New GSL Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacris

First Post
Actually, that is big news, because it confirms the GSL is still coming, that's it's royalty-free, but that it will be restrictive like the d20 STL.

Considering that there was concern the 3rd party support was going to be scrapped entirely or severely toned-down to a invite-only list, that let's me know I can get back to work on ideas for 4E psionics material :)

2WS-Steve

First Post
That's good news!

I hope that at least some of the better established publishers get the opportunity to release at Gencon, if only on a special license. I think seeing third party support at Gencon will help make the launch of 4e more successful.

Orcus

First Post
2WS-Steve said:
That's good news!

I hope that at least some of the better established publishers get the opportunity to release at Gencon, if only on a special license. I think seeing third party support at Gencon will help make the launch of 4e more successful.

" The effective start date for sales of D&D 4E GSL publications will be October 1, 2008."

If they push GenCon to Oct 1... :)

xechnao

First Post
And I wonder if this fantasy and non-fantasy thing means that 3rd parties with this license for now can only create adventures.

2WS-Steve

First Post
Orcus said:
" The effective start date for sales of D&D 4E GSL publications will be October 1, 2008."

If they push GenCon to Oct 1... :)

Actually, that's what I was responding to. I was hoping that the 10/1 date was for the wide release, and they'd allow a few publishers from their early call list to get stuff out at Gencon.

Vigilance

Explorer
Blacksway said:
Doesn't really say much I don't think - anyone else heard anything?

Actually, it speaks volumes.

It tells us, at a minimum:

Wizards still has a commitment to open gaming.

The talk of a GSL was genuine, not an attempt to "embrace, extend and exterminate".

There are no cease and desist letters heading out to fan sites after 4e's launch.

lurkinglidda

First Post
2WS-Steve said:
Actually, that's what I was responding to. I was hoping that the 10/1 date was for the wide release, and they'd allow a few publishers from their early call list to get stuff out at Gencon.
The October 1st date applies to all 3PPs publishing under the D&D 4E GSL, including those that are getting early access.

The date is completely unrelated to GenCon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases