberron Setting only? (= SRD only for druids)

Item: Dragonhide breastplate for 700gp

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
She doesn't eat halflings, she just hunts and kills them in a sort of "life is war" type Darwinian paradigm.
But only when Karrns aren't available (Karrns, generally, are easier to catch on the plains -- they think their fancy metal armor will do them some good).

Don't need tracking for Karrns, just follow the smell.
Catching little halflings is tricker.

(What the halfling say about her and her people? Maybe it veers into that territory. She was part of a particularly savage band of Valaes Tairn. But that was at least two years ago and a contenant away.)

If this were a normal game then I'd probably talk about her eventual struggle to re-integrate herself, at least somewhat, into society (she's forgotten, effectively, how to do basic things like read). A possible epic destiny she's been putting off. Undying councilor relatives she's been avoiding (a minor sin in Aerenal culture). Etc

Given the themes of the game I'm not planning doing much personal growth. But she's no more bothered by halflings than to any other group.

Of course, shifter druids are very cool. I just don't want you to feel like you need to change your character concept. The level of potential friction is low (unless you'd like it to be higher... of course ;) )
(and, (don't fear) the reaper is only metal if you get very drunk, close your eyes and squint so I may get rejected on that basis alone)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases