Mage-Brute build help

pawsplay

Hero
Derro said:
Right here. About a fifth of the way down. Andy Collins clarified things in a Sage Advice which is where I've drawn my rationale from. I couldn't say which one, I've got hard-copy somewhere.

That's cool. But it should be clarified; nothing in hideous blow states this important fact.

EDIT: And as it turns out, the Sage went the other way. Officially, hideous blow DOES provoke an AoO.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ask/20080214a

Last edited:

roguerouge

First Post
Take the eschew materials feat? And what about all those pesky gestures and incantations? That'd be silent and still spell feats. By RAW, I think you're going to have a tough time not being picked out as a spell caster without DM fiat helping you out.

Slife

First Post
roguerouge said:
Take the eschew materials feat? And what about all those pesky gestures and incantations? That'd be silent and still spell feats. By RAW, I think you're going to have a tough time not being picked out as a spell caster without DM fiat helping you out.
Avoid casting spells that have gestures and incantations?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dannyalcatraz said:
1) No Psionics (probably the best I could do anyway would be making the Soulknife arcane instead of psionically based).
This is really unfortunate. The more I think about it, the more I think a Barbarian 1 / Wilder ++ would fill the role admirably. You'd get access to all sorts of self-buff effects, which would all key off of your volatile emotions. Later, when you "discovered" your magic, you could take more direct-damage and battlefield-control powers.

Cheers, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
roguerouge said:
There are very few useful verbal-only or Somatic-only spells, so far as I'm aware. Anyone got a list?
1st level: feather fall, true strike. These two spells are what I have my NPC Paladins take when they pick up Sorcerer 1 to qualify for Dragon Disciple. :)

Cheers, -- N

JoelF

First Post
I just built an epic level (22nd) character using a different build.

Brb1/Ftr 4/Wiz 1/Green Star Adept 10/Eldrich Knight 6.

Green Star Adept is the way to go for a fighter with spells - by the time you max it out you're a construct and immune to a ton of stuff, +6 Nat Armor, +6 Str, DR 10/Adamantine, as well as some other nice stuff.

Caster progression is only 5/10, but the off levels boost your caster level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases