Wayfinder Expedition to the Demon Wastes - Page 6


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Base Shifter Monk1, AC25 HP28/28 spot +5, Listen +3

    The tiny, yet sharp pain brings the Young shifter out of his shield-bongo revelry, as he lashes out with a viscious jumping, spin kick that slides over the top of the goblin's shield and shatters it's nose. AoO: (1d20+4=24, 1d6+2=7) Critical Confirm: (1d20+4=13, 1d6+2=6) Then taking a step if nessassary to maintain a flank on any goblin he unleashes another series of rapid punches FoB: (1d20+2=4, 1d6+2=4, 1d20+2=15, 1d6+2=8) but in all the confusion, is unsure if he hit anything. "...argh! you pesky little bugs, I'll crush your pathetic tiny skull's and eat out your brains, if I don't have to scoop too much of them out of the dirty gravel beach, and why are you living on a beach covered in little rocks anyways, I mean is it that you like not being able to even breath without the crunching sound of itty-bitty stones clattering over eachother, and what's up with all the demon worshiping and blood sacrifices and who want to live in this hell hole anyways and..."
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

 

  • #52
    The Goblin's make a few more half hearted jabs before breaking up and running away. Rummaging over the dead bodies you find aside from the spears and the shields, the gobbo's have little to their name.

    Pressing forward you find the main camp, a rundown set of tents looks to have been all these goblins had, except for a small ark, that Wulfgar is leaning over right now. The Corpse of a Giant of some kind lays dead near his feet, the ark obviously suited to being picked up by the giant for transportation rather than the more traditional teams of 2 or 4 men.

    Wulfgar waves you over, as the rest of your sailors slowly disperse into the area looking for loot. The Heavy and intricate ark is covered in some sort of lettering , presumably goblin. By the time most of the teams are in, and the causalities figured out (2 men badly injured from a different longboat), you've all had a chance to look over the chest, and the trap that lays upon it. Wulfgar laughs at those who attempt to open it, kidding, Wait for the mage,.. Probably nothing of value inside anyway.

    [spoilers ahead]

    If you attempt to open the ark... [spoiler] take 3 electrical damage [/spoiler]
    If you attempt to hack appart the ark ...[spoiler] Take 3 electrical damage, and you watch in amazement as the ark repairs itself [/spoiler]
    If you read gobbo... [spoiler] Speak Foe and Meet your Doom, Speak Friend and behold the God [/spoiler]

    ps how do you do the little button spoilers eh?
    Last edited by Logos7; Wednesday, 7th May, 2008 at 12:19 AM.

  • #53
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    21

    Ignore Graf
    My communities:

    Reaper -- Elven Barbarian 1, AC18/14/14 HP 40/40 spot +5, Listen +7

    OOC
    I, uh, cunningly locked myself out of my enworld account. Back now.



    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    ps how do you do the little button spoilers eh?
    Spoiler Blocks

    Kinda a pain. I suggest using texter to semi-automate it. So whenever I type sb and hit tab it outputs the code and I just click around and fill in.

    the code is [ sblock=title]main block text [ /sblock] WITHOUT the spaces between the first bracket and the sblock.

    It's the same system as urls.
    If you want to see how it's done you can also hit the quote button, it'll show you the full code the person used on that text.


    Reaper takes a few halfhearted swings at the goblins as they depart.

    The savage elf squats indolently near the ark watching with vague interest. She doesn't read anything but the strange box looks interesting. She remembers being able to write, in the past.
    Idly she picks up a stick and begins to scratch in the ground, forming odd characters that aren't elvin. Her hand moves as if by rote, her mind not processing what it is she's writing.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

  • #54
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Vigarr will give one of the goblin bodies a kick as he walks over, stabbing a few of them just to make sure. He picks up on of the spears on the way, but seeing the extremely poor craftsmanship throws it down in disgust.

    Vigarr looks helplessly at the ark, he can't read common, let alone this foreign language. He'll wait somewhat impatiently with Reaper, watching absentmindedly as she doodles in the dirt, although to him it looks like she's writing correctly.

  • #55
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    serow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away...
    Posts
    372
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore serow
    Zaeg, bloodied but in very high spirits how long has it been since I've got the blood moving, felt this alive!, moves over to the strange looking box, and takes a look at the writing on it.

  • #56
    The Weather mage flies in....

    he looks at the box and says "Wait for the trapsmith, I'm going to take care of the fleeing goblins"

    The mage looks to the sky pointing a finger, when suddenly he is struck by lightening...

    and it doesn't go anywhere, the steady beam of lighting from the sky to his finger is quickly joined by others until the wind mage looks like a lightning marionette. Then the lines slowly form a ball about as big as one of the longboats, until suddenly the mage says "Hunter-Seeker Protocal 101a, Goblins" and the ball explodes out into a thousand lightening bolts and the faroff cry of dying goblins can be heard as snakes of lightning mericlessly hunt them down and electrocute them to death, before swallowing the bodies and taking them back up into the heavens.

  • #57
    The Thief rolls in with a heavy bowlegged gait, and looks at the box before softly saying

    Vigarri

    and the box opens revealing a hunched goblinoid with wings and tentacles.

    made out of gold.

    about as big as the real thing (A goblin )

    Laughing it up, the trapsmith yells and two sailors appear "Take it to the command vessel "

    everyone takes the instance to set up a base camp here, and the night passes by quitely.

    The next day you are on the seas, and make it dock at bloodcrescent, the place where your sposed to be resupplying.

    Only thing is no people and no supplies can be found, Wulfgar cursing, calls for a meeting of the officers junior and senior in the town pub. Also empty, the sailors are to keep watch on the vessels.

    You have an hour in an empty town, that ought to be bussling. Wood and Shingle construction premiate throughout the town, however there are no signs of violence. Quickly looking in some random shops, you see everything seems to have been left instantly. The clothes shop clean and tidy except for a few bolts of cloth on the floor, as if the merchant was showing someone and then vanished. No immediate signs of the provisions can be secured before the meeting.

    Logos

  • #58
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    21

    Ignore Graf
    My communities:

    Reaper hisses and mutters to herself. Uncharacteristically she sticks very close to the rest of the group muttering a single word to herself over and over.
    Elvin

    Mouring Mourning Mourning


    She avoids buildings trying to stick to the middle of the road.

    She only enters the tavern to meet Wulfgar when the rest of the group has entered and she realizes the only alternative is to remain on the street by herself. With great reluctance she slips through the doorway and squeezes herself into the middle of the group like a herd animal clustering with its brothers for comfort.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

  • #59
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Base grabs his gear from the boat and lightly taps out a soothing rythm on his trusty drum as he find a comfortable spot in the new camp. Perform (drum): (1d20+3=14)
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #60
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    serow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away...
    Posts
    372
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore serow
    Zaeg walks about, and seeing the empty buildings, feels a little tempted to scavenge them for usable items. But he does not act on that impulse yet, not wanting to arouse too much trouble here for now.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Who wants to be a Wayfinder?
      By Mista Collins in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 586
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th April, 2011, 07:09 PM
    2. Wayfinder #2 is out
      By Skytheen in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Monday, 15th February, 2010, 03:05 AM
    3. Keep on the Borderlands...of the Demon Wastes
      By Ashrem Bayle in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th September, 2005, 03:29 AM
    4. Kostchtchie, Demon Lord of the Ice Wastes
      By The Serge in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 11th November, 2002, 01:23 AM
    5. Kostchtchie, Demon Lord of the Ice Wastes
      By The Serge in forum Monster Homebrews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 11th November, 2002, 01:21 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •